Hawker Sea Hawk P3D FSX 10_16
Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawker Sea Hawk P3D FSX 10_16

Hawker Sea Hawk P3D FSX 10_16

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/index.html

That's great news isn't it?

Cees
    Last edited by stovall; October 16th, 2016 at 08:46.

It certainly is Cees! The FS2004 model by Steve Beeny was very nice, but due to the mirrored wing textures not usable to create Dutch repaints.

Looking forward to this one.

Cheer,
    Huub

Blog Entries

Suez/mid-late 50s military is a bit bare in this sim, esp naval. This is great news.

dl

That is very good news indeed! I have been missing a good FSX model of this significant early British naval jet fighter. In my view these early jets have a lot more charm than the more polished super fighters of later decades.
    But I also hope that Rob has not given up on the Barracuda!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Yes, very pleasant news indeed!

Wow! What a treat, Rob sure is being very generous. Mike

One of the most elegant FAA aircraft from that period.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    That is very good news indeed! I have been missing a good FSX model of this significant early British naval jet fighter. In my view these early jets have a lot more charm than the more polished super fighters of later decades.
    But I also hope that Rob has not given up on the Barracuda!

Not given up on the Barracuda Jens, just tackling a few easier shapes first, in my new modelling programme.

Rob

Wing folding animation on the Barracuda will be a project all by itself. I still haven't been able to figure it out.

That's good to hear Rob :-) It will be quite a sight with the wings folded :-)

Among the Barracudas few successes were the attacks on Tirpitz up in Northern Norway. Even if they were not mortal to the big ship, they were brilliantly executed by the FAA and was part in removing the threat to the convoy's. The effort to sink the Tirpitz with the Norwegian resistance providing "close target recce" and the midget submarine attacks, FAA attacks and the final and mortal Lancaster raids have become important parts of Norway's war history.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Wing folding animation on the Barracuda will be a project all by itself. I still haven't been able to figure it out.
    Neither could Fairy or the FAA!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The Seahawk (along with the Hunter and Spitfire) were at the top of the list for the most beautiful aircraft. It also goes to the top of my most anticipated model!
    Many thanks, Bill

SOH-CM-2021
    The Supermarine 508 was an elegant looking aircraft in my opinion, and no, I'm certainly not asking Rob to make one.

I don't think it went into service, but there is some footage of trials aboard Eagle on You Tube which look impressive. No catapult, but it's airborne well before the end of the deck.

Den.

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    The Supermarine 508 was an elegant looking aircraft in my opinion, and no, I'm certainly not asking Rob to make one.

I don't think it went into service, but there is some footage of trials aboard Eagle on You Tube which look impressive. No catapult, but it's airborne well before the end of the deck.

Den.
    Very elegant looking indeed.

Cees

Indeed. It hardly seems possible that a company like Supermarine could produce the 508 (later to become the Scimitar) AND the Attacker

ATB
    DaveB

Sure it's al good until you have to deal with Rob's BS link he gives ya. What's up with that crap??

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Sure it's al good until you have to deal with Rob's BS link he gives ya. What's up with that crap??
    Instead of blatant, raging attacks, one could provide constructive comments, such as:

Hey Rob, maybe you could use Google Drive like a number of others, as it's free and should save you bandwidth...

The link worked fine for me, I had more bother with a scenery download recently but a less busy time sorted that. Sometimes the FaceTwit crowd clog the bandwidth.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I do agree with what’s been said about the download problems with “sendspace” and wont use it again.
    I wanted to try it out as space on my website, although not critical, will run out eventually.
    I usually put a download link to my models on my site, and will do in future, but I get very little feedback.
    Although the sendspace link has involved me in a lot of work answering each email, I have had some fantastic
    feedback, had some really interesting comments and information I would not have otherwise received.
    So....sorry about the link, normal service will be resumed.

No need for apologies Rob. A wise lesson for us however. Next time I will provide some feedback.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    I do agree with what’s been said about the download problems with “sendspace” and wont use it again.
    I wanted to try it out as space on my website, although not critical, will run out eventually.
    I usually put a download link to my models on my site, and will do in future, but I get very little feedback.
    Although the sendspace link has involved me in a lot of work answering each email, I have had some fantastic
    feedback, had some really interesting comments and information I would not have otherwise received.
    Have you considered using Google Drive? You get around 15 GB of free space or so, which should be well enough for anyplane, past or future

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post

Rob, any reason why you couldn't post your birds in the Warbirds section here and direct link them from your web page? That would clean up a lot of space for you and nobody here would have a reason to complain.

Yes, Stefano, you are right. My apologies to you, Rob and anyone else I may of offended with my off the cuff comments. May of had a few too many "pops" and became frustrated with the link which Rob so graciously provided me. Turns out my security settings were flagging the link as high risk and wouldn't let me download. After disabling the filter temporarily I was finally able to download the Scimitar. Have not had a chance to add it to the sim yet but if it's anything like Rob's other AC I'm sure it will be top shelf.

Looking at Rob's site... he's posted a picture of the Sea Hawk in SIM and it is looking stunning. Really looking forward to this.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 123