VR-30 Providers FSX

Thread: VR-30 Providers FSX

VR-30 Providers FSX

This is a "spin-off" from the NAS Alameda thread since it is dedicated solely to the G7-C1AX (available here) repaints that I have done to have VR-30 at our reactivated NAS Alameda. I intend to create an ai flight plan for five of the six assigned aircraft of VR-30 and also the assigned NAS Alameda COD 136055 which repaint comes with the download. Below are two shots of me in the right hand seat and a LT(jg) getting our flight time to qualify for May flight pay parked at Parking 10 on the seaplane ramp with USS Forrestal CVA-59 tied up at the pier in the background. USS Constellation, CVA-64 has just departed for her evening ai-traffic file past San Francisco out into the Pacific for a four hour cruise. I will add a dropbox link to the repaints here and also post them over in the Warbirds Library. I am also going to convert my "Miss America" 136051 C1A Trader texture to dds for FSX later next week.

Notice that we were just issued our new HGU-33 helmets and sage green NOMEX flight suits trading in the old helmets and orange flight suits.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image_160527_212025.jpg   Image_160527_212056.jpg  

This is good news.

Glad you started out on what will be another great adventure to add to the saga of NAS Alameda.
    I don't think that place got as must attention as when the Mythbusters TV show filmed all there experments
    and stunts out on the runways and in the hangers.

Looking forward to the C1A Cod AI traffic. Is that really you in the co-pilots seats?

Its ME

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Glad you started out on what will be another great adventure to add to the saga of NAS Alameda.
    I don't think that place got as must attention as when the Mythbusters TV show filmed all there experments
    and stunts out on the runways and in the hangers.

Looking forward to the C1A Cod AI traffic. Is that really you in the co-pilots seats?
    You're right, that's me. Back when I was flying with the virtual Air National Guard commanding the Air Refueling Wing at the tri-base in NJ, flying a KC-10 or air reserve DC10. I learned how to replace the crew face(s) if they were texture not part of the model file and created my own crew of real ANG copilot and crew chief on the boom. I think its fun to go outside the cockpit and see yourself in the aircraft that you are flying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ribbon-yellow-us-flag-42.png  

A Problem

I got the Flightplan and all the textures created however, the textures and the aircraft are a ui aircraft and very frame rate heavy. I am going to see if I reduce the textures to 512x512 if I can reduce the size of the files and make it not so fps consuming. If anyone has any ideas because I do not know of ANY C1A ai aircraft let me know here in this thread.

Ahhh. there you are....I was wondering were you drifted to as I didn't see you at the Alameda thread. Forgot about the Cod AI project.

Looking for that Ship AI for the Hawk that you mentioned in your PM to me the other day. Did you get that one hammered out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I got the Flightplan and all the textures created however, the textures and the aircraft are a ui aircraft and very frame rate heavy. I am going to see if I reduce the textures to 512x512 if I can reduce the size of the files and make it not so fps consuming. If anyone has any ideas because I do not know of ANY C1A ai aircraft let me know here in this thread.

Where can I download this texture?

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    This is a "spin-off" from the NAS Alameda thread since it is dedicated solely to the G7-C1AX (available here) repaints that I have done to have VR-30 at our reactivated NAS Alameda. I intend to create an ai flight plan for five of the six assigned aircraft of VR-30 and also the assigned NAS Alameda COD 136055 which repaint comes with the download. Below are two shots of me in the right hand seat and a LT(jg) getting our flight time to qualify for May flight pay parked at Parking 10 on the seaplane ramp with USS Forrestal CVA-59 tied up at the pier in the background. USS Constellation, CVA-64 has just departed for her evening ai-traffic file past San Francisco out into the Pacific for a four hour cruise. I will add a dropbox link to the repaints here and also post them over in the Warbirds Library. I am also going to convert my "Miss America" 136051 C1A Trader texture to dds for FSX later next week.

Notice that we were just issued our new HGU-33 helmets and sage green NOMEX flight suits trading in the old helmets and orange flight suits.

Do you know where I can download this texture?

These textures are part of Tgycgijoes' NAS Alameda 1960s scenery. Not sure if it is in the SOH Library, but you should search the SOH FSX Forum for "Alameda" to find the development thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0