Just uploaded a T-33

Thread: Just uploaded a T-33

Just uploaded a T-33

Just uploaded T-33 51-4025 (TR-025) to the Warbirds Library here. It's for the FSX native conversion of Piglet's T-33 and I used Ed Wells (falcon409)'s paint kit to do it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-may-28-002.jpg   Flt 19-2016-may-28-001.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Oh, I like that Willy. Nice job. I'll be adding that to what I already have.

Anyone who had downloaded it, might want to d/l it again. I made an oopsy and instead of the .dds exterior texture file, I uploaded the .pdn file. FSX took exception to that and rewarded me with a black model. I just uploaded the corrected .zip file.

Thanks Ed! I couldn't have done as good a job without your paint kit. Which by the way, has caused me to totally redo my P/F-80 paint kit that I've been working on for ages.

There's a few more T-33s that I'm looking at doing as well.

Some additional information on this tail number from the readme. It was built in 1951 and 2 years later was assigned to the 3520th Pilot Training Wing at what was at that time Wichita Municipal and later McConnell AFB. It apparently remained there until 1962 when it was removed from active status and brought under the control of the National Museum of the US Air Force, which oversees all static displays both on civilian property as well as those on Military Bases.

Again, nice job Willy, too bad the static display doesn't look as good as your rendition. . .it's rare to see one displayed in public areas that's ever kept up at all.

South of Possum Lodge in the 6ix, somewhere near YKZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I used Ed Wells (falcon409)'s paint kit to do it.
    Ed, is the paint kit freely available? I've been asked to do some of the 6 CT-133's that JAM in London fly.

Thanks.

Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by HalfSaw View Post
    Ed, is the paint kit freely available? I've been asked to do some of the 6 CT-133's that JAM in London fly.
    Thanks.
    Douglas
    Yes it is. If you do a search for falcon409 and limit to the FSX area, you'll find it. I'll post a link in a bit!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&page=4
    Last edited by falcon409; May 28th, 2016 at 10:03. Reason: PK Link!

South of Possum Lodge in the 6ix, somewhere near YKZ
    Thanks Ed. Don't know how I missed that but I must have scrolled by it at least a dozen times.

TTFN

Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by HalfSaw View Post
    Thanks Ed. Don't know how I missed that but I must have scrolled by it at least a dozen times.
    TTFN
    Douglas
    I hadn't noticed really, but it's marked for the FS9 area, and it should be FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Some additional information on this tail number from the readme. It was built in 1951 and 2 years later was assigned to the 3520th Pilot Training Wing at what was at that time Wichita Municipal and later McConnell AFB. It apparently remained there until 1962 when it was removed from active status and brought under the control of the National Museum of the US Air Force, which oversees all static displays both on civilian property as well as those on Military Bases.

Again, nice job Willy, too bad the static display doesn't look as good as your rendition. . .it's rare to see one displayed in public areas that's ever kept up at all.
    I just remember it from seeing it at the park when we'd go to town and once in a while actually stopping there for a bit. It got in pretty rough shape at one point, so they fenced it in and gave it that paint job. I don't know if it's been repainted since. I'm not real sure if it's even still there. I know locally, not much is known about it. In the 60s there was an Air Force detachment at Texarkana Airport, I always kind of figured they were involved with it's going to the park.

A nice Willy And despite all the advertising by several companies, Piglet's T-33 is still the only one around for FSX, and I do not see another one available soon.

Cheers,
    Huub

Heck, I don't feel deprived with Piglets!

Got a Bundesluftwaffe one close to being finished.

Members who have read this thread: 0