Golden Age

Thread: Golden Age

Golden Age

I am looking for airplanes of the Golden Age Sim at the PCAviator sale. I am not familiar with their products at all. What are they like? Which of them are the best ones (if any)?

If I was you I would only get 'Aeronca C3' and 'Lockheed Model 12' thats it in fairness rest are not very good quality

Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    I am looking for airplanes of the Golden Age Sim at the PCAviator sale. I am not familiar with their products at all. What are they like? Which of them are the best ones (if any)?
    If you are a fan of vintage aircraft these are top-notch. The very early models are quite basic as they were developed for FS9 but more recent offerings are for FSX and P3D. There are too many models to detail individually but my own favourites are the Ryan PT-22 and ST, and the Pitcairn autogiros. I also love the two Waco packages, although these were FS9 models. Here's a few pointers:

Wacos
    Ryan PT-22
    Ryan ST-A
    Pitcairn autogiros
    Last edited by MarkH; June 30th, 2016 at 23:20.
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

SOH-CM-2022
    I have the Pitcairn Autogyro.

It is a wonderful craft if you want to go low and slow (very slow).

It may not be "Accusim" but then it was a very simple aircraft to begin with.

Gavin

Blog Entries
    I became a fan of GAS with their Stearmans. I can still remember the time I decided to try a dead stick landing. I cut the engine and could hear the singing of the wires. I used their singing to judge airspeed and make a good emergency landing. Their plans fly well and are faithful to the originals.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

If I was really interested in flying in the golden age, I'd crank up FS9 and Golden Wings 3. There's a ton of free scenery available at The Old Hangar and the Ford Project not to mention Flightsim and Avsim. And lots of very nice period aircraft available.

Kiki - I have all of their aircraft and fly them often. As mentioned some were originally built for FS9. Most of the recent releases were built exclusively for FSX. All are well modeled and with believable flight models. My favorites lately have been the Monocoupes and the recently released Davis. I'm also a big fan of the Stampe and the Great Lakes biplanes. If you are looking for something that is slow and fun to throw about the sky I don't think you can go wrong with their aircraft.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by katonic View Post
    Kiki - I have all of their aircraft and fly them often. As mentioned some were originally built for FS9. Most of the recent releases were built exclusively for FSX. All are well modeled and with believable flight models. My favorites lately have been the Monocoupes and the recently released Davis. I'm also a big fan of the Stampe and the Great Lakes biplanes. If you are looking for something that is slow and fun to throw about the sky I don't think you can go wrong with their aircraft.

Chris
    all GAS are on sale at Simmmarket right now!
    http://secure.simmarket.com/advanced...ge+simulations
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

GAS the place to Find FINE VINTAGE PLANES...NONE BETTER..The BOYS there KNOW HOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by napacon View Post
    GAS the place to Find FINE VINTAGE PLANES...NONE BETTER..The BOYS there KNOW HOW!!
    July marks the 10th Anniversary of Golden Age Simulations. To celebrate we've arranged with our vendors to offer 50% for the month on all our products. The discount is not available on our webpage so if interested please use one of our commercial partners.

Happy Anniversary GAS! I think I'll fly the Monocoupe (Short wing) in your honor this weekend. Thanks for the huge discount as well. If any of you have been waiting on the fence to buy one of their planes now is the time.

rest are not very good quality
    I think that's a bit harsh. I'm very fond of the DH60 Moth myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3D_013.jpg  
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Congratulations on the 10th Anniversary!!! Hope more 10 comes with very nice products!!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by eagleye100 View Post
    If I was you I would only get 'Aeronca C3' and 'Lockheed Model 12' thats it in fairness rest are not very good quality
    Respectfully disagree... Stampe, Pitcairn autogyro and Mail plane packs, Great Lakes packs, Ryan Recruit, Travel Air packs, Mystery Ship racer, Stearman, on and on - some with additional airfield scenery and ALL are well executed and accurate models. There are far more in their catalog so, go see for yourself.
    There is no denying that a developers work gets better as the artists acquire more skill given time.
    Golden Age Simulations has been at this work now for ten years and counting. THAT is impressive in this business. Happy Birthday GAS - congrats on your 10th anniversary!
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Happy Birthday GAS
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Congrats, GAS - I love your stuff and fly many of them regularly!

Best,
    Michael

Members who have read this thread: 0