Virtavia A-6E intruder

Thread: Virtavia A-6E intruder

Virtavia A-6E intruder

So, I dont know how I missed this one when it came out, but I did. Discovered the Virtavia A-6 and especially Duckies amazing repaints for this bird. Makes it a whole new class of quality. This Virtavia product, plus the A-4, are my two favorite Navy birds now. I mostly use P3D for simming now and this bird works fine in P3D.

Some questions.

1. I hear Mal999 made a new FD for this bird? If so, anyone know were to get it?

2. The video screen in front of the pilot... (I dont know the proper name.) is there a gauge that would allow this to be an actual video screen similar to whats available in Dinos F-35?

3. Under P3D, you can choose various sensor views showing night vision, radar images, etc, but nothing really approximating night vision goggles that I can make work anyway. I would like to be able to fly this bird as the true all weather attack aircraft it is. To do that means night vision. Any help here would be appreciated.

I realize this is the FSX forum. Figured there is a bigger audience here, but will cross post this to the more lightly attended P3D forum as well.

Thanks
    Eric

Hi ya Eric, my Virtavia A6 is actually the original AlphaSim model, anyone who is Carrier orientated like yourself had to get it ... I don't have P3D tho , course me being the greedy bugger also have the RAZBAM A6 , must have been that movie 'Flight of the Intruder' come to think ... nothing TV tonight , maybe another watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Hi ya Eric, my Virtavia A6 is actually the original AlphaSim model, anyone who is Carrier orientated like yourself had to get it ... I don't have P3D tho , course me being the greedy bugger also have the RAZBAM A6 , must have been that movie 'Flight of the Intruder' come to think ... nothing TV tonight , maybe another watch.
    I don't have the new version of P3D, and keep putting off buying it. Maybe someday, when I am ready to get a new graphics card.

But I DO have the Razbam Intruder and the Alphasim version. Go Navy!

Eric..

You can grab Mal's updated FD's HERE

Not sure how the Virtavia version is packed.. mine is the Alpha version and it came as Pack1 and Pack2 so you'll find airfiles and cfgs for both packs in this zip
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I don't have the new version of P3D, and keep putting off buying it. Maybe someday, when I am ready to get a new graphics card.

But I DO have the Razbam Intruder and the Alphasim version. Go Navy!
    That is a thought, to re-install my Aerosoft Tomcat package ... the ole Kitty Hawk would love to meet up with the Intruder again

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Eric..

You can grab Mal's updated FD's HERE

Not sure how the Virtavia version is packed.. mine is the Alpha version and it came as Pack1 and Pack2 so you'll find airfiles and cfgs for both packs in this zip
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks Dave, I'll look at this later this afternoon

When Alphasim became "Virtavia", did they re-release the Intruder with any changes? It has been so long since I reinstalled their Intruder package. Main reason I ask is because I went through the process of converting one of Duckie's repaints, and added it, but then got a popup, saying it could not load it. NC

I'm not 100% sure NC but I doubt there were any changes. I recently re-bought their Prowler and the FD on that is listed as 2007 and while the texture files are in .dds format.. those in the shared folder are still 32bit bmps. By some irony.. I found the Alpha version a short while later and it's FD is dated the same.

ATB
    DaveB

When Alphasim became "Virtavia", did they re-release the Intruder with any changes? It has been so long since I reinstalled their Intruder package. Main reason I ask is because I went through the process of converting one of Duckie's repaints, and added it, but then got a popup, saying it could not load it. NC
    I converted all Duckies repaints to *.dds and it works great. Will look at the FD now.

Flies great in P3D as it is now. Would like it to have a little better night flying capabilities, but that mostly is either the video screen thingie I mentioned or figuring out how to activate "NVG" in P3D so that it can be a regular view option.

Duckies paint work makes this a hell of nice new toy. Same way his stuff keeps me flying the Virtavia A-4 on the regular.

Check the " Aircraft.cfg " the repaint probably calls up Virtavia , while your installed aircraft is ALPHA .
    Just change the repaint entries to ALPHA and it should work .

I know people had similar problems with the original F-111 due to the name change from ALPHASIM to Virtavia , however paints and panels
    were compatible .

Cheers
    Karol

Quote Originally Posted by COBS View Post
    Check the " Aircraft.cfg " the repaint probably calls up Virtavia , while your installed aircraft is ALPHA .
    Just change the repaint entries to ALPHA and it should work .

I know people had similar problems with the original F-111 due to the name change from ALPHASIM to Virtavia , however paints and panels
    were compatible .

Cheers
    Karol
    Yep, am sure that is probably the case. It was very late last night when I was attempting the installation and bmp-dds file conversion (for Duckie's repaints), so it's highly likely I screwed something up! NC

That is almost certainly the problem. In addition.. the ui_manufacturer is listed as Virtavia rather than Grumman (as in the Alpha release) so while the paints may work.. you might still have problems finding them. Been there.. done that!!

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That is almost certainly the problem. In addition.. the ui_manufacturer is listed as Virtavia rather than Grumman (as in the Alpha release) so while the paints may work.. you might still have problems finding them. Been there.. done that!!

ATB
    DaveB
    Haven't taken a look at it yet (will do so, later this afternoon), but I do recall changing the ui_manufacturer to Grumman because I had to find the new repaint in the "Unknown" listing. But even then I still got the "will not load" popup. There were other entries as well in the original .cfg file that were different from Duckie's. NC

NC.. make sure you grab a texture.cfg file from one of your current (default) paints and drop it into the folder with Duckies paint. There should already be one there from the VA95 folder but it'll do no harm to check. Other than the sim= line having to read AlphaA6Eclean (or dirty depending on the airfile you wish to use).. you should be good to go
    ATB
    DaveB

Yep, am sure that is probably the case. It was very late last night when I was attempting the installation and bmp-dds file conversion (for Duckie's repaints), so it's highly likely I screwed something up! NC
    Pete, PM me and I will email back the dds textures...

OK, guys, if there's anyone left out there who may want these, I just uploaded 3 repaints to the SOH library including cfg entries.

VA-52, VA-65 and VMA-121.

Cheers,

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Thanks Duckie .. I mean Steve I must get my Intruders back up on the hard deck.

Members who have read this thread: 0