Vertigo Studios C-2 Greyhound?

Thread: Vertigo Studios C-2 Greyhound?

Vertigo Studios C-2 Greyhound?

Is Vertigo Studios still in business? And if so, are they still working on the Greyhound? After the release of Virtavia's Hawkeye, I was wondering..... NC

It has been a long time since Vertigo gave an update about their C-2 greyhoud, so i guess we can forget about that one.

Dino Cattaneo did mention a few times that he is thinking about doing a C-2/E-2 package, But since his ransomware incident the last thing Dino mentioned about the E-2/C-2 package is "there is some undisclosed work done on the E-2/C-2 project in cooperation with another developer which - for a pure chance this is safe."

Keep an eye out on Dino's Blog or Facebook page, maybe he will provide an update about it.

Cheers,
    Randy

Thanks Randy,

We definitely need a COD for mail delivery! These young sailors nowadays are spoiled with the luxury of email and satellite tv! NC

Indeed! Landing the small SOH C-1 Trader on a big Nimitz-class just doesn't feels right to me
    A C-2 would be very welcome!

I had hoped this project would have come to fruition by now but from the looks of things, I'm afraid that it's probably going to remain vaporware (unless something changes). This brings up something which I'd like to propose, perhaps we in the community could help with a startup fund for a developer to create a high quality dual E-2/C-2 project (payware/donationware) for FSX/P3D (perhaps Dino would be interested in taking this up?). Perhaps a modernized version of the E-2C and C-2A with the NP2000 props and newer avionics? Anyhow, it's just a thought as the C-2 project seems on long term idle and the new E-2C release is Steam Only. I'm willing to get on board the idea of kickstarting a new project if anyone else thinks it's a great idea (and of course a good developer would be willing)?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Milviz has alot on their hands right now but just imagine milvz doing a highly detailed E-2/C-2 that would be like a dream come true to me, Another aircraft I would like to see developed is a V-22 osprey
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Im Not A Jet Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by iflyfsx214 View Post
    Milviz has alot on their hands right now but just imagine milvz doing a highly detailed E-2/C-2 that would be like a dream come true to me, Another aircraft I would like to see developed is a V-22 osprey

I would love to see them do a Hawkeye / COD with their level of detail they have put in their other aircraft. Maybe it could come with a USS America CV66 like the Phantom comes with the Coral Sea. I would stand in line for that with 42 months aboard USS America and TAD to VAW-124 for a while. Two model varients: E2A/C2A to go along with the Phantom and Vietnam scenarios and scimitar 6 blade prop E2C with updated panels and Mideast. Now that would be a BIG WOW!!!

Would like to see a C-2 with older props and scimitar props as an option? NC

Blog Entries
    I talked to Scott at A2A, and if Vertigo did close up shop.
    They would be interested in picking up and finishing what they started.
    So now its just finding out whats going on with VS.
    I have a message off to Dino at VS, to see if they are still in operations or closed shop. I also let him know that A2A would be interested in taking over their unfinished projects to bring them to the community.
    If and when i get an answer from VS, i will let everyone here know.
    Craig.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by trucker17 View Post
    I talked to Scott at A2A, and if Vertigo did close up shop.
    They would be interested in picking up and finishing what they started.
    So now its just finding out whats going on with VS.
    I have a message off to Dino at VS, to see if they are still in operations or closed shop. I also let him know that A2A would be interested in taking over their unfinished projects to bring them to the community.
    If and when i get an answer from VS, i will let everyone here know.
    Craig.
    Truly outstanding, Craig! Much appreciated NC

E2 C2 News

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Truly outstanding, Craig! Much appreciated NC
    WOW! That is great news! I have a number of their aircraft including the B-17 with Accusim which I flew for 2 years with the 91st BG Virtual guys as well as teaching flight basics and safety at our Jr High with the C172 Accusim for their flight program. They do a truly outsatnding job of their aircraft both military and civilian.

Blog Entries
    I talked to Deano of VS. and they are still alive.
    They are in the middle of a major revamp of their entire system and company.
    The work on the planes have continued even during their time down, and when they reopen they will have some new aircraft available.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

I'd love to see someone else pick up that C-2 and actually finish it, since it's abundantly clear that Vertigo never will.

Members who have read this thread: 0