What aircraft is the most comprehensively modeled available.

Thread: What aircraft is the most comprehensively modeled available.

What aircraft is the most comprehensively modeled available.

In looking at the FCS Lancaster I started wondering why more wasn't modeled. Don't misunderstand I think the
    external model looks great but as I've been playing with the new Mosquito I found myself wanting to dig deeper
    into the aircraft systems and explore more of the aircraft. To be able to checkout from nose to tail.....

You have to wonder at what point as a developer does one say we can only go so far and not completely model the entire aircraft.
    It would be too expensive and only a few die hards would root around checking everything out....?
    I checked out the JF Lanc product as the secondary engineering, radio and navigation stations caught my interest. Then I dug out my
    WOP Heavy Bombers Lanc and was surprised at the 2D panel detail of electrical and engineering gauges. I know I'll grab the good bits
    and add them too a superlative model so I can have the "option" of checking out as much as I can which leads me too the title.

What aircraft have you found that offers you the level of detail and gives you the greatest satisfaction..?

(I too have been greatly satisfied by the recent Mallards and pictures of Jan's C-47 VC are unbelievable)

If you like your planes with propellers, something from A2A would probably suit you. They have GA aircraft, WWII-era warbirds, including a B-17, and a recently-updated and highly detailed Boeing 337 Stratocruiser. Oh, and a Constellation coming soon.

Since I'm mostly into single-engine, I can't report directly on the two Boeings. I can tell you that for detail and immersion, there's nothing better out there.

As Ratty said, A2A has you covered there with their Accusim line. So does PMDG if you like flying large airliners. There is the Majestic Software Q400, the VRS Super Hornet, Milviz products are somewhat in depth, as are Sim Skunk Works latest work.

Having said that Warbridsims P-51s are my favorite P-51s simply because of their detail and range of variants. John is also working on a P-39 now as well. Also, the RealAir Spitfire is nice, too.

I agree, you can't go wrong with anything from A2A.

I tend to feel exactely the same frustration you described in the original post with some models.
    Once you get familiar with a plane and you want to explore the cockpit features a bit more, it's very frustrating to hit the modelling limits (non-functioning buttons, not clickable stuff, gauges that won't work properly, real life constraints that are not modelled, for engine management for example, etc...).
    As said above, the A2A B-17 with its Accusim expansion pack will bring you exactly what you are looking for, plus many more cool features you are not expecting (yet). It will be the perfect "alternative" to your FCS Lancaster.

When you want to fly the bad-boys, I can recommend the Classics Hangars aircraft. The Bf108 is an excellent example of early GA, you will find a cockpit with vintage instruments, but also fully working modern versions. FW190 was a very advanced aircraft with many automated functions, like auto mixture and auto pitch. All these systems are fully functional in the models and like in the real thing you can also override them when you think you know it better than the early computer does .

Also like the real thing, the engine will stop working when you don't fly it according the book. Especially the earlier models are a challenge to fly. (A small hint: Don't try to take off with a cold engine!)

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    When you want to fly the bad-boys, I can recommend the Classics Hangars aircraft. The Bf108 is an excellent example of early GA, you will find a cockpit with vintage instruments, but also fully working modern versions. FW190 was a very advanced aircraft with many automated functions, like auto mixture and auto pitch. All these systems are fully functional in the models and like in the real thing you can also override them when you think you know it better than the early computer does .

Also like the real thing, the engine will stop working when you don't fly it according the book. Especially the earlier models are a challenge to fly. (A small hint: Don't try to take off with a cold engine!)

Cheers,
    Huub
    Anybody who owns a carbureted motorcycle does not need that hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post
    Anybody who owns a carbureted motorcycle does not need that hint.
    Even with electronic fuel injection it's still a good idea just to get the oil up to temperature.

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

When you like classic jets: https://simulations.bookmark.se/

And its in the same price range as the one Bjoern refers to.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0