Virtavia E-2C Released
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia E-2C Released

Virtavia E-2C Released

Hello All,

Just a HU, it looks like the Virtavia E-2C Hawkeye has been released, but for FSX-SE only.

http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_E-2C.html

Its going to look great in some USN colors!

--Dan
    Never trust a clean Crew Chief.

Reading the blurb I'm not sure if it's a Steam exclusive or exclusive only until 5th July.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Reading the blurb I'm not sure if it's a Steam exclusive or exclusive only until 5th July.
    Exclusive SE only and with a special offer until 4th of july I think.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

No markings or insgnia at all with this release (Dovetail way of doing business). If the painters comunity do any paints for it, it might be a good addon.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I wonder if it will ever be availabe for fsx classic or p3d at anytime in the future
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Got so excited until I saw "Available only via the Dovetail Games Steam Edition portal on Steam." (had my wallet ready).

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by iflyfsx214 View Post
    I wonder if it will ever be availabe for fsx classic or p3d at anytime in the future
    Virtavia has ported their entire range of old add-ons to Steam and that's probably the route they're going in the future.

Well that is a problem. Am I the only one running FSX off the disk/hard drive?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Well that is a problem. Am I the only one running FSX off the disk/hard drive?
    Nope, you're not the only one. I'm not even interested in going to steam.

I just had a look at the web site and it all looks pretty amateurish, very vague on why it might be any better than the disk version, and seems just a way to take money from you for some mediocre looking add ons.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Nope, you're not the only one. I'm not even interested in going to steam.
    I did try to get on Steam (Is that how to describe it?) It wouldn't download or whatever for me so I am strictly an FSX Acceleration user so no more Virtavia for me. Glad I got the Savage when I did. It seems an odd way to do business.

The Steam summer sale starts next week, probably a good opportunity to pick up FsX:SE for a few dollars.
    There's not much difference between FsX and the SE, but it seems a bit smoother and more stable. And through Steam you can always download and reinstall the sim without having to use the old disks and MS activation system.

I like the looks of the E-2 and the price, but since I just bought a new car....
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I have waited a long time for an E-2. I will be very disappointed if there is not a non-Steam version I can drop into P3D.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

And as I type...... FsX:SE now 70% off at Steam until 23th June!

I guess one could transfer the files from the Steam folder to P3D.

Steam or no Steam

I had a logon at Steam when I wanted to fly CoD and I personally don't like their way of doing things. I prefer having the disks or downloads on your own computer that you personally own. If Virtavia which I like personally as a company is going this direction when P3D seems like more of the way of the future, not FSXE or Dovetail Games, I will be really disappointed. Was waiting for Vertical Simulations to come out with their E2 and C2 which sadly never happened. I wonder if Virtavia bought up their work and finished it.

A couple years ago I had been working on a panel for the Alphasim E2 and C2 which are A versions with 4 bladed props but actually look as good or better IMHO with a lot of good paints for downloads. With the absolutely tremendous job on that DC3 panel done here can we talk the guys in Holland into doing the same quality for the E2 Hawkeye from Alphasim? Wow would that be one great FSX(A) and P3D2 compatible bird! My 2 cents on this.

Well, as exciting as this news is, it's VERY disappointing that the model is only available for FSX-Steam. What about us users who prefer FSX-A over FSX-Steam? Unfortunately, this is a No Sale for me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Well, as exciting as this news is, it's VERY disappointing that the model is only available for FSX-Steam. What about us users who prefer FSX-A over FSX-Steam? Unfortunately, this is a No Sale for me.
    This comment is why I didn't jump on this right away to make it a sticky. Being a sticky anyway has served a purpose. Thanks
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

To make things clear, there's no intent in my previous statement (or on my part) to stir any negativeness on the matter. From purely a consumer standpoint, our niche hobby and it's market as it has been for some time seems to shift and shrink pushing some long time users out of the market. I worry (respectfully) that some devs are becoming a bit too myopic on certain aspects of the market which IMO could only harm progress and maintaining a good level of a buyer/user base. Just a thought and maybe in this case something good will come of it to open up the model to us users who prefer a non-Steam platform (including FSX-A and P3D). If that happens, count me in on the purchase.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I guess one could transfer the files from the Steam folder to P3D.
    Unless a sophisticated copy protection system is involved, this should be perfectly possible.

So none of you read either the Virtavia Website or the earlier posts in this thread?

It is a timed exclusive on Steam. It will be available through the usual channels for FSX Boxed (and assumingly P3D) on July 5.

Also that release will be the one which has the liveries in it.

And to answer the question about porting over from FSX:SE to P3D the answer is sadly no. Steam DRM encrypts the model files and prevents them from being used outside of FSX:SE.

Safe Skies

Novawing24

Hmm.. exclusive for now maybe otherwise this point wouldn't have been added.. Accurately modelled and working catapult launch system (FSX Acceleration req'd).

Will it go FSX/ACC or is this a bit of poor editing by Virtavia?
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Novawing24 View Post
    And to answer the question about porting over from FSX:SE to P3D the answer is sadly no. Steam DRM encrypts the model files and prevents them from being used outside of FSX:SE.
    How's that supposed to work?
    FSX can only deal with a single model file format.

Quote Originally Posted by Novawing24 View Post
    So none of you read either the Virtavia Website or the earlier posts in this thread?

It is a timed exclusive on Steam. It will be available through the usual channels for FSX Boxed (and assumingly P3D) on July 5.

Also that release will be the one which has the liveries in it.

Novawing24
    What the site says is this: "Available NOW exclusively via the Dovetail Games FSX Steam Edtion portal, only $19.99 until July 5." I understand that as the model being available at the price of $19.95 until July 5th. Unless I completely missed it, there's nothing on the site that mentions the model being made available for FSX-A or P3D after that date. Maybe someone from Virtiavia will chime in and clarify their plans for this model?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by iflyfsx214 View Post
    It will not be available to purchase outside of FSX-SE. It was made exclusively for DTG.

But, I did test it in FSX-Acceleration and P3Dv3 during development.

Members who have read this thread: 0