Two Ducks

Thread: Two Ducks

Two Ducks

I've found 2 versions of Swingmans' Duck converted to FsX native. One has no bumps or spec maps but the canopy glass shows. The other has bump and spec maps but the canopy glass is missing entirely. The texture mapping on these Ducks is quite different so they are not interchangeable. Can anyone here tell me how to get the canopy glass to show? Screenshots:

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

It seems after some research that the no-show glass is from Paul Domingue's model but screenshots from a few years ago show canopy glass. I think there may have been a change in the Dx10 fixer program settings, causing the problem so I have posted in the Fixer forum at Avsim.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

I thought swingman's duck was FSX native? Mine did have the DX10 problem because of an incorrect setting in the Max material settings for FSX. The DX10 fixer solved the problem for those who encountered it. It never did show up on my system that's why I didn't catch it.

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    I thought swingman's duck was FSX native? Mine did have the DX10 problem because of an incorrect setting in the Max material settings for FSX. The DX10 fixer solved the problem for those who encountered it. It never did show up on my system that's why I didn't catch it.
    Hi Paul,

Swingman's Duck was a port-over until Craig (Full) converted it to FsX native. I really like both Ducks so I will persevere to find a fix for the glass.
    SYSTEM :

I can't seem to find these ducks. I found some links for them, but they are not working. I have Paul "D" duck that was done in FSX I believe he called it Bad Duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Swingman's Duck was a port-over until Craig (Full) converted it to FsX native
    I remember there was some controversy over that duck and the Icarus Gold Duck. It seems that Craig's native on isn't available anywhere anymore. Does anyone know where I could get it?

SYSTEM :

I need to take a second look at my Duck inventory, can't remember whose product I have and in what sim, FS9 or FSX. Somebody did some repaints for Swingman's (maybe Paul's too) if I remember right.

I had completely forgotten that I had previously asked this question in the Official Dx10 forum and this was the answer:

"You can fix it by going into debug and disabling DX9 Style Alpha Func in the 2nd column. That may mean that a very few sceneries don't work - but the only one I can actually recall is an Irish freeware airport."

SYSTEM :

Members who have read this thread: 0