German Jets Uploaded
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: German Jets Uploaded

German Jets Uploaded

All original files by Jon 'Dancat' Pratt!

Blog Entries
    Wow, they look great. What on earth are they Barry?
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Hi Clive. The skinny single engine one is the Focke-Wulf p.1 fighter and the fat one is the Junkers Ground Attacker. Both were experimental designs the Germans had been developing to some degree at one time or another. I believe the p.1 was closer to a reality in terms of scale model testing(?). You can see it's influence in a few early Russian jet designs (Yak-15), right down to the Jumo jet engine. These were created by Dancat and were uploaded here years ago but were lost during the last server upgrade.

Blog Entries
    Hi Clive. The skinny single engine one is the Focke-Wulf p.1 fighter and the fat one is the Junkers Ground Attacker. Both were experimental designs the Germans had been developing to some degree at one time or another. I believe the p.1 was closer to a reality in terms of scale model testing(?). You can see it's influence in a few early Russian jet designs (Yak-15), right down to the Jumo jet engine. These were created by Dancat and were uploaded here years ago but were lost during the last server upgrade.
    That first one has definite shades of A10 Warthog! Those German engineers were so far in advance of the Allieds. Amazing.

It's funny you should draw that comparison

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Muwah aha ha ha ha ha -hic-

Blog Entries
    It's funny you should draw that comparison
    What is it?? Looks great!

Love flying the other 2, low and fast!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Many Thanks>> This is too Cool!!

No WIP! I just have to adjust the shine in the M3D and package it for upload. Watch for it in the coming week.

The model was made by Dancat and as far as I know, it is a fictional aircraft. It is his vision of what a German A-10 would like.

The engines rotate aft slightly when the gear is down and the engine spinners actually spin. There is also a tail gunner position!

I'm have a few more models (mostly Luftwaffe 1946) by Jon that need some adjustments in Gmax and/or flight models. If anyone with these skills would like to assist in bringing the models up to par, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by FOO FIGHTER View Post
    " These files are assembled here in an effort to replicate that original upload. The weapons set included contains the ju-x4-aa anti-aircraft missile with a special proximity fuse! When it comes within 30-40 feet of an enemy plane, it will explode with enough force to take down a four engine bomber."
    Tried these on a Halifax bomber, the result is empressive !

I've resized the original texture files to 4096, smoothed out most of the jaggies, and lowered the contrast on the panel lines based on the local background color. Foo Fighter suggest I upload the result here for everyone else to use.

Once the moderator's review this it will be available here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...8&linkid=21690
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks for these mods they work nicely.

Hows that one coming?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wartswine.jpg  

Sorry for the delay. I had to break away from CFS3 for a while. I'm trying to give it a proper gatling gun sound, instead of a machine gun sound. Just a couple more days.

This is from a partly finished bmp file that Barry shared with me that I worked on overnight. I sent him the results to review.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Really like the depth and detail of the 4096 textures Andy! I love adding those wild axis camo schemes to the Luft '46 models! When are you going to get back into painting? Really enjoyed your work!

I enjoy working on them, but since I'm not creating the models I'm a bit limited as to the subjects available.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Most peculiar. There is no specular or reflective texture being referenced (none exist) and I have given set 5 a modest 35 35 35 ff shine. The shine still persists, dramatically so. I am open to ideas as to what to do next?

00 00 00 00/00 00 00 00/FF FF FF FF/00 00 00 FF/35 35 35 FF/00 00 00 43/00 00 FF FF/FF FF FF FF/FF FF FF FF

Have you tried adding a xxxx_t+sr.dds file so AnKor's shaders knows the reflection information?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Yes, I've found that adding a xxx.+sr.dds with an average RGB value of around 40-50ish with specular levels set at e5 e5 e5 ff / 00 00 00 42 works nicely, or without the extra texture, a specular level of around 15-25 in the m3d does pretty well.

Thank you! The +sr.dds fixed the issue. I am a bit confused by it though. I assumed the +sr.dds was to enable non existent specular/reflective textures not subdue them?

I intended to post this problem on the "Very Interesting" thread but since we are on the subject of these textures:

I'm getting weird echoing/shadowing from what I assume to be an incompatibility of +sr.dds and LOD's. The problem appears when zooming in/out but generally goes away when zooming out. The Beech did not have s.dds or r.dds so I used the +sr.dds method to give it a reflective appearance. At first it would not take, but after enabling reflective textures in the M3D, I managed to get the desired effect (and man, Milton Shupe's photo realistic skin really pops with an r.dds!). Again, hoping smarter minds have some ideas on how to fix this.

Yes, it looks like the reflective layer is not scaling the same way as the texture file when the LOD changes. Check to see if the main texture file has an Alpha layer. I know that can cause unexpected things to happen to some models.

If nothing else works, you could make the _t+sr.dds just an overall grey, rather than having the text patterns with a different brightness. This will at least eliminate the noticeable pattern.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I did some experimenting with Milton's Beech this evening. I was able to turn on the reflective textures, and then add a reference to texture 24 00 for the r values within the existing m3d file for all of the main textures 00 00, 01 00, 02 00, 07 00, and 0A 00. So for example the first entry for the main fuselage looked like:

00 00 FF 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 FF 33 33 33 FF 00 00 7E 43 01 00 FF FF 24 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

The chrome_t.dds just happens to be a uniform dark grey at 14% brightness, so you get a moderately light reflection effect, and the specular highlights are controlled by the shaders based on the _t.dds local texture brightness.

I was also able to use dedicated t.+st.dds files for each _t.dds texture, but you still need to edit the m3d to turn on the reflective textures. So for example the first entry for the main fuselage looked like:

00 00 FF 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 FF 33 33 33 FF 00 00 7E 43 01 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

The big difference between the two methods, other than the ability to create your own custom reflectance files versus reusing one that was already listed in the m3d, is that if you toggle off the shaders with the Num Pad 0 key the first one still looks normal, and the second one will make everything a perfect mirror finish.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 1