Yak-130 reworking for high resolution 4096 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yak-130 reworking for high resolution 4096

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    That really doesn't sound repainters friendly, but at least your result looks very good

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub....it gets worse.
    What part that was supposedly the right wing leading edge but wasn't....would you believe that was only the case for 95% of it. In fact...the right-most bit [about 5%] is actually the first 5% of the right wing leading edge...closest to the root.
    Only the other 95% is 'nothing'.

Menef ...I think this might have been one of Hadi's first aircraft...and he'd moved on to others before a bit more effort had been put into it.

The standard VC is a little wanting...and I'm in the throes of not just aliasing the MS FA18 VC to it...but also creating a 'matching' 2D panel to suit.
    The Yak's a glass cockpit and it has 2 motors...so the 18 isn't too far wrong.

Being native it's simple enough to add whatever VC is preferred.
    Dunno about the FDE .... no idea what the real plane would be like [and I'm no pilot]...

THANK you Mister Jafo.
    The more you do, the less you dream

A 'very' early screenie of what the 2D panel might end up ....coming from a screencap of the VC of the standard MS FA18.
    Early days...but the Hud's working fine...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak-130 panel1.jpg  

Suddenly realized I'd already done a 2D ver of the MS FA18 ....about 2 years ago....

Dragged it screaming across to the 130 and here it is...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak130D 02.jpg  

Decided that 2 years later I could improve it a little....original bmp was a bland screencap....so used a better one...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak-130 panel3.jpg  

This isn't so much a 2D for the Yak as a 2D version of the FA18...as that's what it's from.

Took a bit of xml writing new ones, but now I've matched the steam gauges from the VC...Fuel [with analog rolls] Alt, Airspeed, and VSI.

More to do, as always...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak-130 panel4.jpg  

Lots of fun and games....but I've managed to get the light sequence right for the Flaps Indicator to match the VC....and the AOA Indexer dimmer switch dims....
    There's a floating sight in the hud too.
    All the steam gauges match the VC as do the glass ones [tho buttons don't do anything....yet].
    Eventually it'll be effectively a 2D copy of the default FA18 VC.
    It's all one tiny victory over another ....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak-130 panel6.jpg  

Still chasing xml for various gauges....
    Latest issue is my masks aren't working for the twin counter-rotating disk oil pressure gauges.

Masks are supposed to hide the stuff you want to mask....but they ain't.

Nothing beats blood, sweat and tears....

Got all of the gas gauges pretty much spot on.

Now to try to get the left glass one to switch through the 3 vers - without being able to reverse engineer the FA18.dll.

Worst part of it was proving once and for all that my home-grown method of managing analog number rolls was wrong.... counting sequence was 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-0-0. Getting that sorted meant I had to go through some older panels and fix em all.

Here's the current animal...

[all that work getting the Oil pressure gauge sorted....and you can't read them anyway].

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak-130 panel7.jpg  

Playing with gauges and panels and xml ....it's entertaining [when it works].

I reckon I'm not too far off a 2D 'match' to the MS FA18 VC and its dll.
    All the gauges work....the MFDs are visible/switchable...radio/AP looks like it functions ok. The U/C and Flap indicators are a match.....

And it's all essentially suitable for the Yak.

....but probably time to get back to the paints and upload some...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak-130 panel8.jpg  

My Final 2D panel version of the Default MS FA-18 - a 'suitable' alias for the FSX Yak-130. About the only 'issue' I'm stuck with is dull-looking MFDs from the FA18.dll - a product of the scale I'd shrunk them to to suit the 2D resolution.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak-130 panel-Final.jpg  

Got the annunciators to show 'stuff' and where possible they are legit....and now look like the real thing [ish].
    Canopy opens....mirrors pretend to work...changed the alpha on the various glasses....and still having fun...
    Gotta put that great big canopy jettison lever back in....

.....also added 2 toggles in the 'Bingo' panel to dump/add fuel.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak-130 panel-Final3.jpg  

Canopy lever was simple enough....
    ...now to work out how to get the Go-Nogo lights to function...

Yay...got the lights to work....and respond to flap position....dunno how 'accurate' it is....but appears to lift off OK at the Go speed.
    One day I'll get the hang of XML ...

Added the Go-NoGo functionality to the left Annunciator to match the real McCoy ...with suitable 'visibility' functions [lights shut off after 250 knots or after gear up] ... sorta looks fun when lights do 'stuff' like they are supposed to. Also has a text readout for the V1 [shows 155 knts flaps up].

Not a lot more to do before I can upload this as a2D for the Yak as well as a 2D for the Hornet...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak-130 panel-Final4.jpg  

Jafo looking good so far

hm would be nice to see how it coould look in this Italian Livery
    I know the M346 is bit different in some parts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M-346-1.jpg  

That'd be an easy one.....once I get out of the cockpit and back into painting them I'll throw one together...

In the throes of contacting Hadi with regards to permission for uploading modded files [a complete package] ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    In the throes of contacting Hadi with regards to permission for uploading modded files [a complete package] ...
    Caught up with him today.....and it's a go.

I'll get my ducks in a row and do what is essentially my first complete aircraft rework for public consumption...

Ducks are lining up nicely....just about got everything 'right-ish' for upload....

Here's where the 2D Panel is at...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak-130 panel-Info.jpg  

Done [I hope]....
    Just uploaded the completed critter here....

Yakovlev Yak-130 Light Attack/Trainer for FSX Acceleration [Native]. A 4096 resolution High Definition reworking of Hadi Tahir's original 2008 native model of the Yakovlev Yak-130 for FSX. 7 Included paints of existing Aircraft [thumbnails are actual photos], VC, 2D, effects, etc. Paint Kits in PSP and PSD were uploaded separately. This is the entire aircraft.......by Paul [JAFO] Martin.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak130-Set.jpg  

Outstanding job Paul. I know this was one complicated project for you and it's great to see it completed. Many Thanks!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Amazing job Paul,
    but Is there a way to tweak the FDE and cure the stall tendency a bit?
    at the moment tighter airshow turns lead to stall and crash

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    Amazing job Paul,
    but Is there a way to tweak the FDE and cure the stall tendency a bit?
    at the moment tighter airshow turns lead to stall and crash
    It's not the original air file as the original was continually going nose-up....trim was definitely iffy.

Best I can suggest is finding an air file that may suit better...perhaps swap in the default FA-18...

Members who have read this thread: 0