Monaco

Thread: Monaco

Monaco

Strange qualifying sessions! Most drivers were faster in Q2 than in Q3.

A not so bright manouvre from our young Dutch talent. It was only Q1, so the 14th time is sufficient. No reason to push it this hard in his first lap. Bad luck for Lewis, but in the end he did a good job by qualifying 3rd.

I'm not able to see the race as I have other obligations, but it will be an interesting one. Ricciardo on harder tyres than the rest. And perhaps some rain.

But isn't Monaco always an interesting race.....

Cheers,
    Huub

The start grid:

1. D. Ricciardo Red Bull
    2. N. Rosberg Mercedes Grand Prix

3. L. Hamilton Mercedes Grand Prix
    4. S. Vettel Ferrari

5. N. Hulkenberg Force India F1
    6. C. Sainz Jr. Scuderia Toro Rosso

7. S. Perez Force India F1
    8. D. Kvyat Scuderia Toro Rosso

9. F. Alonso McLaren
    10. V. Bottas Williams

11. K. Raikkonen Ferrari
    12. E. Gutiérrez Haas

13. J. Button McLaren
    14. F. Massa Williams

15. R. Grosjean Haas
    16. K. Magnussen Renault

17. M. Ericsson Sauber
    18. J. Palmer Renault

19. R. Haryanto Manor Racing
    20. P. Wehrlein Manor Racing

21. M. Verstappen Red Bull (will start from the pitts in a new chassis)
    22. F. Nasr Sauber

I only saw some flashes of the race, including the Red Bull tyre change . Nevertheless a good run by Lewis and a well deserved win.

Max made it an expensive weekend for Red Bull. Two cars in one weekend, won't make the team happy......

Cheers,
    Huub

Not a happy Daniel......two 'probable' race wins in a row lost by 'Management Stupidity'.
    If Ferrari are really clever they should be talking to Ricciardo right now.
    Great to see Perez get a podium, and the 'Hulk' nip through on Roseberg at the very last.
    I guess Verstappen now understands the term 'Hero to Zero', Marko's face on Saturday and today was well worth the price of admission!!

Hamilton did do well, but it appears he has 'God' and Justin Bieber on his side.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Question

I had to leave the race for a bit....Nico was in 2nd...what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    I had to leave the race for a bit....Nico was in 2nd...what happened?
    This evening the whole race was broadcasted again after the Indy500 so I was able to see it after all.

Nico couldn't keep his pace on a wet track. Nico let his team mate pass as Lewis was much faster in the wet. He seemed a bit faster on the dry track, but than he was stuck behind Alonso. At the end of the race there was some rain again, due to which he was overtaken by Hulkenberg.

Wombat: Personally I think the Max Verstappen's race was quite impressive until his crash. In less than half race he managed to get from P22 on the grid to P9 in the race. And I saw some very smooth overtaking on a circuit which is known as the circuit where this is nearly impossible. I think Dr Helmut Marko is clever enough to know that this could be one of the consequences of putting a very young driver in a top formula one car. The crash in qualification was definitely a stupid action. Losing your car in the race like this could happen to anyone. In lap 64 or 65 I saw Vettel locking his left wheel at exactly the same point, with nearly the same consequences. He was just lucky the track was a bit more dry. Overal I think the very bad tyre change from Ricciardo, which made him loose the race, and the crash caused by Kvyat give Dr Helmut Marko more reason for concerns.

I saw great races from India Force and MacLaren Honda. The results from Alonso and Button showed the chassis is quite good, but the engine lacks power.
    The Sauber team..... well I think they really need to do some serious talking.

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon2

Tks for the update Huub!

Huub, agreed Verstappen made excellent progress up until he hit the wall, partly assisted by several other cars ending up in the wall as well.
    Even the 'Ice Man' screwed up!
    In one way I think Verstappen being promoted has allowed Carlos Sainz to shine, and he did at Monaco, while Kvyat fell foul of yet another STR cockup.
    Yes indeed, Sauber have a big problem with overblown egos getting in the way.

I have a personal reason for detesting Helmut Marko which goes back decades ........... which I'll keep off the forum.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0