OT Father's Day Airshow

Thread: OT Father's Day Airshow

Icon22 OT Father's Day Airshow

Took my four-year-old daughter down to Flying Heritage Collection for their father's day fly day. The world's youngest Me 163 aficionado was beside herself getting to see the museum's example, and then we went outside to see the Fw 190A-5 (with original BMW 801) A6M3, Spitfire VC, and P-47D start up and taxi out. The clouds were too low today, so all they were able to do was taxi. When they came back we got ourselves a spot on the fence within feet of the P-47's parking spot. As he swung around in a 180 I was close enough I could have reached through the fence and touched the tail, but I couldn't as I was nearly knocked over by the prop blast! My daughter was literally blown away but managed to grab my leg as she went by. We both thought it was great!

Give her memories, that will!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Air shows got me interested in aircraft. Good to bring somewhat early generation to catch the bug of flight.

She was born with the bug like I was; there's never been a time when a passing airplane didn't cause her to look up. Naturally I've been quite encouraging of all this.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a grand day out Daniel! :0)
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Members who have read this thread: 0