A MS Paint Cut and Paste...

Thread: A MS Paint Cut and Paste...

Icon2 A MS Paint Cut and Paste...

....repaint. I decided to post a screen capture of a repaint of the C-123 that I did for my own personal use. I don't plan to upload it anywhere. I'm posting it hopefully to encourage others to take a stab at repainting an airplane if there is a paint scheme that you really want and requests for repaints are declined by others.

As I said, hopefully this will help to encourage some of you'll. Believe me if I can do it, anyone can. I have to use MS Paint as it's the only paint program that I have.
    It is very time consuming as I had to do a lot of the painting one pixel at a time around the national insignia and such. But, it's exactly what I wanted.

RD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails metalusaf.jpg  

Bravo! Can't remember when Paint last appeared on the radar...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Very nice job, the C-123 is one of my favorite aircraft.

Good stuff Randy, ive try'd that myself a few times on paints for my own use and its very satisfying, incidentally, if you like flying the ZH 123 in FSX, there's lot of paints by Mick and SteveB in the FS9 library that work just fine in FSX.

cheers ian

Icon2

Thanks Hairy, Falcon, and Ian. Ian I'll take a look at those repaints. Thanks for the HU.

RD

UPDATE: Ian, I downloaded a couple of those repaints. They work fine in FSX with only swapping out the prop disc texture.
    Thanks again.

RD

Before I'm done with this thread, I just want to say what a great aircraft the "Provider" is. Sure it's dated somewhat but, I still think it has really good modeling and flies great.

Thanks to all who had a part in its being made available for FSX.

RD

Well done, we can never have enough painters (although the people who charge for paints will disagree)

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Well done, we can never have enough painters (although the people who charge for paints will disagree)
    Thanks jeansy. For me the satisfaction of seeing the "finished" product makes the effort all worthwhile.

I really wish that other people would at least try to do some basic repaints. The same thing goes for scenery design. Over a period of years, I've gotten fairly good at scenery enhancement even making my own scenery objects. That too was born out a desire for sceneries that I never would have had the pleasure of flying into and out of if I had waited for someone else to do them. They are unique to my area of flying enjoyment.

I've stated this before but, I'll repeat it. These efforts also give me a greater appreciation for the talents and efforts of all the other good folks here who share their work with others. I've shared lots of my scenery work here at the Outhouse. Who knows maybe one day I might even risk sharing something that I've painted.

I also better understand that while a person "can" do scenery or repaints, that doesn't mean that they are "willing" to do "special" requests for someone unless they have an interest in the project.

End of essay.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Thanks jeansy. For me the satisfaction of seeing the "finished" product makes the effort all worthwhile.

I also better understand that while a person "can" do scenery or repaints, that doesn't mean that they are "willing" to do "special" requests for someone unless they have an interest in the project.

RD
    exactly, i get at least 1-2 requests from various sites a day, most are for things I dont have and things to be honestly I cant really see myself wasting my time doing, a lot of people get offended when you decline their requests, or simply bombard you with new requests. These days I rather ignore requests that dont interest me than spend my short periods at home responding to persistent or pissed off people who want a paint or paints done for them overnight.

Same goes for modelling ... although that takes a lot longer to learn and do! It's fun though.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

The more painters out there, the merrier. Although I think that MSPaint is not the best tool for the job.

And never hold out your hand to the zombie horde. It will get bitten off, along with the arm, torso and rest of your body.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Same goes for modelling ... although that takes a lot longer to learn and do! It's fun though.
    The fun ends once the first "UVW Unwrap" modifier is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    ...The fun ends once the first "UVW Unwrap" modifier is involved.
    You old cynic, lol!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    You old cynic, lol!
    Don't get me started on any post-UVW activities either. Creating textures from scratch is [langest curse in history].

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Don't get me started on any post-UVW activities either. Creating textures from scratch is [langest curse in history].
    Some of us are masochistic.

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

Members who have read this thread: 0