first class simulations lancaster
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: first class simulations lancaster

first class simulations lancaster

I find myself coming late to the FCS Lancaster party with a few questions I hope the more experienced
    members can answer.

(I do have the 1.0 patch installed.)

I known there must be a bomb bay control lever somewhere but where...?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw these items described in a review and I would swear the reviewer must be talking about another product.
    Are they really available..? I would like to hope I'm not that clueless.

- All switches and controls in cockpit including weapons bay door control, bomb jettison are operable

- Working armor plate headrest, swing out Radar kit, Navigators seat and folding engineer's seat

- Working turret controls to pan the turret and elevate the guns from the turret virtual cockpit

- The Bomb aimer's station is fully equipped with working auto-turn control, bomb arming switches, timers, bomb computer, and bomb release

- The mid upper turret rotates and the guns elevate and depress correctly to match the anti-strike track on the collar

Thanks for any insight..

Seahawk...

LH lower rear of the pilots seat.. it's a small lever

EDIT: Ooops.. I notice more questions!! I'll have to go and have a look. It doesn't get a lot of air time.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Seahawk...

LH lower rear of the pilots seat.. it's a small lever

EDIT: Ooops.. I notice more questions!! I'll have to go and have a look. It doesn't get a lot of air time.

ATB
    DaveB
    Wow, never would have found it. It pays to do a little crawling..

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Wow, never would have found it. It pays to do a little crawling..
    Oh yeah.. I remember ending up with the knees out of my trousers and a bad back!!

I'm not sure what the working armour plate headrest is supposed to do. From memory, you click on the armrest of the engineers seat and the seat folds. I guess the ordnance will drop from a saved flight but I've never tried. I'm not sure I've tried to rotate the turrets either. I'm usually in the front end or goofing. Will have to try. It obviously does more than I ever imagined!!!

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Oh yeah.. I remember ending up with the knees out of my trousers and a bad back!!

I'm not sure what the working armour plate headrest is supposed to do. From memory, you click on the armrest of the engineers seat and the seat folds. I guess the ordnance will drop from a saved flight but I've never tried. I'm not sure I've tried to rotate the turrets either. I'm usually in the front end or goofing. Will have to try. It obviously does more than I ever imagined!!!

ATB
    DaveB
    It sounds too good to be true. I would be interested in knowing what aircraft has that amount of animation.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Same here. I own this bird and now I'm going to dig into it in earnest.

I think it IS too good to be true. I've just tried clicking my way around inside and changing views. Couldn't find a way into the turrets and even looked through the manuals.. for what use they are!! Maybe the wrong info was posted with this model

ATB
    DaveB

It is wrong information for the model , the patch only fixed the yellow reflection of the pilots armour plate head rest, the details you have mentioned sound exactly like Aeroplane Heavens FS9/2004 Lancaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    It is wrong information for the model , the patch only fixed the yellow reflection of the pilots armour plate head rest, the details you have mentioned sound exactly like Aeroplane Heavens FS9/2004 Lancaster.

I just discovered that as well. The reviewer got the products mixed up.
    Here is the described product...

http://www.justflight.com/product/lancaster-download

Tell you one thing Seahawk, It word a superb payware if it is completely rebuilt for FSX, new techniques, if you look at AH/JH release of the recent Mosquito, that is simply gorgeous, nothing like a little wishful thinking and maybe putting ideas into 'Wink Wink' ... someones "Oo that's a good idea bucket list"

Imagine an A2A Lanc
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Imagine an A2A Lanc

I can dream....

Check out the Plane Design Lanc if it's still available. It's a FS9 model, so a bit dated, particularly in respect of the VC textures, but it flies well in FSX with a couple of tweaks. And a much better flight model than the FCS version IMO.

Agree about an A2A Lanc !

I just bought the FCS Lancaster and I'm actually very happy with it. I have not bought this model before because of the bad reviews and the fame of FCS, but that proved to be wrong. The VC is great and not far from the level we see on the JF mosquito in my opinion. It does not have the same functionality, but it looks very good. The external also looks good.
    The only “real” problem for me is the lack of more bomber variations with the big bomb bay for the Tallboy, different tail turrets and or the US Martin B.17 upper turret.

The RAF maritime “MR.3” model is lacking in the details, it is quite a way of from the real GR.3 and ASR.3 conversions.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot371.jpg  

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Jens-Ole, where did you bought the plane? I assume you bought the FSX version. I tried JF site but it has a "out of stock" banner in it.
    Thanks
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Thanks for the link
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I just bought the FCS Lancaster and I'm actually very happy with it. I have not bought this model before because of the bad reviews and the fame of FCS, but that proved to be wrong. The VC is great and not far from the level we see on the JF mosquito in my opinion. It does not have the same functionality, but it looks very good. The external also looks good.

Agree with that JensOle. There are small inaccuracies with the model which in the main, can be attributed to the plans used as what's there is well modelled.. especially given its age. I wasn't a fan of the release textures which had a somewhat 'wooden' appearance similar to the FCS Wellington but there are a fair number of repaints available (here in the library too) which don't have the 'wooden' look and are worth downloading. The general unavailability of a PK was a bit disappointing although there was one!!

Refreshingly.. it doesn't catch fire at the drop of a hat
    ATB
    DaveB

I love the post war Tiger Force scheme and beside WS-S from 9 Sqn above I have done TL-F from 35 Sqn of fame from the goodwill visit to the USA in 1946. The model is only missing the rear 0.50 cal turret..

The paintkit is not half bad, but sadly the panel lines and rivets are merged with the effect layer. Having said that it is possible to use the details for ok repaints. I don't have the energy to start on an all new paintkit with new panel lines and rivets... It is a rather large undertaking for a large aircraft as the Lancaster.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Yup.. I hear that. Re-lining and riveting something that size is a job too far I increased the aileron efficiency a wee bit as it seemed very slow to do an aileron turn and I can't remember now if it had a tendency to drop a wing slightly causing a slow turn. Must take it up for a quickie

ATB
    DaveB

SOH-CM-2021
    The Wellington has a "wooden" appearance Dave? Maybe that's because it was made of wood. The Brooklands restoration, as you well know, shows this to great effect. Having said that mate, I absolutely agree with what you say regarding that look.

Ah.. Mr 511

While wood was used in various parts of the construction.. the outer skin was Irish linen, doped. Imagine how cold it must have been in one!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Didn't quite escape.
    In the FCS version of the Wimpey, a lot of the metal area s are also textured in the doped fabric texture that looks more like wood. It still bugs the blazes out of me now, but I rarely fly it. The Lanc at least doesn't have fabric/wood metal bits!

Ian P.

Yup.. I think the word we're looking for is 'dire'. I don't fly it often but when I do.. it's with one of the few repaints and never one of the release paints.

Was there ever a PK released for it? Don't recall seeing one.

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 2