Best Dubai Scenery for P3D

Thread: Best Dubai Scenery for P3D

Best Dubai Scenery for P3D

Does anyone have a payware or freeware recommendation for Dubai scenery? was very surprised the native P3D scenery did not even have the Burj Khaliffa in it. Worlds tallest building. The Burj al Arab hotel is also in the middle of the ocean. I use Orbx global vector so maybe that put the Al Arab there, but am disappointed not to see the Burj Khaliffa.

Several Freeware FSX ones listed here under UAE, perhaps they would work.

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html#uganda

Don't know about payware.

+1 fly tampa

worth every cent

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    +1 fly tampa

worth every cent
    Seconded, I don't buy a lot of scenery but this was totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Seconded, I don't buy a lot of scenery but this was totally worth it.
    Im actually surprised the Burj Khaliffa is left out of the default scenery. I have been to Dubai. This worlds largest building absolutely dominates the skyline and is a hazard to navigation without paying attention. I dont fly around OMDB that much, but was surprised such a major feature would be left out. Sort of like Paris without the Eiffel tower in my view. Had hoped to add a little accuracy without having to buy scenery, but the fly tampa stuff looks good. How is it on FPS? I dont need the eye candy bad enough to take a 10 FPS hit.

I don't think P3D did that much with the scenery from its 2006 predecessor especially in the more obscure parts of the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Im actually surprised the Burj Khaliffa is left out of the default scenery. I have been to Dubai. This worlds largest building absolutely dominates the skyline and is a hazard to navigation without paying attention. I dont fly around OMDB that much, but was surprised such a major feature would be left out. Sort of like Paris without the Eiffel tower in my view. Had hoped to add a little accuracy without having to buy scenery, but the fly tampa stuff looks good. How is it on FPS? I dont need the eye candy bad enough to take a 10 FPS hit.
    Very little frame hit

It has all the key land marks in Dubai, Ive been to dubai a few times and using this scenery ive been able to trace my tracks, its well done

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Very little frame hit

It has all the key land marks in Dubai, Ive been to dubai a few times and using this scenery ive been able to trace my tracks, its well done
    Again I'd second that, although I've mainly used it as an area for urban helicopter operations so not fast enough for an fps drop to be readily apparent. Did do a few circuits in the CS 777 last night and it was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    + another 1!

Excellent scenery.

Members who have read this thread: 0