my dad died today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my dad died today

I'm sorry to hear that Dave. We all have to face this eventually but it's not an easy thing to deal with, keep close to your family.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Sending some strength your way Dave.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

My condolences, thoughts and prayers to you and your family, Dave, in your time of loss.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

My condolences Dave.
    I'm sure you'll cope but if you need any support we're all here for you.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

So sad, my condolences to you and your family, Dave. My Dad passed away 7 years ago, we were very close and I miss him terribly.
    Mark

So sorry to hear this Dave. My condolences to you and your family.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Sorry for your loss Dave.

Lisa and I are so sorry for your loss. Proud I got to meet him! Here for you bro!
    Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Sorry to hear about this Dave . My condolences . Lost my Dad nine years ago and my Mom a couple of years before that . There isn't a day that goes by I don't think about them both . The memory of our parents is something we can cherish for the rest of our lives .

Rich

I'm very sorry to hear that, Dave. (I lost my dad on 3/5/12). May God's light and love surround him always.
    Jim
    Jim B.
    R/W Cessna 172 Pilot
    Captain, SWVA, NorCal Hub

My condolences, thoughts and prayers You and Family
    ...Dads are special guys!

We all support you in your grieving, Dave. Many of us have experienced the death of loved ones. Don't be shy about venting here if you need it.

Dick

SOH-CM-2024
    Sorry to hear that, Dave- I'm sure he's resting in a better place now...

-Mike Z.

again,thank you to everyone.ive posted about silly arguments i've had with my dad...some had me wishing i was never born..ya know?..i know he loved me,and i loved him,but i know i didn't like him more than i did like him.and i'm pretty sure he felt the same way about me,he would force me into things i didn't have any want to do (meaning sports,like little league baseball and the like) its things like he didn't want to throw a ball with me so i could improve,yet he would say things like,you can't be my son,my son would have been a natural at this,,these things being said to me in front of my entire team and and most of the parents,yet when i started racing and i was being told by complete strangers..damn kid,you're a natural driver,you'll go far in this sport,my dad never once told me he felt i was good at it,or complimented me for wins ,instead he would pick at me all day on monday about how i did this or that wrong,id ask him what i should have done then and he would say things like..well car racing is just a waste of gas and money,so i should stop..let people with talent do it.he thought racing was stupid ,ok i said that,but once my childhood friend Allen went to work for JGR,and began to build Kyle Busch's truck and Busch series engines (this was just before the TRD took over)suddenly dad was a huge race fan and Kyle Busch could do no wrong in his eyes.when Junie Dunlevy called me (ok it was his people) dad told me i wasn't good enough to race at those levels and he "forbid" me to go..he said he would have to be the one supporting me financially..well he wasn't going to do it,he didn't want to throw good money at a losing (loser) proposition..yes he said these things to me.and much more.when i was 15,the high school ROP program offered me a opportunity to go to work as an apprentice with the Teichert construction company out of Sacramento,it was for heavy equipment operations,which is another thing dad knew i was fascinated by and wanted to do badly. the day after i turned 16 i would start with them,which was in july,and then id work after school in winter ect,when i was 18 and if id have completed the training,i would have a guaranteed job with teichert as a journeyman heavy equipment operator,which would have also helped me to apply with CDF as an HFEO.which was something i wanted to do even as a small child,even today i want to do it..lol..i have a friend named Andy who is an HFEO with Cal Fire ,i met him when we were competitors in racing..this was the old hobby stock days and we've remained friends all this time..mater of fact,my current friends i talk to regularly are all ex competitors,save one,,Kenny "Digger" Hash..who is a nieghbor,hes in love with a gal i grew up with..lol..they live in her parents home three door up from me.so i see Kenny all the time..kinda funny..ill be across the street and up some..and ill hear "DAVEY"..ill just yell back "KENNY" and were good for awhile..lol....funny though,ill talk to other nieghbors and say kennys name and theyre like..who??..oh digger...lol..no one knows him as kenny..

back to my rant...the reason i woke angry today is that yesterday a childhood friend had come over,mom and i had been visiting with her when my sister came over,suddenly kellie (my sister) started telling Lori that i was just a waist of life,that i just sit on my ass and do nothing by make my mom do everything for me,which isnt true and never has been,she was extremely rude and mean,ofcourse i reacted with anger,mom started to cry and left the room,so i stopped ,but my sister kept it up for over an hour..and then mom and i were havin nice visits with moms friends and a family that lived near us for 30 years or so was here and we were all visiting nicely and having a good relaxing time,kellie came in and was just a total bitch to me again..infront of everyone again..about a year ago,she was mad at me because a few weeks earlier..i had interrupted her when she was talking,thing is,she never shuts up,and talks at a yelling level all the time..she will say things to completely offend others and the like,she says she just speaks her mind..but she has no off button,she will tell complete strangers how to live their lives and what they should or shouldn't do.well last night id had enough,and i left the house and came home...then she followed me out here and cussed me for about ten minutes before mom came out and told her to shutup and leave,so now shes mad at mom...she made a comment yesterday to someone she doesnt know..one of moms old school mates..that mom and i dont care that "my daddys dead"...i heard that and decided that with her mental issues,id would fight with her any more...just walk away..which is what id done..but she followed me,she was telling me that he wasnt my father,he was her daddy...so i know shes in a manic state,but he husband is being rude with me now as well...

well i just feel stuck again...nothing i do or say to anyone (but mom) is right,even my niece inlaw was on my case..and its all because kellie keeps telling everyone i did nothing to help dad or mom when theyve been sick..which is bs....

Dave, I always read everything you write. I'll confess that it is sometimes difficult, but I press onwards nonetheless. I am very sorry to read of your dad's passing. It's always difficult to loose someone you love, no matter how sometimes fractious that love may have been.

If there's anything for which I am grateful, it's that I've now outlived everyone in my life I've ever been close to, so will never again have to experience the anguish of loss. I have to be grateful for this and call it a blessing, as the alternative would otherwise be horribly depressing...

In any case, know that my prayers are with and for you and your family.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    well i just feel stuck again
    Dave, I can only share from my own experience, I look back on my dad and can get angry at some of the things he did and but I rationalize it with the fact that we are all human and have our failings. He did things that I avoid doing at all costs, knowing all the time that I am making my own mistakes. Life can make us less than the person we wish we were. I hope you find peace with that.

Regarding everyone else, take care of your mom, particularly at a time like this and what others are saying is just noise. Even the tightest of families can find conflict at a time like this. Hurt that is inside is trying to find a release and unfortunately it can irrationally target the ones we are close to.

I once thought the pain of losing my father would never heal. I came to realize that after a long time had passed that I thought of him and felt I owed it to him to feel pain when doing so. I was able to come to the realization that I was not honoring him or helping myself by doing so. Now I remember the good times, I forgive the bad times and try to learn from them.
    I eventually came to a place where I could look back but not stare.

That is my experience for what it is worth, I hope you can find something useful in it, For now though, know that the emotional turmoil will pass. I wish you luck in riding it out and finding peace.
    JB

Sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, Dave. I lost my Dad early in my young adult life and I think of him often the older I get. Will include you in our prayers.

Odie

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Dave, I always read everything you write. I'll confess that it is sometimes difficult, but I press onwards nonetheless.
    N4,thank you..that made me laugh outloud,i know i wander and mumble along..i do it in person too..but thanks to you and everyone here at the SOH for allowing me to vent...and for all of you for your compassion for others..makes me proud ,and humble to be allowed to call you all friend.thank you.

oh,and i spoke to Bud Anderson last night,was hoping he was going to be here for the celebration of life,but he wont be home from Oshkosh until the day after...shoot..

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    So sorry to hear of your dad's passing Dave. My condolences to you and your family. I lost my dad 6 years back and I still find myself reaching for the phone. Think back on the good times.
    MickeyD

Unhappy

Dave,
    Prayer sent out for healing for you and your family.....

Members who have read this thread: 0