Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 11
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Such a great plane/release deserved some attention...so my old paint from 2012 was redrawn for this. It's the youngest C47 airframe still flying.
    I'll upload it presently. Now, if only the seats were the right way round...and I didn't have to fake the window in the cargo doors....and all those whiskers weren't there....

VH-OVM was built as a C47B at Douglas Aircraft, Santa Monica California in 1945 and was delivered to the RAAF as A65-98. After service throughout Australia and Asia including 2 theatres of War she was converted to Civil Standards by Schutt Aviation of Moorabbin in 1990 and named after Mr. Arthur Schutt MBE. She is owned by Shortstop Jet Charter out of Essendon Airport and operated for the people of Melbourne as "Melbourne's Gooney Bird".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GooneyFinal.jpg  

I agree with Fuzz.

I played with the paintkit last night and its a pleasure. The polished metal looks like photorreal!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

wat you think :

Mere words can't describe how happy I am with this gem, huge congratulations to all concerned for the machine and the lovely repaints. I wonder if anyone is thinking of re-doing my favorite, Duggy, would make a great addition to the hanger.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-1-30_16-2-4-226.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    thanks guys

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    wat you think :
    Nice combination of colors but is like missing some textures

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sem título.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Nice combination of colors but is like missing some textures

it is only the padding,i do not see wat you mean?

i am no repainter,i can´t do better,so if you can make something with that,feel free..........but share it then with the other.........

i send you a pm with downloadlink...........
    have fun
    cheers
    Ralf

@banjoman1960

Please can point me the textures here where it is in what file?

Also I noticed freak textures here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-7-27_10-43-36-399.jpg   2016-7-27_10-44-12-380.jpg  

@banjoman1960

Please can point me the textures here where it is in what file?

Also I noticed freak textures here
    you are welcome,
    but sorry i do not know........

@Jan.......i think you can point him?!?

a fast test 1 ...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _1GreeB.jpg   _2GreeB.jpg   _3GreeB.jpg   _4GreeB.jpg  

... and 2

for testing and feedback https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ap_WQvwG-0wUgQfx57xK-WKGv4Bl (of course to use with my grey repaint will need the full texture download, for green need to add the original paints files, etc etc ...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1GryB.jpg   2GryB.jpg   3GryB.jpg   4GryB.jpg  

@Hanimichal

i like them,glad you use my experiment´s

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    another snappy

That's a beauty Matt.. could very easily be a phot

ATB
    DaveB

Very nice! Thank you!

What a wonderful plane this is.

Missing default textures

Hi,
    I've tried to find any reference to the missing texture of the lower front fuselage (clearly visible in posts #87 and #152 of this thread).

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to correct this.
    Jim F.

P.S. Fantastic simulation!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-7-27_11-10-41-174.jpg  

I don't think it's an error, all the shots of it show the black part.
    I am sure its author will tell us why.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by jandjfrench View Post
    Hi,
    I've tried to find any reference to the missing texture of the lower front fuselage (clearly visible in posts #87 and #152 of this thread).

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to correct this.
    Jim F.

P.S. Fantastic simulation!
    this part of the texture as you can see here........

a fast test 1 ...
    Gracias Hanimichal
    to enjoy his paintings

Firstly, i'd like to thank all involved in this beautiful plane, I do a lot of flying in the SEA region and ive one of my favorite's has been the FS9 version from years ago with SEA skins by SteveB, i figured i'd see if they would work on this model, obviously it lacks shin ( not a problem for me as i figure camo birds would be a little more matt anyway ) and some very small areas are untexture'd, i think, or maybe that how there supposed to be ( specifically the radio masts ) , untill dedicated repaints come along, im happy

cheers ian

Awesome is an understatement

I downloaded this the first night but have not flown yet because of real life. I am enjoying all the posts and can't wait

CG limits

I haven't been able to find the CG limits. I have had the plane nose over on me a couple of times when coming up on power and was wondering if it was caused by the CG being to far forward.

Thanks,

Tom

Blog Entries
    Now that there are some shots of alternative cockpit textures...I've been quietly picking away at this one through the beta testing.
    I'm still working on alpha and spec/alpha levels, but it feels good at this stage.

Prepar3D 3.3.5

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Now that there are some shots of alternative cockpit textures...I've been quietly picking away at this one through the beta testing.
    I'm still working on alpha and spec/alpha levels, but it feels good at this stage.

Prepar3D 3.3.5

OH Yessssss , now that's my kind of cockpit

Pete.

Members who have read this thread: 9