New Maxtac Fire Bomber

Thread: New Maxtac Fire Bomber

New Maxtac Fire Bomber

Massimo has uploaded a new CL-415 with VC. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but the VC looks brilliant from the documentation! (Dridit for the HU goes to BB686!)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...1474&catid=205
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

ttfn

Pete

Are any of these (or the original recip birds) flying in the states? I've seen pics of birds in Canada and , I think, Europe but not the US. Are they still building them?

Thanks
    Norm

I saw one at a local airshow a few years back. I remember it was in the yellow/red colors, but don't remember who the operator was.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by normb View Post
    Are any of these (or the original recip birds) flying in the states? I've seen pics of birds in Canada and , I think, Europe but not the US. Are they still building them?

Thanks
    Norm
    According to the Bombardier website, the PT6A powered 415 is the only model currently in production.

But the production ended last year after about 100 CL-415 built in 20 years.

Bombardier have dropped the old Canadair CL prefix; its just known as Bombardier 415 now,
    Still on production list and powered by a PW120 series; not a PT6 variant.

ttfn

Pete

Yep, you are right for the CL-415 name use. It is now Bombardier 415, but the plane is certified as CL-215-6B11. But, in France, we called them always Canadair or CL-415 as they were bought when this name was in use...

The engines are PW-123AF.

The type is no longer in production as the plant in North Bay, Ontario, had been dismantled.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredem View Post

The type is no longer in production as the plant in North Bay, Ontario, had been dismantled.
    Not strictly true; North Bay was final assembly. Components manufactured in Montreal.
    The order book was empty, further orders will be assembled in Montreal as and when needed.
    Im off to Bombardier for recurrent training soon, Ill ask then.

ttfn

Pete

Don't bother them

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle26816813/

If the Bombardier 415 can get some firm orders, Bombardier will reconsider to restart the production...

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I usually have a pair of these doing practice pick-ups and drops around my place, twice weekly, throughout the year.

Had a laugh, a year or 2 ago, when 1 of them approached the beach, switched off, and there was the intructor and student with legs dangling out of the hatch and having a quick smoke.

Miss the old cl-215s though - pair of them at a couple of hundred feet, listening to slight throttle/pitch changes on those big, throbbong P&W R-2800s is a heck of a sight and sound to behold.

EDIT: Great Spanish vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w6N3LQ5uR8

Awesome one for R-2800 nostalgia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov9fXzGipZ4
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

I have the 215 version of this model, using the sounds from my trusty ol' Harpoon that you did Nigel. Seems to fill the bill nicely.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

how they will called them (if the production restarts, Vikins own all the old DHC models, with the only exception of the DHC-8 and derivative - I have a doubt about the DHC-7 - but only the DHC-6 Twin Otter is now under production) Viking CL-415 ?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...583658131.html

As new as this announcement is, you can only speculate as to what name will be used. The current Twin Otter production retains the DHC-6 designation, so my guess would be that Viking will use either the original CL-415 or the more recent 415. Their website still hasn't even been updated to include the Super Scooper yet.

Oh, and thanks for the HU - I'm putting a link to this article in the Newshawks.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Good news about Viking. They seem to be doing pretty well with the Twotter. Not often in that an outfit can actually get an old bird back into production and make a financial go of it.

Norm

Members who have read this thread: 0