Virtavia E-2C Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia E-2C Released

I agree with the above sentiments and generally feel this is a closed case. I want to go on record as saying, obviously this model hasn't gone the way us users nor the original developer would have liked. Our disappointment is mutual, not apart. I still enjoy flying my AJ Savage frequently as it is a unique and satisfying model to use in the sim. Hopefully we'll be seeing the next model before long and enjoy it as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    That's a silly answer. If a product isn't up to snuff, that isn't "buyers remorse". We aren't given any insight in how flawed a flight simulator addon is before buying. Hell, if I had to buy a brand new $55,000 Corvette without the benefit of a test drive and it turns out the wheels steered in the opposite direction -- you wouldn't catch me feeling bad for how many hours the engineers in Michigan spent on it.

Also, Groom Lake Simulations has discovered that the textures are mirrored, making US Navy textures next to impossible.

And as for the "why don't you just shut up and get FSX SE" sentiment some are voicing, there are a couple reasons. One, I have boxed, and no reason to buy the same simulation in a different format. Two, as someone that used Steam in the past, I'm not a fan of giving a third party entity full time access to my computer through a connection that is always open, sending and receiving information. Cyber threats are constantly taking down corporations that are far more secure and protected than Steam.

See ? Misconstrued.

I said "Buyers remorse " is not a reason for a refund. So I'll use your car analogy if I may. Lets take the 55,000 corvette. You take it out , it works as described. The grin on your face is so wide you could audition for Joker. EVerything is perfect. You buy the car. Then 2 days or even a week later you have buyers remorse and want a refund. There isnt anything wrong with the car. The engineers in michigan did their jobs admirably. But for whatever reason you now feel that it was a purchase that you shouldnt have ( not got permission, or a stretch on funds, the honeymoon period is over ) made. This is not the fault of the car manufacturer. It isnt the fault of chevrolet. It is not a reason for a refund.

That said there are valid reasons for a refund. So point form again.

1. I said buyers remorse is not a reason for a refund.
    2. I offered no opinion on what should constitute a refund.

Lastly.
    Quite willing to accept that buyers remorse means something different in america or the rest of the world. Here in aus it means the person is having second thoughts AFTER buying the product.

My choice of words in my refund post has kicked up the conversation here a bit.
    I used the term "buyer's remorse" to simply mean I regretted buying the plane. Specifically, my regrets were that the ailerons were reversed and the radome didn't rotate. I was originally willing to live with both of those shortfalls, then I reconsidered. My purchase was within Steam's parameters for granting a refund so I requested one and it was approved. Nothing against DTG, except I think the aileron glitch should have been caught and (just my opinion) the revolving radome is an essential animation feature on a E-2C that should have been included. Had they disapproved my refund I would have sucked it up, flown the plane, and hoped for an update that at least fixed the ailerons, and maybe some third-party USN paint jobs. For now I'll use Milton's E-1B "Willy Fudd" for my AEW support.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    My choice of words in my refund post has kicked up the conversation here a bit.
    I used the term "buyer's remorse" to simply mean I regretted buying the plane. Specifically, my regrets were that the ailerons were reversed and the radome didn't rotate. I was originally willing to live with both of those shortfalls, then I reconsidered. My purchase was within Steam's parameters for granting a refund so I requested one and it was approved. Nothing against DTG, except I think the aileron glitch should have been caught and (just my opinion) the revolving radome is an essential animation feature on a E-2C that should have been included. Had they disapproved my refund I would have sucked it up, flown the plane, and hoped for an update that at least fixed the ailerons, and maybe some third-party USN paint jobs. For now I'll use Milton's E-1B "Willy Fudd" for my AEW support.
    "buyers remorse" can mean anything you want it to be. dont feel bad that you might of hurt someones feelings, its your money and your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post

I said "Buyers remorse " is not a reason for a refund. So I'll use your car analogy if I may. Lets take the 55,000 corvette. You take it out , it works as described. The grin on your face is so wide you could audition for Joker. EVerything is perfect. You buy the car. Then 2 days or even a week later you have buyers remorse and want a refund.not a reason for a refund.
    Too bad that's not what's happening.

Admins, not sure how you guys feel about it but it might be safe to assume that this thread has run it's course (just so things don't spiral further downward).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hope you don´t mind if i disagree with you StormILM. No need to close it i think, if people refrain from give opinion on Virtavia´s business (myself included) and start to talk about the plane itself. I saw pretty good information about who´s doing paints for it already, it´s flaws, corrections on the way, etc. I may go for it if some corrections described on the topic surface in the future
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

It seems that Repaints may be an issue.

Groom Lake Sims have declared they are closing their production line of repaints following the discovery of mirroring used on the Vertical stabilizers.

Sad news indeed.

There goes all the CAG birds I was planning.....

There's light at the end of the tunnel afterall. I saw where Dino posted that he is going ahead with both an E-2C and C-2A and aiming for a 2017 release! I will gladly buy both models when the time comes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Novawing24 View Post
    It seems that Repaints may be an issue.

Groom Lake Sims have declared they are closing their production line of repaints following the discovery of mirroring used on the Vertical stabilizers.

Sad news indeed.

There goes all the CAG birds I was planning.....
    The vertical fins themselves were not mirrored. They were reversed on the starboard sides which is an inconvenience but is not the end of the world and certainly would not put a stop to repaints. The issue was that one texture for the back half of the fin, the moving split rudder, had been reused for all four surfaces. This worked perfectly for the customer's requirements, and anyone who just wanted to fly it as is, but not so much for us repainters. Anything that takes up half the surface us going to have some unusual markings in it so that had to be fixed if any repaints were going to happen.

A couple fellow simmers on FB pointed this out to me and I forwarded their example images to Phil. Based on the new MDL file I checked out last night that has issue has been corrected. There was enough room on the texture to add in three more rudder sections.

My understanding is that all of the files have been sent to DTG so it is on their timeline now for pushing down the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Admins, not sure how you guys feel about it but it might be safe to assume that this thread has run it's course (just so things don't spiral further downward).
    Hardly. We're just getting started. You chose to bug out too soon. Please don't ruin it for the rest of everyone else. Things are getting fixed through this discussion. No spiral downward. I'm trying to bring positive reports with each post. Let it run the normal 10 days please.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    The vertical fins themselves were not mirrored. They were reversed on the starboard sides which is an inconvenience but is not the end of the world and certainly would not put a stop to repaints. The issue was that one texture for the back half of the fin, the moving split rudder, had been reused for all four surfaces. This worked perfectly for the customer's requirements, and anyone who just wanted to fly it as is, but not so much for us repainters. Anything that takes up half the surface us going to have some unusual markings in it so that had to be fixed if any repaints were going to happen.

A couple fellow simmers on FB pointed this out to me and I forwarded their example images to Phil. Based on the new MDL file I checked out last night that has issue has been corrected. There was enough room on the texture to add in three more rudder sections.

My understanding is that all of the files have been sent to DTG so it is on their timeline now for pushing down the updates.
    You have no idea how excited and happy I am to hear that!

That´s good news endeed
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Hardly. We're just getting started. You chose to bug out too soon. Please don't ruin it for the rest of everyone else. Things are getting fixed through this discussion. No spiral downward. I'm trying to bring positive reports with each post. Let it run the normal 10 days please.
    Frank and crew to the rescue ! This bird has potential , just hold on people !

If Virtavia E-2C is avaliable in Israeli air force livery for FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2, then Virtavia can count on me as SECOND TIME customer as long as it is on sale. Bought their C-17 Globemaster last year or 2 years ago and it is AWESOME!

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    If Virtavia E-2C is avaliable in Israeli air force livery for FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2, then Virtavia can count on me as SECOND TIME customer as long as it is on sale. Bought their C-17 Globemaster last year or 2 years ago and it is AWESOME!

Regards,

Aharon
    I'm waiting for Phil to get the go-ahead from DTG before he sends me the texture masters. My part of the textures are finished, just waiting for the panel line and stencil layers. The Israel Air Force E-2C were painted in the two grays the F-15s were painted in so not just a matter of painting on the Star of David insignia.

Something you should realize thought, this model only works in the FSX-SE version from Dovetail Games via Steam. On sale now by the way.

As a long time customer of Alphasim and then Virtavia, I hate to see us FSX "Original" customers shut out. I for one do not care for how Steam does business. I will be with FSX/Acceleration until it runs it's course and then migrate to P3D. I am NOT knocking anyone or their preferences, simply stating my opinion.

Frank,

Thanks for answers and for painting Israeli air force livery. I am hoping that Virtavia will release this model for FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 use.

Very kind and awesome of you to paint Israeli air force livery for that plane!

Since I notice you are official Virtavia livery painter staff member, I am wondering if you do fictional repaints. I always want Israeli air force livery on Virtavia C-17 Globemaster.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Frank,

Thanks for answers and for painting Israeli air force livery. I am hoping that Virtavia will release this model for FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 use.

Very kind and awesome of you to paint Israeli air force livery for that plane!

Since I notice you are official Virtavia livery painter staff member, I am wondering if you do fictional repaints. I always want Israeli air force livery on Virtavia C-17 Globemaster.

Regards,

Aharon
    If you read this entire thread and you will see that this E-2C does not belong to Virtavia, it belongs Dovetail Games on Steam.
    And as such it has been encrypted to only work on their version of FSX and not the old boxed FSX or P3D. Again, ... sorry.
    And sorry again, I don't paint fiction (unless it's a Mirage).

Oh I see Thanks for clarification and explanations. Did not realize that E-2C is exclusive property of Dovetail company.

Thanks again,

Aharon

Mods and Developers - Since there are going to be DTG only Steam addons, would it make sense to either, make a dedicated stickie thread for those addons - or - ask that they be placed in the DTG FSX Steam forum (is there one?)

Seems to me we could avoid some frustration or extra distraction in this forum if some steps were taken on this.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Just to be sure, it's not portable to P3D?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    Just to be sure, it's not portable to P3D?
    No, It's not!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Mods and Developers - Since there are going to be DTG only Steam addons, would it make sense to either, make a dedicated stickie thread for those addons - or - ask that they be placed in the DTG FSX Steam forum (is there one?)

Seems to me we could avoid some frustration or extra distraction in this forum if some steps were taken on this.
    I understand your concern Heywooood but we seem to be growing FsX related forums I would however like posters of new releases to check whether they are Dovetail exclusive and post as such so we FsXA users don't waste our time!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members who have read this thread: 0