Keyboard Assignments - Naming Convention

Thread: Keyboard Assignments - Naming Convention

Keyboard Assignments - Naming Convention

Dear SOH Community,

I am struggling trying to find the "name" of the two commands that allow you to cycle through your weapons (bombs / rockets) and then select and release?

If it is possible, please post how the commands are worded when you are scrolling down all of the options so that I might check it out.

I have not changed too many of the keyboard assignments, but the options that I have set for what I believe are the correct commands are not working.\

As always, thank you so much for your time and for your help.

Sincerely,

KC

Dataman
    Looking at the manual I found "cycle through weapons type" command is backspace Hope it's what you're looking for.Check in the games under weapons command and it's "cycle ordinance selection"

Thank you rwatson and I will check this later today when I am at home!

Edit:
    By any chance, what is the command called for dropping ordinance and the default command?
    Last edited by Dataman; June 30th, 2016 at 06:28. Reason: Additional questioning

DM
    Looks like enter or if you map it to your stick,can be trigger,,Better yet when you get to the screen where you pick type of mission Quick combat ,,free flight ,,etc look down in the lower left and click the settings button and controler assignments are there,,Also in a flight F2 list commands and F1 is a sort of manual,,If you have a joystick you can re assign the commands..Good luck also go to the downloads section here,,Fine stuff there

Thanks and I will try it out on Quick Combat!

"Cycle Ordnance Selection" is set to Backspace by default using CFS2 keyboard and "Release Selected Ordnance" is set to Enter by default using CFS2 keyboard.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

"F2" key will bring up the reference card. You can also hit "F1" for help. although you may have to add a .dll to get that feature to work in Win7, Win8 and Win10...
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Thank you BloodHawk ..... As I changed a few assignments, I did try that but realized I would have to reset all values back to default to have it work.

Mind you I can do it and then re-assign, but I have become too comfortable right now instinctively knowing where assignments are mapped and hence slightly lazy.

Just open up SETTINGS and you can reassign each control on it's own

Quote Originally Posted by Dataman View Post
    Thank you BloodHawk ..... As I changed a few assignments, I did try that but realized I would have to reset all values back to default to have it work.

Mind you I can do it and then re-assign, but I have become too comfortable right now instinctively knowing where assignments are mapped and hence slightly lazy.
    I have a logitech game pad that I use with all of the buttons assigned to various functions. Each new install has to get remapped. so I know what you mean there.

Somewhere there is a keyboard map that you can print up. I forget where it is. maybe someone else will know.

'til Later,
    John
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Blood Hawk
    I use a Belkin n-52 keypad for sims and it is a Pain to have to reprogram it ..But found where Belkin stores the profiles C:\USER\AppData\ roaming\Belikn so I copy the profile after I'm satisfied and back that pup up and throw it back in if I need to
    http://replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.8791 <------ manual is here couldn't figure out how to attach a zip.
    BH like the site in your Sig
    Last edited by rwatson; June 30th, 2016 at 11:21. Reason: can't spell

Members who have read this thread: 0