Drzewiecki design grass and snow textures

Thread: Drzewiecki design grass and snow textures

Drzewiecki design grass and snow textures

Looking at the thread on best water textures for FS2004, got me into downloading the above freeware textures to complement the demo version of Drzewiecki's Baku scenery.

The auto-installer was very slick and identified my FS2004 installation OK. However, despite claiming to install the relevant grass textures into my 'scenery\world\texture' folder, nothing appeared to have been installed. Cranking up the sim confirmed this.

The scenery installer for Baku worked fine and the fine scenery for this airport showed up without any activation on my part.

Anyone else had a prob getting these grass textures installed?

Mal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Looking at the thread on best water textures for FS2004, got me into downloading the above freeware textures to complement the demo version of Drzewiecki's Baku scenery.

The auto-installer was very slick and identified my FS2004 installation OK. However, despite claiming to install the relevant grass textures into my 'scenery\world\texture' folder, nothing appeared to have been installed. Cranking up the sim confirmed this.

The scenery installer for Baku worked fine and the fine scenery for this airport showed up without any activation on my part.

Anyone else had a prob getting these grass textures installed?

Mal
    The first installer had an FS9 glitch. They've uploaded a corrected 2.1 version. Try that one. It's a nice improvement but the installer does not have options for installs like GW3.

Tks Hurricane91,

Tried again with the updated files - no joy. Cannot even open the pdf containing the manual.

'The grass is always greener on the other side', not in my case.

Was thinking of freshening up my grass strips in prep for Nigel's Avro Tutor . . . . .

Mal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Tks Hurricane91,

Tried again with the updated files - no joy. Cannot even open the pdf containing the manual.

'The grass is always greener on the other side', not in my case.

Was thinking of freshening up my grass strips in prep for Nigel's Avro Tutor . . . . .

Mal
    The PDF should come up after the install attempt. You might try their support forum.

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/

Lightbulb

This installer check the registry base for find the path of FS2004
    Make a dummy FS2004 (a folder like Dummy FS2004 as name and copy paste in FS9.exe)
    Change the registry path with "FS9Path_Utility.exe" (you cand find at Avsim or Flightsim or Flight1 freeware sites)
    Indicate the new path (the dummy FS2004)
    Install grass texture (installer will point to dummy)
    Now you can indicate again the real FS2004 path !
    Now you can see the files installed
    Hope it's help !

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    ...Now you can see the files installed...
    ... And copy them to your GW or any other additional FS installations if you wish.

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, I'll try that utility.

Members who have read this thread: 0