Curtiss C-46 Commando

Thread: Curtiss C-46 Commando

Curtiss C-46 Commando

Today ,and thanks to the wonderful talented lovers of desk top Flight simming we have Great Classic Planes...most notably ..the DC-3 C-47..There is however another Historic plane,no less an impact in Aviation ,and that is the C-46,Curtiss Commando....They can be a matched set of excellence for Flight simmers..What I'am saying its time for a Updated Carefully crafted model emerge..I hope some day it will Be so...Thnx!!

Yeah I would like to see one too. I am a huge fan of Ice Pilots (Buffalo Airways) and they are always saying that the C-46 is the most difficult plane in the fleet to pilot. It would be great to get a representation in FSX.

Cheers,

Simviation FSX Add-ons - Vintage Page 7

<cite class="_Rm">simviation.com/fsxvintage7.htm</cite>

FS2004/FSX Curtiss C-46 Commando Package. More than proud, I am so happy to present my first model: GA_Curtis C-46 COMANDO, in AEROCONDOR'S ...

It's not native, but flies well enough that I don't care, but the California Classics C-46 by Libardo Guzman and Tom Gibson is excellant. The only changes I've had to do for it in FSX SE was to change the prop blur textures. And there's a ton of paints out there for it.

(I've got several that I need to package up and upload)

Willy
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Something I mucked around with in 2012...

[the call was my old man's ham sign]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    This one and cal-classics DC7B Id love to see in FSX native. Atm they both fly just fine in FSX-SE aisde a minor issue with the DC7 being a brick and a tank on TO.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    This one and cal-classics DC7B Id love to see in FSX native. Atm they both fly just fine in FSX-SE aisde a minor issue with the DC7 being a brick and a tank on TO.
    The Curtis C-46 as nativ fsx with a real good looking VC. Thats my dream.

Because i love to fly this bird, i did a new vc (more like ice pilots) to her a long time ago.

But that is not the vc i wish to have. Think it will be a dream for a long time.....

Greetings
    Klaus

As is my wont...I'd also done a 2D panel ....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C46-2D-panel.jpg  

Hi,
    Fine VC but, can we get this?
    JMC

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post

Would love to get that too

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Beautiful VC. Would also love to get this VC !

Gérard

Jafo has said that is just a 2D panel (if that's what you're referring to), not a VC. If you're referring to Klaus' shots at the top, I apologize. I've tried reworking the VC but it's beyond help due to modeling problems and the way the VC panel was made (a bitmap stored in the panel folder and too small for the amount of gauges it holds). The panel should be done in two sections with each section being at least 1024x512, then the gauges would be readable and much sharper. The exterior and interior can be improved with larger texture sheets, but the VC panel is as good as it gets without some intervention by someone with modeling experience and access to the source code.

I rather wish designers would omit these cartoon pilots though. Being the untalented slob that I am I appreciate their efforts but find they detract from the immersion.

Those Cartoon Pilots...Reminds me of Bill Lyons Cartoons..Including that PUP with the Wagging Tail.....With Them You could not show if you wished...But i Liked the Company...Our wonderful Make believe world!!....HAVE FUN!!

The version 2 vc has two bitmaps instead of just one and is much better than the original. The center section and overhead are on one and the left and right panels are on the other.

There are also separate models with and without the pilots in the VC. Take your pick.

I just downloaded from the simviation link. Assumed that was the most recent. I'll look around for V2 and have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I just downloaded from the simviation link. Assumed that was the most recent. I'll look around for V2 and have a look.
    could you link it here when youve found it?..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    could you link it here when youve found it?..thanks
    Try Here:
    http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...or=&CatID=root

If that doesn't work (you may have to be signed in/registered), try here:
    http://www.calclassic.com/commando.htm

Click on the image of the Commando and it'll take you to the downloads page.

The CalClassic page is the best place to get the latest versions of their aircraft. They have all been updated as deemed necessary since the FS 2002 days.

While I had a hand in the original version panel, the 2nd version is much better.

Members who have read this thread: 0