Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 5
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Sorry about the missing paratrooper texture !

Here it is, please copy into your P3D or FSX/Effects/Texture folder:

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/c47_paratext.zip

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Jankees,

Those layers are in the PK. With the server being slammed I was not able to get in to do the upload. We'll let the smoke clear a bit and I get the PK posted up.
    no worries, I'm off to Sweden tomorrow anyway, 3 weeks holiday, yaj!
    Though Zsolt may be less patient...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Javis, thanks but no worries! This is still a Beta. If that is all that I have to complain about............

Your were right, the cockpit lighting came on (somehow) and that caused the gauge to look gray' turned them off and they are black.
    As far as the nose tip over issue goes, the tailgear will raise up even at 18 knots. I rolled out from a dead stop, got it going a approx 20 knots and gently applied the brakes while pulling back on the joystick
    and the tail wheel did raise up a bit.

BTW, is there a way to stop the noise clanking while the plane rolling down the runway? It stops when airborne.
    I've pinpointed the sounds that I am talking about: seatshake sounds. I backed them up but I guess they are on a xml inventory list and if I changed the extensions to bak
    then I get a warning screen when flying the plane.

EDIT: the tail wheel will raise up even when you are stopping from a taxi. IMHO I think it a bit too sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    @Grey Eagle: Is is possible you have cockpit lighting on? That will cause some weird effects at present.

As for the brakes causing the plane to nose down (rather than nose over), that is correct. Applying brakes, depending on speed, should compress the front gear and even reduce load or raise the rear wheel. I don't think you are in any danger of nosing over. However, correct technique would include pulling back on the yoke while braking.

As for paratroopers, there was some last second concern about getting them in the package correctly. If there is an issue to be addressed, I'm sure it will be in a future update or hotfix. They do not work in P3D, as the manual states, at present at least. But they do work in FSX, or at least did for the beta team (with one possible exception that wasn't fully vetted in order to get the package out asap).

Beautiful job - well worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    As far as the nose tip over issue goes, the tailgear will raise up even at 18 knots. I rolled out from a dead stop, got it going a approx 20 knots and gently applied the brakes while pulling back on the joystick and the tail wheel did raise up a bit.

BTW, is there a way to stop the noise clanking while the plane rolling down the runway? It stops when airborne.
    I've pinpointed the sounds that I am talking about: seatshake sounds. I backed them up but I guess they are on a xml inventory list and if I changed the extensions to bak
    then I get a warning screen when flying the plane.
    EDIT: the tail wheel will raise up even when you are stopping from a taxi. IMHO I think it a bit too sensitive.
    If I set all the aircraft parameters to "realistic", then the aircraft does seem a little lively.
    However, so does the A2A B17 which tips onto its nose with the slightest braking.
    Either both aircraft are broken, not likely, or the realistic setting is not realistic, much more likely.
    I keep the sliders in the middle and both aircraft seem to behave more like the real thing.
    I am not a pilot but I am guessing that it quite possible to put any tail dragger onto its nose if
    you try hard enough.

As to the rattles, the default sound folder contains a file named silence.wav which is exactly that, a silent file.
    If you wish to remove any sounds, you can do this by making a copy of the silence.wav, renaming it to the
    file name of the sound you don't like and replacing the file in the DGSounds folder with the new silent file.
    There are three such seat rattle files and you will need to replace them all.

Personally, I think the rattles add to the aircraft, not take away but each to their own, I suppose.
    Regards,
    Nick

Great plane

Took it up for my first flight and it flew like a dream. Took off from KPWT did a circuit and landed. All as smooth as can be.

Tom

Magnificent work!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

What a fantastic piece of work. Outstanding.

Thank you to all involved.

I think 18 or 20 kts is too fast to taxi, and braking sharply at that speed will indeed move the cg to the nose. I've not flown a C-47 and have no idea whether the behavior of this model is realistic with respect to lifting the tail under braking, but I can tell you my Chief will lift her tail easily under braking if I don't hold the yoke back. And I've flown this version of the C-47 a great deal during Beta testing and both in FSX and P3D have noticed no untoward behavior under braking at normal taxi speeds.

What a great aircraft. Thanks so much, Has become my favorite A/C

Mixed answers on another forum. Is there a separate download for Ted's Wasp sounds (as in V2) or are they part of the new V3 download as it appears to say?

Enjoying the Beta immensely.

Ted,

You have posted several liveries in the original thread, like the MAC Martin's Air Charter. Will these be made available, maybe as a livery pack?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Ted's sounds are part of this package.

THe answer to my question can be found here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1034735

Post 1855!! Dang, that's a lot of posts

This package is INSANE! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the team! It looks (and is) incredible. I LOVE the sounds. Inside and outside seem perfect to my ears! I'm using it in P3D v3.3

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I LOVE the sounds. Inside and outside seem perfect to my ears! I'm using it in P3D v3.3
    I don't have P3D so I have no idea how different it is to FSX, but I'm curious if the sound settings are the same, and if so where are the sliders set to get the best sound experience from Ted's sounds? I'm using a headset while flying. Thank you.

I'm not sure of what to adjust. Also I wear a headset and I just installed the plane and let her rip!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    I don't have P3D so I have no idea how different it is to FSX, but I'm curious if the sound settings are the same, and if so where are the sliders set to get the best sound experience from Ted's sounds? I'm using a headset while flying. Thank you.
    This may help...

I have engines 100% and adjust my volume thru the external speakers (THX sound system).

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Sorry about the missing paratrooper texture !

Here it is, please copy into your P3D or FSX/Effects/Texture folder:

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/c47_paratext.zip

Cheers,
    Jan
    Sorry Jan that still does not work for me?

Jan,

I am so grateful that you came out of retirement to do the VVC. It is a master piece. I feel totally emerged every time I step in to the cockpit.

Only thing missing is the smell, and I tried an old pair of unwashed socks, but that didn't quite do it

First thanks for masterpiece

I don't know if repaints is allowed but I did this for my own civilian flight
    (click in image if want see larger)

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    This may help...

I have engines 100% and adjust my volume thru the external speakers (THX sound system).
    I watched the video and I appreciate the quick reply. My only source of sound is my headset, my computer has no speakers attached due to "disturbing the family" issues.
    I noticed the video had all the sliders at 50%, I'll try that. Thanks.

Jan wat do you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    First thanks for masterpiece

I don't know if repaints is allowed but I did this for my own civilian flight
    (click in image if want see larger)

were nice to upload this an maybee more,Jan wat do you say?

Cheers
    Ralf

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    were nice to upload this an maybee more,Jan wat do you say?

Cheers
    Ralf
    I say drat! I was wanting to do that !!

Great job, Hani !

( maybe different color seat cushions and armrests too ? Black ?.... )

Go ahead and upload if you want !

Cheers,
    Jan

Members who have read this thread: 9