Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 25
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 151718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    After getting home, looked at the aircraft.cfg entries and found none titled "camera configuration". So assumed (always a dangerous thing to do) you were talking about the "Cameradefinition" entries...but saw there were 13. Afraid that if I removed all of them I would have none...except the VC...so looked more carefully and found on titled "CA Standard"...which was the title of the one that came up with the F11 key. Then saw that it had at the end "HotKeySelect=3" so took a chance that was the line causing it to show up with the F11 key and "//" it out. That fixed it so my F11 now goes to the normal External Snap View. I left F10 and F12 as was as I use those on a New Window when starting up the engines.

Hope this helps.
    Thank You - It's OK now

Erick

After getting home, looked at the aircraft.cfg entries and found none titled "camera configuration". So assumed (always a dangerous thing to do) you were talking about the "Cameradefinition" entries...but saw there were 13.
    A safe assumption, the word camera does not appear anywhere else in the aircraft.cfg.
    Apologies for my devastating error.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Funny you ask specifically for P3D... As opposed to FSX 'basic' VC lighting in P3D does already work..? (atleast in P3Dv2, i don't know about v3 yet..) I am working on 'full' VC lighting for FSX right now. Various kinds of ambient light, fluorescent panel light, individual spotlights (atleast that's on my work order.. ;-)

cheers,
    jan
    Jan, quick question. When I activate the cabin lights (fx_vclight) I get an unnatural glare off many gauges and some gage face panels. Even worse at dusk. Attached a couple of pics to show what I mean. Is this something you're working on? Or do I have a messed up system? I have the same problem with the MILVIZ F-86.

As for the rest, I love this entire model. Fantastic work. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Phill

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beta3PanelLightsDusk.jpg   Beta3PanelLightsDay.jpg  

VC lighting is on its way.

From page 7 of the manual

From post 599 on the page before this one

Funny you ask specifically for P3D... As opposed to FSX 'basic' VC lighting in P3D does already work..? (atleast in P3Dv2, i don't know about v3 yet..) I am working on 'full' VC lighting for FSX right now. Various kinds of ambient light, fluorescent panel light, individual spotlights (atleast that's on my work order.. ;-)

cheers,
    jan
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    VC lighting is on its way.

From page 7 of the manual

From post 599 on the page before this one

Yes, I know it's on its way. I was only trying to see if this was a problem relating to my system, or if others see the same thing. If it's my system then I know to start troubleshooting. Was not asking when, only if...

Phill

Added Sperry autopilort to current Beta

I did this just because I wanted to see how it flies with the default sperry. All I did was to add the sperry compass and AHI to window 6 under the GPS. It really works nice for me, thought others might be interested. And yes I know this is a BETA model (and a really nice one) so this is just for those who might be interested.

Attached are a couple of files, one a jpg showing how it looks and some basic how to. The other is a text file that shows exactly what I did to get this working.

Phill

PS - did I mention how much I love this aircraft? Actually got to take the controls of one out of Dover AFB in the early 1960's.

I was unable to upload and attach a simple txt file so here are the instructions.

These are the three steps I took to add the default sperry to the VVC C-47 cockpit.
    Once done, then shift-6 will bring it up (with the GPS).

Step 1 - Open the aircraft.cfg file with notepad...
    Replace the [autopilot] section with the following...

[autopilot]
    autopilot_available= 1
    flight_director_available= 0
    pitch_takeoff_ga=0.0
    default_vertical_speed=700.000000
    autothrottle_available=0
    direction_indicator=1
    attitude_indicator =1
    max_pitch=10.000000
    max_pitch_acceleration=1.000000
    max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=2.000000
    max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=1.500000
    max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=20000.000000
    max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=28000.000000
    max_bank=25.000000
    max_bank_acceleration=1.800000
    max_bank_velocity=3.000000
    max_throttle_rate=0.100000
    nav_proportional_control=9.000000
    nav_integrator_control=0.250000
    nav_derivative_control=0.000000
    nav_integrator_boundary=2.500000
    nav_derivative_boundary=0.000000
    gs_proportional_control=9.520000
    gs_integrator_control=0.260000
    gs_derivative_control=0.000000
    gs_integrator_boundary=0.700000
    gs_derivative_boundary=0.000000
    yaw_damper_gain = 0.0
    default_bank_mode=2 //Default to Heading Hold

Step 2 - Find the original default Douglas_DC3 airplane folder and open the panel subfolder...
    copy the file Douglas_DC3.cab to the Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta/panel/ folder.

Step 3 - Inside the Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta/panel/ open panel cfg with notepad...
    Scroll down to the GPS_PANEL [Window05] and replace with the following...

[Window05]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=456,668
    pixel_size=456,668
    //size_mm=456,378
    //pixel_size=456,378
    //window_size_ratio=1.000
    position=2
    visible=0
    ident=GPS_PANEL
    window_size= 0.456, 0.660
    window_pos= 0.000, 0.090
    gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,456,378
    gauge01=Douglas_DC3!sperry_autopilot_compass, 0,379,230, 280
    gauge02=Douglas_DC3!sperry_autopilot_ahi, 230,379,230, 280

Sorry Phill,
    no troubleshooting required, it looks like that for everyone.
    Regards,
    Nick

Beacon lights

Did the Rebecca equipped C-47's use a red beacon light on the top of the tail like the other regular C-47s?

I noticed that all the Rebecca equipped liveries don't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Sorry Phill,
    no troubleshooting required, it looks like that for everyone.
    Thank you so much! Can relax and get on with flying...

Two Questions Please

Just would like to let all of you know I had successfully installed Jahn's C-47 version 3.12 and all models without problems into FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2. Also it is my pleasure to let all of you know that I successfully exported the liveries from version 2 into version 3.12 without problem and such liveries are working well in version 3.12.

I conducted ground tests and everything went well.

WOW such amazing SERIOUS payware quality in that totally FREEWARE add-on plane with unbelievable amazing ULTRA HIGH QUALITY cockpit!!!!!!

Many thanks to all people involved in development and distribution of the new version 3.12. That is SOME SERIOUS PAYWARE quality!!!

I have TWO questions please

One question is that I know from reading posts on this thread that there is NO NO night light for cockpit for version 3.12 which I have no no problem. However, I am curious to know if the latest beta version has night passenger window light? If no, then I have no no problem with that. If yes, that means I have to look at my installation and see what did I do wrong. Please let me know if it should have passenger window night light or not so that I do not have to rackle my brain trying to fix the passenger window night light.

Second question is that version 3.12 comes in various models with one or two red beacons. My question is that which model am I supposed to use for Buffalo Airways C-GWIR livery because I do not know if Buffalo Airways C-GWIR plane comes in one red beacon on top of tail OR two red beacons (one on top of tail and one on bottom of the plane)???

Thanks for any help any of you might offer.

Regards,

Aharon

cheers,
    jan
    I'm on P3D v3.3x and I'm not seeing any interior cockpit lighting.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I'm on P3D v3.3x and I'm not seeing any interior cockpit lighting.
    Ryan,

If you read previous posts including mine just above your post, you will see that night light in cockpit is not available in beta version of 3.12 version but will be available in future hence the warning in the manual book saying it is suited only for day flying, not night flying.

Regards,

Aharon

I've read that. If you read my post you'd see that one of the developers posted (of whom I quoted in my post) that it was working in P3D v2 but perhaps not P3D v3. Maybe he meant basic lighting as in exterior? But he did say VC so I had to ask.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Hard to misunderstand really

As opposed to FSX 'basic' VC lighting in P3D does already work..?
    (atleast in P3Dv2, i don't know about v3 yet..)
    Now you know the answer for P3D v3 is no.
    Regards,
    Nick

Anyone know what the FAA rule, in the 40's & 50's, was for altitude limits in airliners without using oxygen. I thought it was 10,000 ft limit for passenger aircraft but someone else I know thinks it was 12,000 ft.

Thanks,

Anyone know what the FAA rule, in the 40's & 50's, was for altitude limits in airliners without using oxygen. I thought it was 10,000 ft limit for passenger aircraft but someone else I know thinks it was 12,000 ft.
    It is 10,000 ft but if you see high mountains, you are allowed to climb to 12,000 ft to avoid mountains and then descend quickly to 10,000 ft when you clear of too high mountains.

And unless I am mistaken, FAA did not exist in 1940 and 1950. LOL

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    It is 10,000 ft but if you see high mountains, you are allowed to climb to 12,000 ft to avoid mountains and then descend quickly to 10,000 ft when you clear of too high mountains.

And unless I am mistaken, FAA did not exist in 1940 and 1950. LOL

Regards,

Aharon
    Thanks and your right...it was the CAA until 1958.

Finished flying for first time the new version 3.12 of Jahn DC-3/C-47 on FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2, and everything went very well during flight from CYHY to CYZF but the taxi turns were difficult and impossible to make turns. However, there are instructions on manual book to modify turns so I am trying to tackle on modifying the aircraft.cfg according to Jahn's instructional manual on C-47.

Amazing plane and AMAZING cockpit quality. I must repeat AGAIN that this is SERIOUS and AMAZING payware quality in this freeware add on plane!!

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I've read that. If you read my post you'd see that one of the developers posted (of whom I quoted in my post) that it was working in P3D v2 but perhaps not P3D v3. Maybe he meant basic lighting as in exterior? But he did say VC so I had to ask.
    Ryan, i ment that you don't see the mess as shown in the FSX screenies above when you switch the cockpit light on in P3Dv2. You can read the gauges more or less but that's about it. Proper VC lighting in all versions needs work, quite a lot of work if we want the same lighting options as in the real thing.

Here's a first trial of UV light that comes from 2 tubes on each side of the cockpit walls and radioluminescent painted gauge dials. Another UV light will sit on top of the quadrant and possibly two that light up the OH.

In any case, Visair Industrial Light & Magic has kicked off.

Jan,

I am loving the "radioluminescent painted gauge dials".

Nice to see the progress on the night lighting.

One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    but the taxi turns were difficult and impossible to make turns.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon, there is only one way to taxi a C-47/DC-3. You use differential braking and throttle. To turn left you use a bit of left brake and increase the right throttle. But remember to reduce the throttle before you complete the turn. To turn right just reverse the procedure.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Yes, but not everyone has throttle hardware or rudder pedals for individual braking. Modifying the .cfg file as instructed in the manual will allow users to simulate a steerable tailwheel and make taxiing easier for those without the ability to use brake and throttle.

I'll take that lighting right there! I'm in P3D v3 and I confirm that it is not working yet.

But your lighting looks fantastic!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Did the Rebecca equipped C-47's use a red beacon light on the top of the tail like the other regular C-47s?

I noticed that all the Rebecca equipped liveries don't have them.
    Grey Eagle and others, it may help to understand why some have them and others don't. The red flashing beacon light (occulting was the legal term used) on the tail was called an anti-collision light and was not mandatory on any aeroplane until after @1960, there was a vague regulatory 'out'' for older aeroplanes for a long time which allowed them to operate into aerodromes without ATC but if you wanted to go to an aerodrome with a tower (talking traffic lights we called them) then you had to fit the beacon on the aircraft. Up until then position or nav lights red/greem and white tail light were all that were required. Needless to say they were quickly fitted to most aircraft especially heavies and airlines and except for the bushies and have been a standard fit ever since. It was a good idea nonetheless as it is sure a lot easier to pick up the red flash at night as opposed to the steady glow of nav lights (and some were terrible and hard to see). The red light was supplemented by wing tip strobes sometime in the 1970's they were mainly for ground and dense airport operations and have become standard as well.

And no I am not a collector of arcane information just fond memories of this being precisely the sort of left field question you got from a flight examiner on a commercial renewal from time to time and having to ferry an old bird back to the big smoke once for overhaul that had you guessed it no flashing red light, lots of discussions that resulted in us getting into a non ATC aerodrome twenty miles from the destination and then doing the next day with the dispensation to arrive etc etc.
    Last edited by BendyFlyer; August 24th, 2016 at 20:34. Reason: addtional information

Will this VC lighting work in fsx also when done.
    Ryan, i ment that you don't see the mess as shown in the FSX screenies above when you switch the cockpit light on in P3Dv2. You can read the gauges more or less but that's about it. Proper VC lighting in all versions needs work, quite a lot of work if we want the same lighting options as in the real thing.

Here's a first trial of UV light that comes from 2 tubes on each side of the cockpit walls and radioluminescent painted gauge dials. Another UV light will sit on top of the quadrant and possibly two that light up the OH.

In any case, Visair Industrial Light & Magic has kicked off.

Members who have read this thread: 9