T6 g-buky

Thread: T6 g-buky

T6 g-buky

Would anyone be willing to do a repaint of BUKY for the Accu-Sim version it flies over my house from time to time.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5528/1...7038c5b4_b.jpg

South of Possum Lodge in the 6ix, somewhere near YKZ

T-6 g-buky

Hi Tom:

Started on it this morning for you. With my current schedule it will take me about 2 weeks if that's OK with you.

Halfsaw

Quote Originally Posted by HalfSaw View Post
    Hi Tom:

Started on it this morning for you. With my current schedule it will take me about 2 weeks if that's OK with you.

Halfsaw
    Thats absolutely fine thank you.

For anyone wondering what BUKY looks likes, here she is in the early 1990s just after rebuild (when I had hair!). Have flown in her on a number of occasions, and sorry to Tom, if it was making too much noise!

Martin
    A2A T-6 Project Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    For anyone wondering what BUKY looks likes, here she is in the early 1990s just after rebuild (when I had hair!). Have flown in her on a number of occasions, and sorry to Tom, if it was making too much noise!

Martin
    No need to be sorry its a welcome sight did you ever fly her from Lee On Solent she comes from that direction everytime.

Martin
    Martin:

Thanks for the pic. I found about 2 dozen more, but one thing I can't find in any pics are the registration numbers. Does it wear any, or is it exempt from having to display them? I can't find any info yet on UK aircraft registration rules.

In Canada, they have to be displayed, but can be modified by request for vintage aircraft in military piant schemes.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas.

PS: Tom, work progresses. Port side markings done and cowling checker pattern started. Having trouble finding a blue I like. Simmers pint shop is my usual guide for colours, but the midnight blue they recommed isn't blue enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfSaw View Post
    Martin:

Thanks for the pic. I found about 2 dozen more, but one thing I can't find in any pics are the registration numbers. Does it wear any, or is it exempt from having to display them? I can't find any info yet on UK aircraft registration rules.

In Canada, they have to be displayed, but can be modified by request for vintage aircraft in military piant schemes.
    She has an exemption to wear military markings. Doesn't have to wear the civilian registration anywhere on the side or underneath as per usual, just display a plate in the front cockpit with the registration on. The rules are rather strict now as to the wearing of military markings and as she was painted before the new regs came into power, she has 'grandfather rights' to wear the older and not so authentic US Navy markings. Built as a Harvard 4 (not a T-6G) she first saw service with the postwar Luftwaffe before being sold to the Portuguese Air Force in 1963, with whom it was used as a ground attack trainer until the late 1970s. Flown to the UK in the back of a Portuguese Hercules she was rebuilt at West Malling in Kent and was the last aeroplane ever to take off from this airfield before the housing developers took over.

https://www.caa.co.uk/Aircraft-regis...ircraft-marks/

Martin

She was very busy at Flying Legends last summer too:–

Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

This year she will be joined in the pleasure flying role with G-BJST in her new colours (researched and implemented by myself) as AJ841 and soon to be available as a repaint for the A2A T-6.

How times have changed.....

BUKY 1996

BJST 2015

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    No need to be sorry its a welcome sight did you ever fly her from Lee On Solent she comes from that direction everytime.
    Ummm she is based at Duxford. Are you sure it's the same one? There is G-TEXN which lives at Goodwood. Might be her. She was the old BHTH which was a T-6G painted up to represent a SNJ-7 (of which the only airworthy example is G-BRVG which is owned by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd fame). The only T-6 based at Lee is G-RAIX which is painted yellow.

TEXN was another of my 1/1 scale repaints. The new owners wanted her in an overall blue scheme, but this was not common for second line types and it took a little while to find the proof required and that was found in of all things a Monogram US Navy colour schemes book, which showed a SNJ-5 in wrap around blue. This pleased the authorities and she was painted as she is seen today. Now living at Goodwood with the Boultbee Collection and all those nice two seater Spitfires.

Martin

More photos of G-BUKY than you can shake a stick at: https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=...te-posted-desc

Just downloaded her tonight. Will try first thing in the morning. The owners will be pleased to see this.

And the T-6J was something of an Urban Myth, like Captain Pugwash! No Harvard 4 card ever showed this designation and as I know, it never really existed. Not that it stopped another British Mk.4 being registered G-TVIJ.

Best wishes and thanks for all your hard work, so much appreciated.

Martin

Couldn't resist it, had to try it before bed. Love it, nice to 'fly' a T-6 that have experienced in real life. Have spoken to the owner who is currently in Dubai and he thinks its wonderful. And if anyone wants to fly it for real then pop up to Duxford and experience it with Classic Wings.

Again thanks so much,

Martin

Couldn't resist it, had to try it before bed. Love it, nice to 'fly' a T-6 that have experienced in real life. Have spoken to the owner who is currently in Dubai and he thinks its wonderful. And if anyone wants to fly it for real then pop up to Duxford and experience it with Classic Wings.

Again thanks so much,

Martin
    Glad you like it Martin. I enjoy painting it, although I can't fly it for s... well, you can fill in the blank as you see fit.

Is that the ACG Duxford Scenery? I'm usiing Alf's right now.

TTFN

Douglas

Very nice job Douglas!

G-BUKY & G-BJST have a Youtube channel created by one of its pilot's: -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVf...W-d6W4P2mOg89Q

Some nice cockpit footage posted on it.

Cheers

Paul

How times have changed.....

BUKY 1996

BJST 2015

Martin
    Yeah Yeah .. even me MO - STASH fell off .. whoops that was fake ... better put a real one on

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Yeah Yeah .. even me MO - STASH fell off .. whoops that was fake ... better put a real one on
    See what you mean....well it's here today as just have checked my top lip, but yes it seems to come and go....and the hair on top of my head just goes!

And the scenery is Orbx's Pacific North West flying out of Jefferson County International and just in and out of the 719yd Diamond Point. Will go back to the usual Horizon VFR soon, just having a holiday.

Cheers,

Martin

(and this SNJ-5, looking like a T-6G will hopefully be another repaint available soon)

(and this SNJ-5, looking like a T-6G will hopefully be another repaint available soon)
    Martin, I took one look at that and started the repaint before I read the P.S. I have a bit of a list of requests, but it is on the go. Close up photos of the decals on the cowl and up near the anti glare panel would be a great help.

TTFN

Douglas

Snj-5 n6972c

Couple of WIP screenies

TTFN

Douglas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WIP-2.jpg   WIP-1.jpg  

Looking good, I will get onto the detail photos right away, I know of someone that has hopefully all that is required. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she isn't painted in a standard colour, looks more salmon than anything else. Was quite surprised when I first saw it. I was brought in by the new owners when the CAA stated that it was wearing a non authentic scheme and therefore they wouldn't allow it to fly in those colours in the UK. It all comes down to a postwar US Navy specification called SR-2G, where for the first time since the 1930s, Naval Air Arms were allowed to show their titles on the fuselage - a lot of people think that the star and bars and MARINES are the wrong way around. Presenting the authorities with the necessary proof in both documentation and photos, she is allowed to stay as she is.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=N6972C

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hjcurt...-FyDKFa-oXcC3s

And three from my last trip in her:

Martin

Ummm she is based at Duxford. Are you sure it's the same one? There is G-TEXN which lives at Goodwood. Might be her. She was the old BHTH which was a T-6G painted up to represent a SNJ-7 (of which the only airworthy example is G-BRVG which is owned by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd fame). The only T-6 based at Lee is G-RAIX which is painted yellow.

TEXN was another of my 1/1 scale repaints. The new owners wanted her in an overall blue scheme, but this was not common for second line types and it took a little while to find the proof required and that was found in of all things a Monogram US Navy colour schemes book, which showed a SNJ-5 in wrap around blue. This pleased the authorities and she was painted as she is seen today. Now living at Goodwood with the Boultbee Collection and all those nice two seater Spitfires.

Martin
    It could be its so high up when it comes over that I cant see any markings.

Again thanks so much,

Martin

Thank you how do you get the pilot to show up hes invisible in my one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    Thank you how do you get the pilot to show up hes invisible in my one.
    Tom, press SHIFT+3 and this brings up the Fuel and Payload Manager screen. Here you can change the crew and top up your tanks. For further information had a read of the manual.

Martin

Members who have read this thread: 0