ACMAN has stopped working.

Thread: ACMAN has stopped working.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22 ACMAN has stopped working.

Hi Guys,

I was fooling around with CFS2's parent directory name and when I put everything back the way it was originally ACMAN would no longer open up. To be more precise it opens up just for the very briefest instant. During the brief instant it recreates the empty hangars that I have already deleted. Makes me think that there must some sort of ACMAN ini file tucked away someplace that tells it what its last set-up was. Does any one know if this is the case so I can find it and delete it and hopefully restore ACMAN functionality?

Thanks!
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Acman

Hi MR

The only thing I can suggest is copy ACMAN.exe to somewhere neutral like Docs ( completely outside CFS2 ) then delete ACMAN.exe from CFS2 then switch off. Switch on again and copy ACMAN.exe from Docs to CFS2. If that doesn't work delete it and install new one from Martin Wright's site

http://www.mwgfx.co.uk

hope this helps

baldy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baldy's stuff at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=480&sort=d

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by baldy View Post
    Hi MR

The only thing I can suggest is copy ACMAN.exe to somewhere neutral like Docs ( completely outside CFS2 ) then delete ACMAN.exe from CFS2 then switch off. Switch on again and copy ACMAN.exe from Docs to CFS2. If that doesn't work delete it and install new one from Martin Wright's site

http://www.mwgfx.co.uk

hope this helps

baldy
    Thanks Baldy.

I had tried everything you suggested including downloading a new version of the file from Martin's website. Still no joy.

However, after reading your post I decided to give it one more college try and in the process re-read the ACMan.txt file included with the download. Near the bottom of this file:

ACMan will work with all standard FS versions. The registry
    storage of program data is keyed to the program name so if you
    wish to have more than 1 copy of ACMan installed then you must
    rename the EXE for each copy (eg ACManFS2000.exe) so that each
    will have its own independant data stored.
    Doh!

So, I renamed ACMan.exe -> ACMan_CFS2.exe and the problem is solved.

Though I'll need to re-create the Hangars/folder set up.

Somehow during the process of re-naming and un-re-naming the parent directory the inner workings of this "registry storage of program data" for ACMan.exe got hosed up.

I wonder if there is a way to locate and have a look at this "registry storage of program data"? Just for the heck of it?

Anyhow, its working again.

Cheers,
    MR
    Last edited by MaskRider; June 30th, 2016 at 16:15.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Acman

I believe the expression is 'Go figure'

baldy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baldy's stuff at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=480&sort=d

Yup, Pretty much...
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    ...I wonder if there is a way to locate and have a look at this "registry storage of program data"? Just for the heck of it?...
    Yes there is. If you use ACMAN in multiple installs, each one has a unique folder structure in effect. The setups of each ACMAN install along with their respective hangar folder structures are stored in the registry. Whatever program you use to access the registry, all ACMAN installs will be found at the address HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MW. After you've found them, you can right click on any install and elect to export in the menu. You will be prompted to save the key in a *.reg file to any location you choose. In the future, if any major changes are made to your CFS2 installs or re-installations are required that necessitate restoring any ACMAN setups, double clicking the saved reg files will restore the hangar folder structures and all.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Yes there is. If you use ACMAN in multiple installs, each one has a unique folder structure in effect. The setups of each ACMAN install along with their respective hangar folder structures are stored in the registry. Whatever program you use to access the registry, all ACMAN installs will be found at the address HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MW. After you've found them, you can right click on any install and elect to export in the menu. You will be prompted to save the key in a *.reg file to any location you choose. In the future, if any major changes are made to your CFS2 installs or re-installations are required that necessitate restoring any ACMAN setups, double clicking the saved reg files will restore the hangar folder structures and all.
    Bearcat241, you're a treasure!

Thanks.
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

You're welcome MR.

FYI bearcat241,

Using JV16 Power Tools I did a search on HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MW. Found it. Then went into the registry editor via JV16 Power Tools and deleted the old HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MW\ACMan entry- just to tidy things up.

Took note of all the options available, such as the export option you mentioned.

Again, thanks for the help
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Yeah, and the next time you use it and make any mods to the current setup, a new registry key will be auto-created with the updates.

Members who have read this thread: 0