Nemeth Hind

Thread: Nemeth Hind

Nemeth Hind

Ive just re installed the ND FSX hind after a long hiatus and now I have these wire/winch cables flailing around which originates from the center of the model

Its been a very long time since ive used this model and knowing the nemeth forums are a complete waste of time as they have shut up shop and no longer responding on the forums(at least since Jan 15), has anyone managed to remember how to get rid of these,

Ive removed all winch references, ive installed the artifact patch all to no avail

any ideas?

Wow. That's strange.

I just loaded up my install and checked it out, and don't have those. Never had them in fact.

The only issues I encountered were the artifacts. After applying the patch, the artifacts were gone but so was the internal view with the side doors and guns. They never did fix that after repeated messages on their forum.

Perhaps something got corrupted in the install? Can't figure out what they might be related to.

I got the impression that this effort was another collaboration between ND and MV. Maybe someone has some suggestions on the MV forums?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Jeansy,

I have the same visual problem. It occurs in FSX as well as P3D (all versions). I seem to remember a thread, probably on another site, that showed the same anomaly. I don't think ND ever addressed it.

It's been a while since I originally installed the Hind, but I originally had the same issues. I seem to recall this fix worked for me. Posted near the bottom 1/3 of the following support page, by user 'aussiecop'. I haven't had any flashing or other odd visual anomalies since. I'm not sure if this is the same artifact patch you're referring to, Jeansy. The Nemeth forums are a bit of a jumble!

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...thread/&page=3

Ok, here is the file. Just drop it in your FSX/Simobjects/Rotorcraft/ND_MI24/Model Folder (remember to make a backup for the original file)http://aussiex.org/nemeth_beta/Mi24_...x_interior.rar
    Don't forget to unpack the RAR file also. If anyone doesn't have win RAR let me know and I'll make up a zip tomorrow.
    -Mark

I know of the problems WH and others were having with VC views but never seen this one before. That patch addressed the VC flashing.. not sure if it was intended for anything else.

ATB
    DaveB

I don't have the model, so I'm guessing here. Do you have "advanced animations" checked in the FSX options?

Just a hunch.

On page 26 of the manual showing switches for the engine panel, switches 11 through 15 pertain to the cargo hook/release/etc.

I haven't determined if there is an animated cargo cable or not, but from the screenshots it kinda looks like it might be. Worth checking it out and playing with the switches. Not much more explained on that.
    -- WH

I tried the cargo setup this evening using keystrokes rather than panel switches. It just appeared for me and on the RH side.. just the wire and no hoist!! All the gubbins in Matt's shot are on the LH side (not that this matters). I don't know if the engine covers open on this.. never tried but I'm wondering if those bits aren't out of the engine bay rather than the hoist?
    ATB
    DaveB

They are parts of the rotor from the look of the pics on the Nemeth sales page. Five rotors, five hoses. they seem to wrap over the top of the inner assembly. I don't have this one, but wondering if there is some rotor fold animation or something at work here?

http://www.nemethdesigns.com/payware...-hind-fsx.html fifth picture shows it.

Yup.. concur with that JD.. they're off the rotor head. I didn't think this had any sort of rotor fold though the manual makes a telephone directory seem like easy reading!!

ATB
    DaveB

Jeansy, can you take a vertical shot looking straight down at the rotor hub?

And, do the cables show when the engines are shut down and there's no rotor motion?
    -- WH

The more I look at it, it does appear to be the hoses on the rotor head, the textured shading where the hoses belong give a strong indication

oh well, i was going to do some more paints however, if its a mdl issue its just another thing, that will be deleted

heres another of the engine shutting down, which confirms the lines are linked to the rotor head

That is just plain weird.

I would rule out the artifact patch. That pertained to the interior model, and this is definitely an exterior issue.

I watched the video a couple of times and stopped it towards the end. The cables seem to be rotation around a different axis than the rotors.

No edits or mods to your aircraft.cfg, right?
    -- WH

hmmm, ive tried both vanilla and patched installs, I can find any reference to folding blades, and im running with a stock .cfg

this has me stumped as from memory ive never had this issue before or I cant recall if this is why i deleted it

anyway with out the very former considerate and helpful staff at nemeth who can review the .mdl file, i might call it a day with this one

having the Same prob in P3D v3.3 with my Hind it didnt do this in FSX for me

**********fixed my Hind No more gitching in P3D **************

may work on FSX too Open the models in Model Converter X and Recompile them that fixed mine i recompiled them as P3D models no more glitch no more probs that May fix the prob in FSX too
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Icon25

Matt - I did a review of the ND Hind for Mutleys some time ago. Here's a shot of the rotor head:

Looks like your mdl has an animation problem with the oil feed lines. Didn't see this with my install.

Sorry - no help, mate!

Cheers - Dai.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    having the Same prob in P3D v3.3 with my Hind it didnt do this in FSX for me

**********fixed my Hind No more gitching in P3D **************

may work on FSX too Open the models in Model Converter X and Recompile them that fixed mine i recompiled them as P3D models no more glitch no more probs that May fix the prob in FSX too
    What version of MCX are you using, I got mine from the site the other day and it doesnt have a export to p3d .mdl option in it

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    What version of MCX are you using, I got mine from the site the other day and it doesnt have a export to p3d .mdl option in it
    newest one downloaded it last night
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2016-jun-24-001.jpg  
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

The cables are boned mesh from the looks of it , is allow complex animations checked in the sim menu ?

Best CJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    newest one downloaded it last night
    Have you been able to do both models? I can only do the unarmed model(.model) the armed version(.model1) doesnt want to play as I cant get it to load

Message says "Please sign in to view this video"

I don't have a YouTube account. Any way to provide a link instead?
    -- WH

sorry the video was set at private by mistake

Ive also noticed that after patching it in MCX the VC artifacts have vanished and I now can keep my rear cabin views

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    sorry the video was set at private by mistake

Ive also noticed that after patching it in MCX the VC artifacts have vanished and I now can keep my rear cabin views
    yep it works fine

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

ok weird, others have found the armed version wont export as well

Members who have read this thread: 0