Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 16
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    ... If you wish to remove any sounds, you can do this by making a copy of the silence.wav, renaming it to the
    file name of the sound you don't like and replacing the file in the DGSounds folder with the new silent file.
    There are three such seat rattle files and you will need to replace them all.
    Sorry to resurrect/bump this old post ... but I'd like to tone down the rattles slightly.

DGSounds folder???? This doesn't appear to be the default v3 sound folder as installed - so I can't find the culprit(s).

I appreciate you may be referring to some additional (Dave Garwood sounds <!--??-->). how would I tweak the original sound files?

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I ran into the same thing when applying the manufacturer decals to the engine cowls. There is a fix, but it needs to be done using the actual model. The UVW map needs to be modified, adding dedicated left and right mesh for the engines. Right now the engines share the same map.
    That caught me out as well (with the Pratt & Whitney logos). Is the mapping likely to be amended at some stage, do you think?

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Any chance the sound wizards could add altitude call-outs on approach to the already wonderful sound pak?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Sorry to resurrect/bump this old post ... but I'd like to tone down the rattles slightly.

DGSounds folder???? This doesn't appear to be the default v3 sound folder as installed - so I can't find the culprit(s).

I appreciate you may be referring to some additional (Dave Garwood sounds <!--??-->). how would I tweak the original sound files?

Adam.
    Hello Adam,

DG = the very talented Daniel Gauthier
    From the readme....
    This is the next version following Manfred's popular Douglas C-47 Skytrain V2, now featuring a 'Vintage Virtual Cockpit' (VVC) as well as a fully fledged cockpit-soundsuite, crew communication and audible checklist developed by Daniel Gauthier.

It is at Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta\panel\DGSounds and you would need to (know how to) edit the config files.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Hello Adam,

DG = the very talented Daniel Gauthier
    From the readme....
    This is the next version following Manfred's popular Douglas C-47 Skytrain V2, now featuring a 'Vintage Virtual Cockpit' (VVC) as well as a fully fledged cockpit-soundsuite, crew communication and audible checklist developed by Daniel Gauthier.

It is at Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta\panel\DGSounds and you would need to (know how to) edit the config files.
    Hahaha! I was wrong on all counts LOL!

I didn't think to look in the panel folder!!!! Many thanks, Nick!!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Got the V2's to use V3's cockpit.
    Hello,

You should be aware that there are very many changes to the V3 aircraft model to accommodate the VVC,
    so you cannot expect it to work properly in the V2 model.
    I see you have already found that the tail wheel does not sit correctly.
    Regards,
    Nick

Is there a way we can add the paratrooper panel to repaints?

Cheers Chris

Yes, simply copy panel3.dds from the texture.paratrooper folder into your repaint folder.
    Regards,
    Nick

Thanks Nick.

Cheers Chris

I've been niggling away at Janiek Arp's Name: douglas_c47_v3_private_livery.zip With this it is so simple to to recreate a paint, I think I should simply release this cos I have modified metal texture , plus the cheat lines, great thing between Janiek's work and and a few others will be very help full, another base for others to tinker around with .. this seriously is a mind blowing freeware aircraft

Ok, background is ready so I decided to do next skin. Can not miss Skytrain from Operation Overlord !
    Here is the preview of C-47A from D-Day, regards:

Soon. I hope You will like it.
    Last edited by YoYo; July 31st, 2016 at 07:51.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

What can I say to express my gratitude? Just thanks sounds too lame. Perhaps the ultimate freeware ever?

Anyway, Thank You for this plane. After a landing circuit, I´m thrilled. Many exciting adventures ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Ok, background is ready so I decided to do next skin. Can not miss Skytrain from Operation Overlord !
    Here is the preview of C-47A from D-Day, regards:

Soon. I hope You will like it.
    Very Nice - Wait it

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thank you! D-Day skins are one of my favorites!

I flew the C-47 from Innsbruck Austria to Horovice in the Czech Republic last night and the copilot sung a song!!!

Today I flew her from Alderney in the channel islands to Jersey and he said"Better open a window someones been sick in back"

It gets better by the day.

Cheers Chris

Thx. RAF verion preview. Dakota Mk.III "Spirit o Ostra brama".

It will be in the same time like D-Day skin.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    That caught me out as well (with the Pratt & Whitney logos). Is the mapping likely to be amended at some stage, do you think?

Adam.
    Jan and Manfred would be making that decision. I can sure bump the request forward.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thx. RAF verion preview. Dakota Mk.III "Spirit o Ostra brama".

It will be in the same time like D-Day skin.
    Very nice!!! YoYo, what's the meaning of "Ostra brama"?
    Last edited by menef; July 31st, 2016 at 12:05.
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Very nice!!! YoYo, what's the meaning of "Ostra brama"?
    Hello. "Spirit of Gates of Down" (Vilnius http://www.vilnius-tourism.lt/en/wha...gates-of-dawn/ ).

btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8S28QUXl1E . Nice.

As to the rattles, the default sound folder contains a file named silence.wav which is exactly that, a silent file.
    If you wish to remove any sounds, you can do this by making a copy of the silence.wav, renaming it to the
    file name of the sound you don't like and replacing the file in the DGSounds folder with the new silent file.
    There are three such seat rattle files and you will need to replace them all.

Adam.

Thank you
    The more you do, the less you dream

I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of the seat rattle sounds. Adds to immersion and is pretty realistic for this old bird.

Blog Entries
    Seat Rattle:

This is one of those areas that fall into the category of "artistic interpretation". The developer and team come to a consensus on sound level, immersion etc. and publish the project. Of course, everyone has their own taste and would like adjustments made.

There is an alternative to eliminating or globally modifying the seat rattle sound files. There are a number of sound editor programs available online. For anyone wishing to modify these particular files, they can be loaded into an editor and tweaked to one's preference, then re-saved. It's not technically difficult and solves the issue quickly.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members who have read this thread: 9