first class simulations lancaster - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: first class simulations lancaster

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    The Wellington looks quite nice as well. The VC looks good and the textures are of course possible to change if someone has the time to make new master textures. The Hamden has got its revival, is there any AW Whitley available (I have never seen it for FSX)?
    Jens , The one thing I love with the Wellington it has the same admirable texture as the Lanc, very Sure Daniel Dunn did both, the Welly is old but I fell in love with it , the VC was so , well gives the feel of the early bomber, tho the VC dose have its missing parts , ailerons oversized on the external model ... but all and all gives you the feeling of the type.

I do have and very near cleaned up texture sheet, this was one of the first complaints from many about texture and no paint kit with the Welly, so I jumped in and cleaned it up , compared to your efforts with the Lancaster both would look good side by side.

Great stuff!

Just googled the Wellington bomb bay, and it was a bit more complicated than the one on the Lancaster with 3 separate bays running along the underside.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Wip of R5508, KM-B - Sqn Leader John Nettleton VC.

As the model is of a post 43 Lancaster without the fuselage windows I have hand painted them on the textures. It was an easily seen feature of the early Lancaster's and I think it looks ok.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

That did come up well , one thing I did have the opportunity to climb thru the Lancaster at Auckland NZ MOTAT

Sticking my thumb were

Imagine what it was like at night !

You're a very lucky man, to have been able to crawl all over her like that Ian

The Lancaster certainly wasn't built with comfort in mind, that's a certainty! One can only marvel at the fortitude and sheer guts those Bomber Crews had; hats off to them indeed
    ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

The Lancaster certainly wasn't built with comfort in mind, that's a certainty
    Apparently the RAF crews of the first Liberators and Flying Fortresses delivered were highly impressed by the arm rests and cigarette lighters.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by ChipShop View Post
    You're a very lucky man, to have been able to crawl all over her like that Ian

The Lancaster certainly wasn't built with comfort in mind, that's a certainty! One can only marvel at the fortitude and sheer guts those Bomber Crews had; hats off to them indeed
    ChipShop
    Caught the chaps on a week day , only wish I had the foresight to really photo it properly ... and had have had a better camera. (1986/7)

Nice to see the revival of the FCS Lancaster. If A2A would do one; 4 Merlins accusimmed....!

I too made B1 repaints a long time ago but never uploaded the finished paint. The painted windows (in my case also in the alpha channel and modified bump maps along with the longerons above the bomb bay doors) look realistic. Unfortunately the rest of the aircraft is of a late B1/B3 in terms of the wider paddle props instead of the needle type, wrong aerials and pitot tube.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-7-14_12-17-20-145.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	40318Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-7-14_12-20-42-188.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	40319

Paul

I stumbled across the feedback I sent to FCS when this bird first came out. Can anyone tell me if these have all been fixed (apologies for the long list !):

1. Boost gauges incorrect - register about + 8 too high and never go negative
    2. Turn/Slip Indicator indicates wrong way
    3. A/C moves forward against brakes on half-power but not at full power
    4. A/C will only cruise satisfactorily in nose-up attitude
    5. Silver patches on props
    6. Requesting gear down above 15-kts has no effect, except gear light goes out. Then when speed drops to 150kts the gear comes down by itself.
    7. VC Altimeter needles incorrect (large needle should indicate 100s, small needle should indicate 1000s)
    8. Shadows from wire aerials on outside of a/c unrealistically large
    9. Cockpit reflections, particularly from yellow disc on pilot seat armour plate (pretty sure this was fixed)
    10. Unable to taxi turning with differential power and brakes. Can only turn using rudder.

Just installed Patch 1.0 and the readme indicates all is fixed afaict. I thought I had then noticed the dreaded yellow disc in the windshield!!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    I stumbled across the feedback I sent to FCS when this bird first came out. Can anyone tell me if these have all been fixed (apologies for the long list !):

1. Boost gauges incorrect - register about + 8 too high and never go negative
    2. Turn/Slip Indicator indicates wrong way
    3. A/C moves forward against brakes on half-power but not at full power
    4. A/C will only cruise satisfactorily in nose-up attitude
    5. Silver patches on props
    6. Requesting gear down above 15-kts has no effect, except gear light goes out. Then when speed drops to 150kts the gear comes down by itself.
    7. VC Altimeter needles incorrect (large needle should indicate 100s, small needle should indicate 1000s)
    8. Shadows from wire aerials on outside of a/c unrealistically large
    9. Cockpit reflections, particularly from yellow disc on pilot seat armour plate (pretty sure this was fixed)
    10. Unable to taxi turning with differential power and brakes. Can only turn using rudder.
    Just had a quick look at some of the things on your list.
    1. The boost gauges DO go into negative and also into the red if you firewall it!
    2. Forgot to look
    3. Still the same
    4. Not checked
    5. This can be fixed by changing the properties using MDLMat.. otherwise, still present
    6. Gear will come down whenever you select it
    7. Works ok
    8. Common an a great many models if you select aircraft cast shadows on itself (I don't use it)
    9. Reflections look ok to me
    10. You can turn on the ground using the throttles on the outers (which is how they'd have done it anyway). If you try and turn with all the throttles synchronised (eg, they all move together).. then you turn (as mentioned) with the rudder. If you want to speed the turn up.. use the rudder AND brakes to invoke differential braking.

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks guys. Is the patch (or patches ?) still available anywhere ? As far as I can recall, I had an unofficial fix for the yellow disc but nothing else.

I've uploaded it HERE for you Dick

ATB
    DaveB

You're a star. Thanks Dave !!

No problem

ATB
    DaveB

Is version 0.8.2611082255 the patched one?
    Mike

The patch is still available at the current seller of FCS products. I just bought it and the patch was there as well.

Very nice pictures of the interior Ian! I guess the US and the Brits had some different views on crew comfort.. Maybe the biggest problem with the Lancaster interior was that it was a lot more difficult to reach the jump exits compared to the two other RAF heavies.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Is version 0.8.2611082255 the patched one?
    Mike
    That's what my aircraft.cfg says Mike but it's difficult to tell if that's the patched number or not as the patch runs as an exe and there's no way of knowing exactly what it's done.
    ATB
    DaveB

Many Thanks!

WOW,

Thanks to all who have worked on & updated this great old warbird for our flying pleasure! Also, to all the crew members that flew & maintained these birds of freedom during WWII!

papaecho
    CAN YOU HEAR ME, NOW?

Thank you,Dave.
    Mike

One other issue that wasn't fixed with the patch (at east it still showed up on mine) is the fuel selectors in the acft.cfg.

If you notice a fuel imbalance during cruise or the fuel selectors on the FE panel not working correctly, check the acft.cfg fuel section and make sure that the tank selectors are set for 4 and not 2. It should look like:

number_of_tank_selectors=4

--Dan
    Never trust a clean Crew Chief.

Hi! My download from FSPilot Shop only has the installer available: FCD-150.zip
    My aircraft cfg reads VERSION 0.8.2611082255 too.

Is there a "visible feature" that i can look at the model that was implemented with the patch? That way i can verify if the patch is installed already with the original installer.
    Thanks!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

A few aircraft edits from me:

I found it impossible to take off with the Grand slam and even 60% fuel and started to look into the cfg values.
    First of all the weight reduction of removing the two turrets and other internal equipment is not reflected in the empty weight values.
    ONLY FOR B.1 SPECIAL

[weight_and_balance]
    max_gross_weight = 68000
    empty_weight = 28000 (Standard B.1: 32000) 1400lb dorsal turret, 1100 nose turret, 1500lb other equipment.

Also a bit more power to match the Merlin 24 in the B.1 (S)

ONLY FOR B.1 SPECIAL!

[piston_engine]
    cylinder_displacement=137.4
    compression_ratio=6.5
    number_of_cylinders=12
    max_rated_rpm=3000
    max_rated_hp=1610

I found the roll a bit sluggish so I have done a slight edit:

[airplane_geometry]
    vtail_area = 45.0 //Square feet

[flight_tuning]
    aileron_effectiveness = 1.5

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Have any of the latest repaints been posted yet? I keep looking for them and haven't seen any.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 2