Scimitar by Rob Richardson.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Scimitar by Rob Richardson....

Scimitar

Great machine, Rob. Thank you!

She is sweet! 2 for 2 traps on the 1960 Vic - crash detection "ON"!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Sweet Screen EP , love these RN carriers .. super duper

Instruction to use tacpack please (I can only shoot rockets)

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    She is sweet! 2 for 2 traps on the 1960 Vic - crash detection "ON"!

This little birdie is a fun one to fly. Im not that familiar with the history of the Scimitar, but I do wonder if she flys like a heavy bird (F-4) or more like an A-4. As a two engined aircraft, I would think more like an F-4? Reason for asking is that I think this one currently "floats" a lot. Getting her to lose lift and get down on the deck is a bit different. I did 2 go arounds before getting her cross deck on the Oriskany as a visitor!

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    This little birdie is a fun one to fly. Im not that familiar with the history of the Scimitar, but I do wonder if she flys like a heavy bird (F-4) or more like an A-4. As a two engined aircraft, I would think more like an F-4? Reason for asking is that I think this one currently "floats" a lot. Getting her to lose lift and get down on the deck is a bit different. I did 2 go arounds before getting her cross deck on the Oriskany as a visitor!
    The Scimitar flight dynamics were designed, uncompromisingly, for easy deck landing.
    However there are certain trade-offs, “yer pays yer money and takes yer choice” or in this case “yer pays no money”.
    Please, instead of criticising freeware, put your neck on the block and give us what you think is an accurate airfile.

This paint has gone on for long enough. I can't say I'm 100% happy with it or that it's 100% finished but it'll do for now as an alternative to Rob's 112 for those wanting to land on Victorious with a native scheme.

Victorious59
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    This paint has gone on for long enough. I can't say I'm 100% happy with it or that it's 100% finished but it'll do for now as an alternative to Rob's 112 for those wanting to land on Victorious with a native scheme.
    Victorious59
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks Dave, I like the stenciling you added!

Cheers matey I have more to add but I'm waiting for Warpaint#85 to hit the doormat. Some stencils are 'universal'.. others (that you'd expect to be universal) are not When I've finally worked out which are and which are not.. I'll probably reissue this one along with a few new ones.. I hope

ATB
    DaveB

Rob please accept my apology if I have offended you! My question was to understand the flight dynamics of an airplane I am unfamiliar with. Not criticism! I am a 100 percent fan and appreciate the work you and many others put into our collective hobby.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Rob please accept my apology if I have offended you! My question was to understand the flight dynamics of an airplane I am unfamiliar with. Not criticism! I am a 100 percent fan and appreciate the work you and many others put into our collective hobby.

Eric
    Eric, we all get a little passionate about this hobby from time to time!
    The subject of Flight dynamics for simulator aircraft is never going to be an exact science
    In my case All that can be done is to read every scrap of information available, any pilots notes, feed into the aircraft cfg file all weights and dimensions etc.... then at that point the real hard work begins when work starts on the air file.
    One very small adjustment in one area often affects so many other parameters
    The Scimitar was, as you have said, a large, but by all accounts nimble, twin engine jet.
    The large flap area ( notice the huge fuselage flaps ) did generate significant ground effect, so I have read.
    Looking at Youtube videos I noticed a high AOA on approach, not so good for us sim pilots, so something had to be done about that!
    All in all, one thing has to be traded off for something else.
    Last edited by robcarrich; May 30th, 2016 at 11:33. Reason: too many very's

Can someone point me in the direction of the latest version of AICarriers, please?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Dave..

The latest version is the .net version (no Java required) and can be found here.. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...?topic=11293.0

ATB
    DaveB

Just painted: XD321 of 807 NAS which was based on the HMS Centaur in 1961-1962.
    Thanks to Rob Richardson for the model & paintkit, Dave Booker for additional stencils and mods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XD321.jpg  

Love that Henk

PM sent at CBFS btw
    ATB
    DaveB

Thanks for all the help DaveB
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Really enjoying using the Scimitar Rob... thank you...

And thanks for the additional paints guys.

Matt

The arrival of Warpaint#85 shows I got the nose number and fin letter wrong. It's not yellow.. it's sky blue!!

The full revised download is HERE

ATB
    DaveB

Very nice looking model. Can someone put up a few VC shots, please?

Here's another to the collection.. XD221 801/FD, No.801 Intensive Flying Flight FAA, RNAS Ford, 1958..

Available HERE

ATB
    DaveB

I just downloaded all of these add-on textures. Thanks guys!

Rob was kind enough to provide me this beauty, and as a non-fighter simmer, I am loving it.

now on to downloading the paints and start practicing
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Thanks Rob for yet another magnificent rendition of a British beauty. Great fun to fly.
    Mike

I made a slight faux pas with the v2 textures in that the folder I put them in was wrongly named. They should be in texture.154 which is what the cfg calls for. Thanks to DaveH for pointing this out. The file has since been amended

ATB
    DaveB

Loving the paints, thank you Dave and Henk.

Members who have read this thread: 3