ijn generic destroyer v1 upload soon..

Thread: ijn generic destroyer v1 upload soon..

ijn generic destroyer v1 upload soon..

G'day all..

just letting all know the first of the two ijn generic destroyers should be uploaded this weekend,need to make a couple of test missions to add to the pack before uploading..

cheers!,Jason..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ijn generic destroyer v1.jpg  

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar

Icon28

Looks really cool... as if it began in a box... or even a shipyard.
    Does she have a sister ship for the European theatre? ...or the
    Mediterranean?
    BTW her flag is perfect and your water's pretty cool as well...
    cheers

SOH-CM-2020
    love it, and the big fat nasty red tracers

Yesss! Love your IJN ships. Many thanks!

G'day all..

thanks for the kind words..I hadn't intended to have a maw or eto version as such,but I can't see why not as the only markings that need changing would be the flag and turret marking dds's,and perhaps gun/weapon xdp's (to reflect the theatres weaponry..)..
    I would like to point out though that these ships originally started life off as conversions/heavily modded versions of stuart277's shimikaze,and as such I have his work on his cfs2 ship collection to thank for these (stuart,if you're uncomfortable about me releasing these please let me know!..).
    The water I'm using is a mish mash of (I think..) jb scenery,some h20 files that I've fiddled with and of late Ankors shaders..all my testing has so far been mainly around Nice (eto..) and I can't think of the one in pto solomans currently..

cheers,Jason..

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidchicken View Post

I would like to point out though that these ships originally started life off as conversions/heavily modded versions of stuart277's shimikaze,and as such I have his work on his cfs2 ship collection to thank for these (stuart,if you're uncomfortable about me releasing these please let me know!..).
    cheers,Jason..
    Hi Jason, I contacted Stuart277 specifically on the question of conversion of his ships to CFS3, a wee while back when I got excited about the range and variety of GMax ships he was uploading for CFS2. He said go for it, pointed to his Readme's making his GMax models available for all to work with.

So please do not inhibit yourself on that score

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi Jason, I contacted Stuart277 specifically on the question of conversion of his ships to CFS3, a wee while back when I got excited about the range and variety of GMax ships he was uploading for CFS2. He said go for it, pointed to his Readme's making his GMax models available for all to work with.

So please do not inhibit yourself on that score
    Let me know if you need anything.

Also look for the skins for his ships. Miccasharon and Dombral have done a great deal in the way of repaints for all of his ships.

I have a lot going on since I bought my house. I do have a French crusier waiting to be finished. alondg with the work that I started on another ship.

If you get the conversion down let me know. I've had issues with textures that Daiwilletti has helped me with.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

G'day all,

Just uploaded the destroyer,I think I've got everything in the pack,please let me know if anythings missing!..
    hopefully I'll get the other ship sorted out soon and ready to upload..I'm glad to hear stuart should be ok with these..
    the missions are very basic as they are there really only for function testing,one for the cfs3/eto and one for the pto solomons,sorry,no rising sun one as I still haven't got around to getting that up and running on my computer..I like the idea of the repaints and will happily pass on the source files to help out if needed,I never mapped the textures just applied them (still don't know what I'm doing there!..)..

cheers!,Jason

Downloaded and opened the pack, no "ijn_generic_destroyer" ?

Icon17 ...uuh, err...

You need to create a folder and name it "IJN_generic_Destroyer" with the 'M3d' and 'xdp' files inside...
    Put it in the "ships" folder and put the "LC_ijn_ships_shared" folder in "ships" as well...
    Put the content of 'guns' in "guns" and weapons in "weapons" ...and read everything!
    ...there ...that's totally confusing, wot?

With all the stuff in the shared folder this promises to be one helluva gunboat!!

Icon5

So Jason, for those of us who've not played around with ships that much could you post what would be a typical install
    for this lovely ship? ...and BTW, did you make her drive-able and/or do all her weapons function when she's a target or
    when an enemy is near (proximity effect)? Thanx again for your work...
    cheers

Oh dear..
    My apologies guys,seems I fluffed up when I created the zip file..pops has summed up the install pretty well as the pack stands currently..I'll upload a revised version shortly to amend this..
    I will include a note on a complete install as well in the revised pack..
    The ships are fully animated as far as guns,searchlights and torpedo launchers (not that I ever got them to fire anything..),I did toy with the idea of making them drive-able as I added a basic bridge area etc,but never bothered building in eyepoints etc..

Cheers!,Jason

and...

Oh boy do they get upset when you get near them!..

Quote Originally Posted by liquidchicken View Post
    and...

Oh boy do they get upset when you get near them!..
    I'll be comin' in low 'n slow with torpedo ready and fingers and toes all crossed

missing ijn_destroyers.dds

G'day all..

Gosd,there is no texture sheet as such mate,everything is handled by the textures in LC_ijn_ships_shared folder (for eg:hull_grey_ijn.dds etc..)..
    because I use a particular set of textures for all of the ijn ships I've put together (including the in progress Yamato..) I just rely on whats in there to do the job,I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to mapping (I promise I will learn one day!..) and generally apply textures using groups of poly's or sometimes individual poly's (not pretty at times,and no doubt the long way round,but works for me..)..hope that makes some sense (?)..
    I will be uploading the revised zip file tomorrow night which should make the install much less confusing,again,apologies to all who've downloaded the current version and are having issues,I'll be looking to have the old version removed from the library to avoid any confusion..
    flyn low n slow will get you chopped up pretty quickly,think vertically..

cheers!,Jason..

G'day all..

Ok,just uploaded the revised ship..with any luck this should now make much more sense..thanks for your patience guys!..Any chance some one could remove the offending older version please?.."IJN_generic_destroyer.zip"..

cheers!,Jason..

Thank you, LC !!

I like it !

Diversity bring immersion, thanks for this one!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thanks very much..

Members who have read this thread: 0