Merged threads: New A2A Captain Of The Ship
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merged threads: New A2A Captain Of The Ship

Merged threads: New A2A Captain Of The Ship

A2A are currently developing only their second Captain Of The Ship Aircraft which they say is so far along its nearly in the BETA stages it will be revealed on the 11th/12th of this month. Cant wait to see what it is im guessing it might be a Connie or DC3.

Connie, Connie, Connie........ Oh PLEASE let it be a Connie
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    It would be good but to be honest I would prefer a DC3 ive seen so many people on their Facebook page and Forum ask if they are ever going to do.

SOH-CM-2023
    I would also like to see a model of the DC-2/C-39 published and, if possible, the original DC-1. That would complete the DC series as the -4 thru -7 series already has been published. I know there is a DC-2 model published but I opine it's time for a new one.

Judging by the empty 'reserved' ramp space they are showing in that FB screenshot, it's obvious it's a large aircraft on the order of the B377. Maybe I'm wrong but I strongly suspect it's a Connie/Super Connie or DC-6/7. I also noticed the superimposed emblem on the corner of the reserved ramp space and take it as some sort of hint. Either way, a few days from now we will know the deal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whatever it is, I am looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    I CONCUR and agree Agree AGREE

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I also noticed the superimposed emblem on the corner of the reserved ramp space and take it as some sort of hint.
    According to a post on the A2A forums, the emblem is of Virgo, the Zodiac sign. Which might suggest a Constellation (since Virgo is one), or maybe something more obscure.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails virgo.jpg  
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

please for the love of God be a L-749...

I recognise that girl, its my aunt Ju(52)

Cheers,
    Huub

What ever it is if its got Accu-Sim its guaranteed to be a good one. I recently purchased Accu-Sim for my P-51 and I am loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    "Alta Tante Ju!"
    Ya then get all these P-51's .... or even the ole MkI or II Spitfire chewing your tail off !

Well.... if it would be a Connie....

dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

I suspect it may well be a Connie, but I hope for a Lancastrian.

Cool Constellation, Ju-52, DC-6 whatever, blind purchase

Whenever my retirement time arrives, I will have PLENTY of planes to fly.

Currently I'm more a collector than a pilot

Let it be a HELICOPTER!

no???
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Quote Originally Posted by CHBTheDoctor View Post
    Whenever my retirement time arrives, I will have PLENTY of planes to fly.

Currently I'm more a collector than a pilot
    Two of those planes are sitting at Munich Airport, plus the DC3.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

With the Constellation Virgo symbol in A2A pic, as Alan has shown would suggest the "Connie" Lockheed Constellation.

Hmm.. a Ju52 would certainly float my boat but I can't see me forking out for a Connie until it appears in a sale. Got nothing against Connie's at all but it'd end up like their Strat.. flown half a dozen times (at most) then left languishing in some quiet corner of a hard drive. Come to think of it.. this applies to their Mustang's, P40, P47, B17 and Texan. The only one I fly with any sort of regularity is their Spitfire. A fool and his money

ATB
    DaveB

You know that's about it for me too. I only fly if I'm working on projects offered to me. I stopped buying knowing it would be parked. I like a lot of these recent models, but I know I won't be putting much hours on them.

Hmmm... let's see now.

I have the Connie by JF, and the DC-3 (C-47) by M$, Manfred, and JF, and the Ju-52 by Oliver Fischer.

I wish it were a native FSX B-25 Mitchell, but I'll go for a new Connie.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hmm.. a Ju52 would certainly float my boat but I can't see me forking out for a Connie until it appears in a sale. Got nothing against Connie's at all but it'd end up like their Strat.. flown half a dozen times (at most) then left languishing in some quiet corner of a hard drive. Come to think of it.. this applies to their Mustang's, P40, P47, B17 and Texan. The only one I fly with any sort of regularity is their Spitfire. A fool and his money

ATB
    DaveB
    A common problem Dave. From A2A I still fly the Bf109 and the WOP3 (pre-accusim) P40, the rest is collecting dust in a dark corner of the HD hanger.
    The only multi engined aircraft I fly are all reasonably easy to fly freeware models.

So although I really appreciate the effort A2A has put into a now model, I will limit myself to enjoying the screenshots made by others.

BTW my comment about the Ju52 was just a joke. I assume it will be Constellation as this is commercially more interesting.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    BTW my comment about the Ju52 was just a joke. I assume it will be Constellation as this is commercially more interesting.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Now you tell us..

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Curtiss C-46 Commando

BEEN NEGLECTED LONG ENOUGH..FLYING HISTORIC LEGEND.....WOULD BE NICE!!...VERY NICE!! THE CURTISS C-46 COMMANDO!

Members who have read this thread: 0