HH-43 Huskie in FSX....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HH-43 Huskie in FSX....

Members +
    Blog Entries

HH-43 Huskie in FSX....

...Crosses fingers. Just tracking down the authors re: due diligence.
    Almost ready, the mil version, anyway. I've still to go back through the cockpit model to assign the switches- all on placeholders right now, and I'm going to try (god help my sanity threshold) to assign clickspots to everything.
    It looks tres bien, number frakking uno, runs like tequila through the outflow valve on day three of the Juarez Mole and Tequila festival.
    Soon, chalamila, soon....
    Attachment 38533Attachment 38535

did some hi-res work on that one a year or so ago and still fly it. Only thing I could never get right was the rotor effects. . .the ones I have are terrible but I don't see em' much so "out of sight-out of mind", lol

Members +
    Blog Entries
    As far as I got with it. Paul Dee is MIA, Mick had not been able to track him down, nothing in the readme's. So, I guess this falls under the MS EULA- 'restores or adds functionality', no argument, I think this does both. The cockpit needs switch assignments, though.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym...ew?usp=sharing

See ya all on the flipside, sometime, unless the swine manage to drag me down.

Beautiful chopper. I can see a Casa Grande LPD in your capture. Donīt I?

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter7 View Post
    Is this the same Huskie model as the one here?
    http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...huskie.432469/
    I wish, lol. . .that one looks awesome, but it also appears that the developer has gone on to other projects or gotten away from modeling completely. No this one that Lazarus is doing is an older, but still decent Heli.
    Last edited by falcon409; June 3rd, 2016 at 21:45.

Great job on the Huskie!!

New skins and reworked interior textures.

Nice...

You okay on reference shots?

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thanks WH and yes, I've got plenty of reference material.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Laz and Ed - looking forward to this. Perfect little bird for short utility hops, esp around KEDW.

Will there be a AFRS paint in there? Something like this:

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...act=mrc&uact=8

Those USMC and Navy versions will be enjoyed too!!!

Cheers gents,

DL

DL, there are already some repaints like that in the download actually. Three to be exact. I don't know the ser. no.'s right off so they may not be AFRES, but if not I'll find some that are. A few things that would make it even better (but I think Lazarus is done with what he can do). . .remapping the gauge panel in the VC so the gauges can be moved/replaced, etc. and working avionics in the center console and overhead. As it is, it flies great!

I overlooked this topic.
    This model looks quite cool, I didn't know about this helicopter at all until now.
    Thanks for the hard work, gentlemen

Some changes made to font style for all decals and additional decals added along with a few other enhancements. Just a few more things I spotted after the fact and I'll post this for download.

Lookin' great Ed

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    DL, there are already some repaints like that in the download actually. Three to be exact. I don't know the ser. no.'s right off so they may not be AFRES, but if not I'll find some that are. A few things that would make it even better (but I think Lazarus is done with what he can do). . .remapping the gauge panel in the VC so the gauges can be moved/replaced, etc. and working avionics in the center console and overhead. As it is, it flies great!
    Thanks Ed.

Sorry - I thought it was still in WIP - had not seen the download yet.

Looking forward to it, for sure.

dl

Any chance for a SEA rescue bird without the rear doors and in the sea scheme? Those ARRS boys really showed guts flying the Huskie into North Vietnam on CSAR missions.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Thanks Ed.
    Sorry - I thought it was still in WIP - had not seen the download yet.
    Looking forward to it, for sure.

dl
    Ah, ok. . .yea this Marine livery is still being worked on, but the Helicopter itself can be downloaded via Lazarus' link up top.

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Any chance for a SEA rescue bird without the rear doors and in the sea scheme? Those ARRS boys really showed gust flying the Huskie into North Vietnam on CSAR missions.
    The SEA scheme shouldn't be a problem, but the "No-Doors" probably won't happen because I think Lazarus has done all he can with the model. I may be wrong, but I believe that's the case.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Ah, ok. . .yea this Marine livery is still being worked on, but the Helicopter itself can be downloaded via Lazarus' link up top.
    Perfect - thanks Ed. Still trying to catch up on all the models released in the last few months - having been away, I'm drinking from the proverbial fire hose!

Yes, just looked in the zip, and it'll have all the Huskie paints I'll need. Your USMC paint is looking good, btw!

dl

Members +
    Blog Entries
    That's fantastic work, Falcon- love to see a SEA scheme, one day. No doors- the clamshells are on a visibility condition, I reckon the rest of the doors could be set on the same condition, or write up a custom condition and assign it. Eventually, I'll revisit this and finish up the VC. I'd purely love to know why assigning click-spots work on one model, but not on the next. Right now, all the fs stuff is parked on USB drives- as a type II individual-lazy and easily distracted, maybe slightly loaded-I'll avail meself of any distraction or excuse to avoid an unpleasant chore like cutting 600 pages or sneaking back into canadastan to threaten that evil bastich of an editor. Sorry 'bout the civil variants getting the short end, civvie aviating is dull- as odious and unpleasant as rosie o'donnell in yoga trousers. (Hey! How come there is no emoticon for ' I just went blind in one eye'...)

Yup, Alberto, Casa Grande, or in that case USS Dry Tortuga. Thanks for the Galicia mod, too.

The Marine livery has been uploaded to the SOH library and so in the interim, here is a quick download link for those who wish to give it a look a bit sooner.

https://app.box.com/s/ns08q6dzndaoxa517ikq88agpa8yvz4c

Let me know if you have any problems.

Blog Entries
    Great little eggbeater bird. Love it.

Thanks!

DL

AI Version

I was just wondering if anybody has been successful in making an AI version of this great model? In the past I have been able to convert numerous helicopters for AI using directions from a Hovercontrol download which has examples of several different helicopter models.

I have run smack dab into a brick wall on this one.

So with Lazarus' permission if there's any of you'll here at the Outhouse who knows how to make one, I'm sure there are plenty of us who would like a copy.

I really like your Marine livery Falcon.

RD

I like helos that I can actually land on the deck of a destroyer or frigate and I can with the Huskie. Thank you Laz and Ed. How do you open the rear doors?

Members who have read this thread: 0