D-Day install problems

Thread: D-Day install problems

D-Day install problems

I downloaded the D-Day addon, not I get error messages upon start up.

The messages are the program can not find areas 135,136,137,138 and 139.

I have looked for these and I can not find what it is looking for. has anyone any idea as to were these files are and how to fix them?

Any one have an idea as to a fix?

Where did you get the file from and what's the name, I can see if I can figure it out.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

I got the addon here; http://fsclassics.com/free-stuff/free-stuff/

Probably should buy the program to see if it cures the problem. If you have any idea as to what to do I would be appreciated.

Thanks

I could be wrong, but I think the problem lies here:

It ALSO includes the (first) Defense and Attack phases of Courseulles-sur-Mer. This part of the Juno sector, called Mike Beach, was assigned to the Winnipeg Rifles of Canada. I have included this first module (of many to follow) so you will have the basic folder structure of your D-Day Project already in place after installation. All subsequent freeware modules of the D-Day Project will be loaded into these folders and no further entries in the scenery.cfg are necessary.

Apparently it adds folders to the scenery.cfg for later modules, but right now those folders are still empty, so it is looking for scenery that has been added to to .cfg but isn't really there yet.
    Kind of sloppy way to do things, in my opinion.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    It may be that there is a slash (\) missing in your scenery.config file between ‘Flight Simulator X’ and the rest of the filename of each of the missing sceneries. That was a problem that I had. I think Francois gave the solution (I could never have thought of this myself).<o></o>

This was what I was looking for, I will look into this. It has been driving me nuts with these messages.

Thanks

The (\) were missing. I replaced the \.

Unfortunately that did not cure the problem. The messages still come up upon startup. I am at a lost as to what is going on here.

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Astoroth View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think the problem lies here:

It ALSO includes the (first) Defense and Attack phases of Courseulles-sur-Mer. This part of the Juno sector, called Mike Beach, was assigned to the Winnipeg Rifles of Canada. I have included this first module (of many to follow) so you will have the basic folder structure of your D-Day Project already in place after installation. All subsequent freeware modules of the D-Day Project will be loaded into these folders and no further entries in the scenery.cfg are necessary.

Apparently it adds folders to the scenery.cfg for later modules, but right now those folders are still empty, so it is looking for scenery that has been added to to .cfg but isn't really there yet.
    Kind of sloppy way to do things, in my opinion.
    I am going to delete these entries to see what happens. Of course I will back up the complete file

Members who have read this thread: 0