Trinidad TB-21 GT from Lionheart with military variants - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trinidad TB-21 GT from Lionheart with military variants

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    There is no MP gauge. According to specs from the actual aircraft, it is handled electronically. I understand none of that, just relating what Bill told me when I asked about the same thing.
    I checked a new gauge for Bill yesterday. The orange digital gauge has been replaced with an analog gauge that reads both fuel flow and manifold pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Before buying it a couple of days ago I emailed Bill Ortis to verify his DX10 disclaimer. He's correct, it does not work in FSX with DX10 - not only terrible glass distortion but really sick performance. Simply switching to DX9 on Steve's Fixer panel eliminates the distortion and performance becomes as advertised.
    Interesting. I helped test the aircraft in FSX, FSX-SE, and P3Dv3 on a Win 8.1 system with DX11. It worked fine.

Several similar complaints from FSX/DX10 users on the "Steve's Fixer Forum" at Avsim. Steve has stated he'd be glad to help if Bill will give him access.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I checked a new gauge for Bill yesterday. The orange digital gauge has been replaced with an analog gauge that reads both fuel flow and manifold pressure.
    The original gauge was a digital EGT/CHT gauge - there was no manifold pressure gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Yep, I also tested it.

It's reassuring to have the gauge and know how much you're asking of your engine.

Just bought this on sale. The installer wants to overwrite 'one or more write protected files' in FSX and does not identify which specific files.
    Anyone have an idea what these are?

This message in an fsx installer always makes me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    Just bought this on sale. The installer wants to overwrite 'one or more write protected files' in FSX and does not identify which specific files.
    Anyone have an idea what these are?

This message in an fsx installer always makes me nervous.
    Sale? Found it....

Not the same quality (on screenies) like detiled JF model (JF did TB-10/20 also) but nice found of nice sale (15$):
    http://www.fspilotshop.com/lionheart...3d-p-6246.html

btw.
    You can install it in the "new folder" on desktop for example and check this files.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes Yoyo, this is what I'd normally do in such circumstances but too late; due to my lapse of attention I pressed 'ok' instead of 'cancel' in the installer and it completed the install before I could stop it.

No idea what copy protected files it has overwritten in my fsx, nor why it would need to do this in the first place.

Due to my lack of attention I just bought it, again! Paid less than half what I did when originally purchased, using the link from YoYo. But, I got the updated version this time. Will be glad when my flying rig is back up and running! Had Bill's original FS9 version, and really liked it. This one should be much better.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

My accountant, a former Navy/NASA pilot, recommended this plane to me. How about a Heads-Up on this thread if it goes on sale again?

Thanks!
    Obie

Obie..

Just Flight have a 40% off sale on all Lionheart products for one week only.
    ATB
    DaveB

The Trinidad doesn't appear to be included in the Just Flight (Lionheart) sale.
    In fact it looks like JF don't list the Lionheart Trinidad at all, sale or no (which perhaps shouldn't come as too much of a surprise if they have one of their own!)

On reflection.. that would make sense. Sri Obie

ATB
    DaveB

For those using FSX/DX10, on the Avsim "DX10 Fixer" forum Steve received a GT21 copy from Bill Ortis and produced a fix for the bad windshield and side glass textures. http://www.avsim.com/topic/491523-ne...2#entry3481816

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    For those using FSX/DX10, on the Avsim "DX10 Fixer" forum Steve received a GT21 copy from Bill Ortis and produced a fix for the bad windshield and side glass textures. http://www.avsim.com/topic/491523-ne...2#entry3481816
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Members who have read this thread: 0