Quick combat problem...

Thread: Quick combat problem...

Quick combat problem...

...ran in to a small problem while installing the JSQCED program in my ETO re-install. In the process of rebuilding my setup I have three installs, They are ETO, PTO and Korea. Have the JSQED installed and will it differentiate between the combatants and plane types for PTO and Korea. ie; US, Japanese, Bomber, fighter, none for PTO and Communist, None, US, Fighter, bomber etc for Korea. However for the ETO it will only let be declare something a bomber or fighter. Tried entering through the "category" section some combatant names and it won't take. Any ideas welcome?
    Been so long since I originally set it up I forgot how I had did it!!

Things like this is why I did my ETO CQ list by hand.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

You'll have to start from scratch, but here's the "clean" stock qcb from CFS1. Its already set up for the ETO and includes all categories and the common allied and axis aircraft used in that theater. Just take the *.txt extension off the end.

To avoid any loading issues, take native CFS2 models that match the aircraft types in the qcb and rename their folders to match the names in the qcb. These will become your basic "stock" models which always populate the AIRCRAFT directory.
    Attached Files Attached Files

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

BC...

Thanks! That at least got it up and running. So easy I am kicking myself for not doing it myself!
    Here is another that my sieve of a mind forgot. How do you change the color of the error message in the start-up to QC. I get some "can't find "model,,BLAH LAH BLAH" but it is in yellow and I can't read the stupid thing!!! Where can I change the color (if possible)?

Sir, i have no idea...never had the need to change that.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Sir, i have no idea...never had the need to change that.
    Uggh, I know this one but I can't remember....

Try this...

In the cfs2.cfg

[PANELS]
    HUD_COLOR=2

or ingame try...

"Shift"+"F3" keys...
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Thanks guys....

BC No problem, I never had to also but now I do.
    BH, was going to try that but does anyone know what the color numbers are?

Members who have read this thread: 0