Mars - 2 days - $25000

Thread: Mars - 2 days - $25000

Lightbulb Mars - 2 days - $25000

No, that's not a new, super-quick trip to the red planet on a low-cost fare.

However, it IS a flight experience that might never get repeated...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...sons-1.3639883

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Dang! The B-17 just cost 350 dollars! Even at two days, assuming 350/hr over two 8 hr days, that's still only 5600. Of course they don't teach you how to fly it.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Dang! The B-17 just cost 350 dollars!
    Speaking of which, "Aluminum Overcast" has been here at CYBW since Wednesday (leaving tomorrow) and so far I've avoided the temptation to go for a ride (although at a bit more pricey $475 - don't know if that's Cdn or USD) but it's been fun to watch it flying overhead 3-4 times a day- in fact, she's overhead as I write this!.

Checked the Lotto tix this morning, and no, I still can't afford the Mars

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

When finished with that video, be sure to view this one of a kid trying to park a $60,000 Porsche in a too small garage after fleeing from an accident where he hit a parked car!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...mage-1.3649308
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Nice, but for $25,000 I can get a private pilot's license and have money left over.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The Hawaii Mars will be flown to Oshkosh for the Airventure airshow next month, with Kermit Weeks one of the pilots at the helm. Word on the street is that Coulson will be using the opportunity to demonstrate the aircraft to potential buyers while at Oshkosh. The US Naval Aviation Museum had been in talks with Coulson, for several years now, about a trade deal for acquiring the Philippine Mars for the museum - the aircraft was even fully repainted by Coulson, and has been ready to be displayed pending a delivery flight, but it was just recently let out that the Navy has let the trade deal fall through, and that Coulson is now left looking for another museum to acquire the Philippine Mars.

Boy do I feel fortunate. Having gotten several back seat rides in Phantoms and Skyhawks, back in the 70s, I was shocked when I read the prices for a 40 minute ride: $12,500 for the Phantom, and $8000 for the Skyhawk; both aircraft are with the Collings Foundation.

Have to to say the experience of a ride in those jets was fantastic, but unless I was a lottery winner, there's no way I'd shell out that amount of cash for a 40 minute ride. Nope. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0