Ryan PT-22 Recruit

Thread: Ryan PT-22 Recruit

Ryan PT-22 Recruit

Last week the wife and I took a little trip for an overnight stay in Port Townsend, WA. On the second day of our stay I discovered this great air museum, the Port Townsend Aero Museum.

They have a fantastic collection of flyable aircraft, all resorted by local youngsters. I was especially drawn to their PT-22 Recruit as you can see by the following pictures.

After we returned home and unpacked, I researched and added the GAS PT-22 to my fleet. Great addition.

I'd like to find a repaint for the GAS PT-22 to match the museum's aircraft, but I was unable to find any paint kit or repaints. Anyone have any suggestions or know where there might be some repaints around? Or are there any painters in the group interested in taking this on?

Anyways, we were very impressed with this museum, its collection and the effort of all their young volunteers. Wish we had something like this closer to home.

Cheers
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

PS - Here's another shot of the PT-22 with more from the museum collection.

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 1