Razbam EA-6B Repaint v2.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razbam EA-6B Repaint v2.0

Razbam EA-6B Repaint v2.0

Wish Milviz or someone would do the EA-6B justice but at the moment, Razbam's prowler is what we have to work with. It's not a bad model, just outdated and needs tweaks to modernize the thing.

Just uploaded the VAQ-135 repaint v2.0, it looks better than the v1.0 version from few years back with some baked in ambient occlusion, color re-balance, more pronounced bump maps, and windows with appropriate tint and reflectivity.

it's available at

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=21537

Dino's S3 Viking tactical display is aliased to the right seat and encouraged to use the VC instrument gauge update mentioned in the readme.txt.

Thanks for the updated repaint. Looks good!

And yes, it would be nice to have an updated Prowler.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Blog Entries
    Love the Electric Intruder - this old radio head / EW / SIG-O is enthralled with your work!!

Any chance you'd throw the EA-6A model some love? It's my fave, but anything you do with the "station wagon" B model is also much appreciated. Especially if you'd consider any pre TPS high-vis schemes ...

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...6nOdM%3A&w=700

Just a few ideas.

Love your work - has breathed some new life into a longtime favourite!!

Thx,

DL

Can you please do the Sundown Prowler?

Can you please do the Prowler Sundown bird?

A good link for photos is up at https://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/BuNo%20163890

Here's two photos of mine:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Full_Size_Export_of_ DSC_0055 1.jpg   Full_Size_Export_of_ DSC_0057 1.jpg  

Hi Joe ! Mike Tyler here, I second that for the Garuda electric six ! Mike

Cool video and a great job on the Black Ravens repaint ! Mike

vaq-134 paint looks good, i'll give it a try.

Thank you so much! Please let me know if you need anything!

Thank you so much for the VAQ-135 repaint! Looking forward to the Garuda paint also. I was TAD with them to MCAS Iwakuni in 1994 for six months. Loved it. Thanks for your efforts! Navy Chief

Oh, and your video is great!

Chief ,what does TAD mean?...not having served my country,,stupid move on my part,i still dont know some of these "short cuts"..thanks

TAD means Temporary Additional Duty. Similar if not the same as what we called TDY in the Army.

What about the Virtavia EA-6B if the Razbam one is getting long in the tooth?

working the base coats, details will take more time. will need to add some alpha to give it some shine like the real thing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vaq134a.jpg  

These all look good. Also like DL, I like the "roadster" EA-6A model. Problem is, both RAZBAM Grumman's sit in my hangar as I find the FM's virtually unflyable - well, they fly but no fun to do so. Pitch axis in particular is a nightmare. I think Mal998 worked on the Alphasim Intruder/Prowler FM's but has anyone modded the ones for the RAZBAM models?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Nice Garuda paint, KDFW; looking great! NC

Blog Entries
    Outstanding!

dl

Cool

Great work, but I think the top was just a shade or two lighter grey.

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    Great work, but I think the top was just a shade or two lighter grey.
    maybe what you're thinking of is sun fade - Its hard to say within a shade or two when you are talking about photographic references since so many factors are at play. film - exposure - developer - then it goes to a publisher and all of those variables... This looks good to me if a little 'brand new' maybe...I will fly it until it looks faded :P
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Blog Entries
    FWIW, I do see Jose's point. To my eye, at least, it has a TPS "blue" vs the old high-vis gull grey.

I wonder if kdfw is maybe going after this rarer mix of TPS with white instead of gull grey and white. I've only see an few pics, such as here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9728817296_7fe14ee1fa_b.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	39423

Name:	vaq-134.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	39424

I agree Jose's earlier pics seem to show the "standard" high vis gull grey over white ...

http://www.airshowmag.com/asb/2015/J...%20Flypast.jpg

Name:	18735578233_f496fcb622.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	39425

Just my observation - I don't have a dog in this fight because my preference is operational vs anniversary schemes - but trying to reconcile what kdfw is doing vs the pics posted by Jose, that seems to be how I make it all add up.

Regardless, it'll be much appreciated.

cheers,

dl

Great job so far kdfw, I see you added your helmet updates as well. I'm fan of -132, they were in my air wing and always thought the scorpion tail was appropriate. Sadly for me, their Ops "O" declined my backseat ride request, so close.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Thanks everybody. Really appreciate kdfw stepping up. I'm going to ask about the exact tone of grey.

In the meantime, enjoy some more of my photos:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0073-Edit-1.jpg   Full_Size_Export_of_ DSC_0077 1.jpg   Full_Size_Export_of_ DSC_0072 1.jpg  
    Last edited by JosefK; June 29th, 2016 at 21:09. Reason: Adding photos

My VAQ-134 contacts say try this shade of grey (aka 237 Grey) please: http://www.colorcombos.com/colors/EDEDED

Another one says, "for the sunset bird was only two tones. it was gloss white bottom and the top was a type of beige, "

I really think 237 Grey on top and gloss white on the bottom is the way to go.

Thanks!
    Last edited by JosefK; June 29th, 2016 at 22:13. Reason: more details

Got a couple photos from one of the real-life painters...

Enjoy:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13495274_1752689658281125_3434710901565824961_n.jpg   13507163_1752690631614361_466273810038131422_n.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    FWIW, I do see Jose's point. To my eye, at least, it has a TPS "blue" vs the old high-vis gull grey.

I wonder if kdfw is maybe going after this rarer mix of TPS with white instead of gull grey and white. I've only see an few pics, such as here:

cheers,

dl
    For this scheme I'm told 237 gray, 320 gray then 375 gray.

But that's not the Sunset Prowler, just the last VAQ-134 Prowler CAG Bird now sitting pretty in Colorado.

Members who have read this thread: 0