Virtavia A-6E intruder

Thread: Virtavia A-6E intruder

Virtavia A-6E intruder

So, I dont know how I missed this one when it came out, but I did. Discovered the Virtavia A-6 and especially Duckies amazing repaints for this bird. Makes it a whole new class of quality. This Virtavia product, plus the A-4, are my two favorite Navy birds now. I mostly use P3D for simming now and this bird works fine in P3D.

Some questions.

1. I hear Mal999 made a new FD for this bird? If so, anyone know were to get it?

2. The video screen in front of the pilot... (I dont know the proper name.) is there a gauge that would allow this to be an actual video screen similar to whats available in Dinos F-35?

3. Under P3D, you can choose various sensor views showing night vision, radar images, etc, but nothing really approximating night vision goggles that I can make work anyway. I would like to be able to fly this bird as the true all weather attack aircraft it is. To do that means night vision. Any help here would be appreciated.

I also posted this in the FSX forum as this airplane is native FS9/FSX. Any P3D advice specifically would be greatly appreciated. I cant believe how much I am enjoying this A-6E.

Thanks
    Eric

Not sure what the screen is supposed to display in the real aircraft, but I tried replacing it with the P3d ground radar that comes with the SDK, which seemed to work quite well.
    As far as night vision goes, TacPack has a night goggle mode if you have that.
    This is an aircraft that's crying out for proper TacPack integration.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Not sure what the screen is supposed to display in the real aircraft, but I tried replacing it with the P3d ground radar that comes with the SDK, which seemed to work quite well.
    As far as night vision goes, TacPack has a night goggle mode if you have that.
    This is an aircraft that's crying out for proper TacPack integration.

Whole heartedly agree needs tacpack!

Where and how do I get the ground radar? I have the latest SDK, but cant find it. I am assuming you have to compile it etc? I really want to replace that TV screen with something that works. Would make a huge difference, especially if usable on carrier approaches. I find this bird is hard to slow down and has not enough rudder, so I am tweaking that, but also find it hard to see over the panel on approach.

The radar gauge should already be in the P3d/gauges folder by default. Simply change the gauge20 entry in the [Vcockpit01] section of the panel.cfg from

gauge20=Alpha_A6!RADAR1, 144,23,350,304

to

gauge20=P3DRadar!Radar, 144,23,350,350

and you should be good to go.
    Note, I'm using the Alphasim version, not sure if it's different for the Virtavia release.

BTW, I did try to post this yesterday, but with the server being up-and-down it go lost on the way!

Members who have read this thread: 0