Slew mode?

Thread: Slew mode?

Slew mode?

I've literally never used slew mode. In order to help with catapult launch position issues on CA's and CL's , figured could slew into position(if that is how it works?) No matter which keys I assign, slew mode does not work.Any ideas?

I wouldn't know where to begin with the answer. Never had any problems using slew mode with the default key command "Y". Just press "Y" and the sim goes into a pause, at which you can move your AC around horizontally with the joystick -- forward, backwards and sideways. If you have a "twist rudder" stick, you can rotate the heading on the vertical axis as well. Once you get the model where you want it hit the key again to exit slew mode.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

You have to enable the allow slew cheat. Put the following line into your CFS2.cfg

[CHEATS]
    ALLOW_SLEW=1

Now you can use slew at any time.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    You have to enable the allow slew cheat. Put the following line into your CFS2.cfg

[CHEATS]
    ALLOW_SLEW=1

Now you can use slew at any time.
    Does not seem to be a "cheats" section in my CFS2.cfg , hmm

I should have said lines. You need to add both. Also here is the full cheat list. ALLOW_SLEW and free_warp are good for mission testing. 0= cheat off 1= cheat on.

[CHEATS]
    ALLOW_SLEW=1
    oneshot_kill=0
    free_warp=0
    bomb_trainer=0
    damagemsgs=0

I should have said lines. You need to add both. Also here is the full cheat list. ALLOW_SLEW and free_warp are good for mission testing. 0= cheat off 1= cheat on.

[CHEATS]
    ALLOW_SLEW=1
    oneshot_kill=0
    free_warp=0
    bomb_trainer=0
    damagemsgs=0
    Thanks Allen, now I can use slew mode as just texted it and works. What does bomb trainer do? Ensure bombs hit target?

Quote Originally Posted by dasuto247 View Post
    Thanks Allen, now I can use slew mode as just texted it and works. What does bomb trainer do? Ensure bombs hit target?
    So the Canberra is working fine. The Kingfisher is not. I crash as soon as the mission loads up. It does the same in freeflight.

You can line up to the cat by using the throttle. Its not perfect but it works. I use only enough to get it to turn. Once the ship is moving it will turn faster. Its worked for me with the Nisshin and Pete.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Question

oneshot_kill=0
    Sorry to hijack this thread (off-topic about slew), but I have never been able to get this option to function. I enable it (oneshot_kill=1), but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Is this option hardcoded to be disabled in CFS2, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Never tested the oneshot_kill in CFS2. Know it worked in CFS1. Maybe oneshot_kill is just a left over key that dosen't work in CFS2.

Thanks for the info That's what I was thinking as well, a leftover from CFS1.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Dasuto,

You can also use a neat little utility by Bill Povtun called Cfo Weather. Its a dll file you put into your modules folder and allows you to turn the cheats on and off whenever you wish.

You can get it here.

The Cfo-Weather drop-down menu looks like this in the sim. As you can see it allows access to a bunch of sim functions. Among other things the goto allows you to go back and fourth between MB and the Sim. The "free warp" option comes in handy too. As does the save-flight/select-flight function. You can save a flight or mission in progress and come back to it whenever you wish.

WRT the bomb trainer, yes, it shows you the aimpoint for the bomb. It is a little 3D-axis symbol that indicates where a bomb will hit

The slews commands can be operated from the number-pad on the keyboard- most of them any way. The vertical up and down are done using Q (up) and A (down). Pitch up is 9 and pitch down is 0
    The rest are pretty much as follows:

MR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfo=weather-menu.jpg   number-pad-slew-assignments2.jpg   bombtrainer.jpg  
    Last edited by MaskRider; July 27th, 2016 at 08:02.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Library Staff
    Never tested the oneshot_kill in CFS2. Know it worked in CFS1. Maybe oneshot_kill is just a left over key that dosen't work in CFS2.
    It does work in CFS2. Not only does it wipe out all enemy aircraft, but all enemy shipping and ground targets.

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    It does work in CFS2. Not only does it wipe out all enemy aircraft, but all enemy shipping and ground targets.
    oneshot_kill is not the same as CFO's Alien Death Ray...

Library Staff
    Oh! I think I've confused the One Shot Kill with the Alien Death Ray.

One item I do use when testing Rami's missions is the Reset Damage. It's easier than restarting the mission when the flak is too heavy or the enemy tail gunners are extremely accurate with their shooting.

Members who have read this thread: 1