OT: speaking as a man...

Thread: OT: speaking as a man...

Cool OT: speaking as a man...

...I am often surprised about myself, about how childish, boyish and "unadult" my hobbies, my interests, passions and outlook on life are sometimes. Like stuck with the mind of a 12 year old. Thatīs my way of coping with the daily drag. Being a real basket case sometimes:whistle:

BUT thereīs something that really knocks me off my feet: how effortlessly Mrs Grunau manages to outperform me on my top level weirdo addictions!!!:faint:

Just out off nothing she wanted to get herself something nice, to really chear her up. Well in about a week we will get THIS baby (similar)!!! She simply bought it!!! And I am a tad bit jaleous....(she wonīt let me drive...aaaarghh)

Regards
    Alex

PS: things could be worse, she could have bought a VW instead
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Lucky person!!

That looks like one fun little car to drive Alex!

:ernae:

I'll bet she really enjoys it.

What does it have for a powerplant?

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

She went for the small Fire 1.2L with 69 horses. Nice for cruising, very revy up to 85mph, but lame on higher speeds (which she does not need). Personally I do prefer my 100 horses on much less weight actually.

But the car is very economic with that engine and has a CO2 emission that will give it some taxfree years in advance!!! Vehicle taxes will be mainly based on emision here from this year on and the emissions are below the minimum = not taxed at all!

The build quality is outstanding (I did the testride for her, cause I know what she prefers to drive), very fun and puts a smile on your face whenever you see it. Stunning little thing! Fiat wasnīt able to sync the production with the surprsising demand, so we werenīt able to get one for almost a year. They were sold out before they even arrived at the dealers. A future classic car!

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by grunau_baby View Post
    ...I am often surprised about myself, about how childish, boyish and "unadult" my hobbies, my interests, passions and outlook on life are sometimes. Like stuck with the mind of a 12 year old. Thatīs my way of coping with the daily drag. Being a real basket case sometimes:whistle:

BUT thereīs something that really knocks me off my feet: how effortlessly Mrs Grunau manages to outperform me on my top level weirdo addictions!!!:faint:

Just out off nothing she wanted to get herself something nice, to really chear her up. Well in about a week we will get THIS baby (similar)!!! She simply bought it!!! And I am a tad bit jaleous....(she wonīt let me drive...aaaarghh)

Regards
    Alex

PS: things could be worse, she could have bought a VW instead

You're not alone, Alex ! My wife says I'm 53 going on 12 ! It's a great age to be.....

The car in your post looks like it would be able to zip around pretty handily!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

It's a great age to be.....
    The body is born young and gets older - thatīs the tragedy of live!
    The mind is born old and gets younger - thatīs the comedy of life!
    The fine thing is I once thought itīd get better, Iīd get wiser, but no... fortunately it gets worse

I know about the staying a kid at heart. I don't recognize that old guy in the mirror at all. Still occasionally wonder about my sanity for starting to mess with horses at my age.

Nice looking car Alex. Maybe once the deal with Fiat and Chrysler gets into full swing we'll start seeing similar ones over here.

BTW, what's up with VW nowdays? They seem to have gotten away from their roots of providing a good inexpensive car. I miss my old Rabbit Diesel.

I like the looks of that car, but alas, my Rottweiler won't fit in it, so no way!

Chief

Nice looking car Alex. Maybe once the deal with Fiat and Chrysler gets into full swing we'll start seeing similar ones over here.
    If the deal is going on this car will most probably be build in the U.S. and will be sold there, too! I think the same about VW, I had a few very reliable (but also very unsexy;-) VW Golfs in the past, but those VW cars get bigger and bigger and completely inaffordable and they offer mediocre styling and driving today IMHO...

...my Rottweiler won't fit in it, so no way!
    My dachshould will fit in nicely!

Alex

One of the problems I see over here is that the vast majority of the cars sold in this country are full of what I feel to be un-needed options. I haven't seen a new one that's just basic transportation in years. I don't need or particuarily want power windows and mirrors. Or a heated leather seat. Just more stuff to break and have to fix later on.

Part of the problem is that for what few options I do want on one (mainly airconditioning and a decent sound system), they're usually part of a package that requires a pile of others I don't want and you can no longer order one just the way you want it. It's all about those option packages today.

[/rant] :d

I think all three of our Minature Pinschers will fit in one of those quite nicely. Maybe even can pull it with one of the horses if necessary :costumes:

Edit: Just looking at that Fiat again and for some reason I keep thinking of an old Renault Dauphine that they sold over here around 1960 or so.

Oh, I do have to say the heated seat in my HHR panel is nice to have on these cold days. Stereo system isn't fantastic, but fine by my standards. Especially the mp3 plugin jack. Very handy.

Chief

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Well you know what they say Alex: You get old once you stop playing! :d

I'm not much of a Fiat guy myself, though I might get the new Ford Ka in a few years, which is of course based on the same platform as the Fiat 500. Same engine too.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Oh, and speaking of Italian cars: I think I will have to rob a bank soon, before this one is sold out! --> http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?p=105260

:d
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Shucks NC, my Min Pins could play a nice game of tag in the back of that! :d

Actually the Chevy HHR is one of the few new ones I'd like to have. I just hate the thought of making car payments again now that we finally got the truck paid off.

I understand the desire NOT to have car payments. I don't drive much at all, but my wife makes up for the both of us. She's constantly on the move. Not me.

NC

Happiness Consultant
    There is no doubt that our tastes in cars differs greatly. Sorry.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    There is no doubt that our tastes in cars differs greatly. Sorry.
    That's why there's different types to choose from!

NC

Well, I think for the automotive industry itīs much better to have a variety in tasts. Roads would be rather boring otherwise.

Willy, one of the reasons for my wife to go for the car was the fact it is a basic version with no redundancies. Only thing added is a non-automatic climate controle, which is enough if you donīt live in a desert.

Alex

Alex, all I have to say it the car is cute, but the lovely lady in the Advar is beautiful!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Cool

Alex, Sofie collected her new vehicle on Friday, which she 'might consider' letting me drive on 'special' outings.
    She did her own 'shopping' for this one as well.
    BMW 135I .........:faint:...................very nice in Pearl White I must say.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I still want my Honda Fit sport (Jazz)!

In the '09 model They bumped up the horse power a bit, and added a positionable steering wheel without very much weight gain. (35lbs I think?)
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Pearl White
    I love white cars, too. My first ever car was white (well grey most of the time, cause I never cleaned it;-). But Mrs grunau went for a black one, she loves black vehicles and since red is her second favourite color the inside (seats) is fire engine red. But I will drive it, too We will share our cars!

Alex