Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 14
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Now and I know this will sound perverted but if someone who knows how to edit panels properly could make a version of the VC with a small GPS and maybe a modernized radio stack this would be the perfect package.
    Just for VA flying so theres a version to fly that is more likely what you would be flying for cargo ops who still flys and old DC-3.

Would be perfect

There is a gps that is sizeable (look in views) and the radios are WIP.This is a beta.Please read the manual it is there to help you and to answer questions like these.

Cheers Chris

Yes of course I do know its beta and wonderful as is and I do know there is a GPS pop up available as I have looked at the manual. I was referring to one built into the panel for a modernized option and it wasnt really a question that I was asking nor a question that I was looking to be answered just an observation.

Sorry if that was out of line.

I think I can safely say there will not be a modernized version of the cockpit with a GPS in the panel. The point of this version from its inception many years ago now was a classic, authentic, vintage cockpit true to life as possible. Lots of work has gone into accomplishing that goal, and continues now. It would be pretty odd to just dump that now and modernize willy nilly, wouldn't you say. Oh, yes, you would say. It is "perverted."

hah yes.

Well I certainly did not mean the developer should change his vision in any way and very much love and appreciate this classic package as is.
    I was just talking about a stand alone cockpit edit by someone like there was for V2.

Appreciate the feedback and moving on now.

This 'vintage black' office with faded brown upholstery and padding has just found its way to the library here at SOH and flightsim.com as well. Look for 'Douglas_C-47_V3_VC-Black.zip'.

Cheers,
    Jan

Beautiful! Thanks so much for uploading it.

Thank Youuuuuu
    The more you do, the less you dream

Beautiful VC Jan. Just when I think I've settled on my favorites another beauty comes along...

Quote Originally Posted by Stardog765 View Post
    could make a version of the VC with a small GPS and maybe a modernized radio stack this would be the perfect package.
    I have a gps, bendix and modern HSI pop-up that I copy & paste in all my aircraft's panel configs, including this one.

Hi Zsolt.
    Are your paints available to download?

Cheers Chris

Thanks Alky, I will look into learning how to do that. Sounds like a good idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

This 'vintage black' office with faded brown upholstery and padding has just found its way to the library here at SOH and flightsim.com as well. Look for 'Douglas_C-47_V3_VC-Black.zip'.

Cheers,
    Jan
    Looks like the server is headed for another melt down...!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Stardog765 View Post
    Beautiful! Thanks so much for uploading it.
    Thanks Stardoggy and you're welcome. I saw your plea for a GPS. First and foremost, editing a 2D panel is one thing, editing a VC is quite a different kettle of fish. I.e. not possible without the source file or it must be thru a pop-up window which i guess is not what you're looking for.

Like Griphos already stated, afraid you're knocking on the wrong door regarding GPS. Personally i am very much an old style navigation aficionado. I have always felt that there is something beautiful in finding your way around the planet by following needles that magically move across the faceplates of VOR/ILS and ADF gauges.

I used to use real, outdated Jeppesen Enroute and Terminal charts to fly my simulated flights which i always enjoyed tremendously (talking about the late 80's and all thru the 90's) The appearance of FSNav made that all redundant, much less the introduction of GPS in FS...

With GPS you can never get lost again and that's why it is probabely the next best thing since sliced bread for real world aviation but there's nothing more exiting and rewarding as getting lost in a simulated peasoup and eventually still find your way home thru the use of a simple ADF needle (without calling up the Map, naturally.. ;-)

Still, i do understand what you're looking for of course. Just about any still flying Dakota has GPS on board nowadays, either handheld, clipped somewhere on that small mid plate or gas box, or integrated in the panel. A lot of water will have passed underneath the bridge before anything like that might be availabe for the VVC but this is an ongoing project ( as far as i'm concerned ) so you never know.

That said, I'll get off my peasoup box now.

Cheers,
    Jan

Ah guys, this is killing me.....;-)

I'm still in recovery from brain opp, and it'll be another 2 months at least, before i can even think about simming
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Javis thank you sir. I appreciate your words very much.
    Its funny as I am and always have been a serious WWII aviation nut. Spent most of my flying experience online in WWII combat sims all the way back to Warbirds so really I should be the last person on earth wanting to put a dang GPS in this wonderful classic plane. Its strictly an OCD thing I assure. I like to fly my little virtual bush airline in Alaska and Canada and try to keep it as close to what I would be using in the real world if of course it were real

So its not a lack of respect for old school piloting, quite contrary I prefer that myself but if I were flying this plane as a DC-3 as part of a little cargo outfit in Alaska or Canada it would almost certainly have at least a handheld GPS and updated radio stack so that was where I was coming from. I just added the GPS handheld from the Carenado 185 bush plane to it as a pop up so that should work for me for now.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers here asking for that. Hopefully that explains a little better why.

S!

@Zsolt,
    how You set up chocks and ladder ?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you to all for this beautiful... beautiful plane. Amazing! I've been anticipating this like so many others and am simply amazed at how much love and attention went into the development.. and beta no less.

After spending already countless hours flying this treasure with nothing but a huge smile on my face, I wanted to make a few inquires regarding some visuals that I've noticed.

From the VC, the nose color seems static. Is there an easy way to apply the same colors of a new paint scheme to the nose of the plane?

When flying, the shadow of the plane out the window of the VC is just of the VC model..not tail just wings and nose.

Is there anyway to animate the cabin door opening and closing similar to the rear doors?

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    @Zsolt,
    how You set up chocks and ladder ?
    Parking brake and Shift+4 chocks on

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post

Which model is it?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Immersive sim! Wowie! Goooooood work!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Quote Originally Posted by wallydog View Post
    I wanted to make a few inquires regarding some visuals that I've noticed.

From the VC, the nose color seems static. Is there an easy way to apply the same colors of a new paint scheme to the nose of the plane?
    Look in the texture folder.
    You will see noseout.dds.
    You can repaint that and put it into the repaint folder of any livery.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Which model is it?
    Photoshop picture... removed antennas! Forgot to remove bubble to make it authentic.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Near the finish.

Many new weathering effects. Working horse.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 9