Fords!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fords!

Fords!

I just uploaded a couple of repaints for the Virtavia F4D Skyray to the Warbirds Library here.

#314 of VF-213 circa 1958 onboard the USS Lexington (CVA-16). This is a set of replacement textures for the original Virtavia ones and is the one I'll be flying in Vietnam Jet race event we have going on right now. (It's a Lexington crew member thing)

4674 of the US Naval Test Pilot School in the 1960s. What can I say, I like colorful. (Oops, just realised my pic is of it during testing. I've got it set up in the download file for a clean (no tanks or missles) configuration)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg   ntps.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

SOH-CM-2023
    Great work, Willy. I'll take all you want to upload !!

Love the paints Willy! I use my Ford in DX10 and the afterburner effects don't work. Anyone have a suggestion? They are in the effects file.

I've never flown the thing, but if the default F/A-18 has an afterburner effect, I'd try that.

I have a fine AB working - but no pylon textures for the sidewinders.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

. . which I have easily corrected.

Willy- really nice paint - thanks for sharing it here.

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I switched in the AB effects from the ALPHA F-105. Seems to work. Thanks all for the advise. sem

Started on a NATC Ford (very colorful) but it's going slow as at the same time, I'm reworking some of the VC bits. Here's a work in progress on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-jul-12-001.jpg   Flt 19-2016-jul-12-002.jpg   Flt 19-2016-jul-12-003.jpg  

First textures inspection on Bu No 130743 of NATC. Got a few mistakes, considering darkening the fuselage a bit, paint the pylons and something is gonna have to be done about those walkways. I thought I had them dark enough and wasn't expecting that brownish tint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-jul-13-001.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Anything NATC, NACA, or NASA has my attention. Doubly so on a Skyray (or Skylancer!)

Looking forward to these, Willy!

dl

Just picked up this guy in anticipation of your paints. Looking forward to them, as I love some colorful birds!

The Skylancer is available here.

Dave

Dave, thanks for the link to the F5D, downloading it now.

I just uploaded the NATC Ford. I've had some real life issues going on that slowed me down along with some collaboration on another aircraft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg   Flt 19-2016-jul-22-004.jpg   Flt 19-2016-jul-22-003.jpg   Flt 19-2016-jul-22-001.jpg  

Started this one this morning after I posted the NATC one and somehow managed to finish it and upload it today as well. Bu No 130747 at Naval Weapons Center China Lake. I couldn't find much on this one other that a couple of pics of it at China Lake and that it was w/o in 1962.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-jul-22-001.jpg   Flt 19-2016-jul-22-002.jpg   Flt 19-2016-jul-22-003.jpg   Flt 19-2016-jul-22-004.jpg  

Currently undergoing QC checks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-jul-23-058.jpg  

Just uploaded the VF-162 Ford to the Warbirds Library here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  

Nice work - thanks Willy!

I found some "what if" paints for the Virtavia Ford at Flight Sim a while back. Argentinian, Israeli, German Navy, RAF. Interesting stuff to think about.

I've got two "what ifs" in the paint hanger at the moment. One Ford actually got a FAA N-number (N4263) after it's Navy service, but as it belonged to a technical college, I doubt it ever flew in "civvies". It's back in uniform now in a museum in Colorado. But I'm thinking a what if civilian paint scheme using that N-number could be nicely done (as well as one in uniform as none from that squadron have been done yet).

And as for the other, all I'll say at the moment is that I had a time yesterday trying to find the best match for the blue paint the Blue Angels use. If the Ford hadn't been so long in development, who knows what could have happened?

Got a few more real life paint schemes waiting in line as well. Too bad when they did made it that AlphaSim/Virtavia didn't make use of specular textures on it. And alpha layers don't appear to do much for the paints either. I'd really like to have that blue one get a real glossy paint scheme (and N4263).

One I've been sitting on for over a year. Will redo it once I've finished my paint kit for it...too many projects!!!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Now that looks sharp!

I know very well how that too many projects thing works! lol I've got a bad case of it going on here. F-80s, Fords and a bunch of Lodestars I need to get back to. Plus looking at some possible F5D Skylancer what ifs as well.

Willy, man! You really got the FORD thing going on! Nice stuff. Thanks for putting them up.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Latest work in progress. So far this one hasn't turned out to be as easy as I'd thought it would be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-jul-27-005.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    One I've been sitting on for over a year. Will redo it once I've finished my paint kit for it...too many projects!!!

Oh heck yes!!

I own Frankel's book "Killer Rays" which I consider one of the best resource books out there on the F4D and F5D - every single scheme worn by either plane is depicted.

If you or Willy needs any ref material - please just ask. Out of all the deltas I love (hence the handle), these are my favourite American deltas.

Cheers,

DL

Members who have read this thread: 0