PG Dewoitine D-338 repaint pack by UncleTgt!

Thread: PG Dewoitine D-338 repaint pack by UncleTgt!

Icon22 PG Dewoitine D-338 repaint pack by UncleTgt!

...the graceful Dewoitine D338 made by Patrice Grange for FS2004 & FSX.

An elegant looker, flying like a pig for the AI at the moment... & likes to go vertical in combat too much (for an airliner).

July 1940, Japanese fighters shot down F-AQBA "Ville de Saigon" over the Gulf of Tonkin
    Early 1941, F-AQBF "Ville de STrasbourg" as it appeared in French Indo-China
    F-ARIB "Ville de Bangkok" wearing Vichy french markings circa May '41
    Same a/c after it's liberation in Beruit, now coded FL-ARI "Verdun", circa mid'42
    F-AQBD in postwar dull grey-green

Could you please explain why you are rubbishing this AI model for FS2004/FSX, when it was never meant to perform as a flyable plane?

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    Could you please explain why you are rubbishing this AI model for FS2004/FSX, when it was never meant to perform as a flyable plane?
    It was released as a flying plane for both FSX & FS2004

Name: dewo_338.zip
    Size: 8,030,981 Date: 06-07-2009 Downloads: 2,447

FSX Dewoitine D.338 complete package. This is an FSX SP2 version of the Dewoitine D.338, slightly modified from the previous one (FS2004/FSX) to be fully compatible with FSX SP2 Acceleration Pack. The Dewoitine D338 was the legendary French liner used during the thirties, mainly by Air France on the intercontinental lines. The model in this package represents an aircraft used by Air France in 1938 on Far East lines (from Paris to Singapore, Bangkok, Saigon...), with a typical 12 seat lay-out. Features full moving parts and animations (control surfaces, gears, door...) plus a custom panel made from a real picture and a "passenger point of view" virtual cockpit. Compatible with FS2004, FSX, and now FSX SP2 Acceleration. By Patrice Grange.

&

Name: noname54.zip
    Size: 7,327,340 Date: 02-09-2008 Downloads: 2,352

FS2004/FSX Dewoitine D.338 complete package. A French liner used during the thirties, mainly by Air France on the intercontinental lines. The model in this package represents an aircraft used by Air France in 1938 on Far East lines (from Paris to Singapore, Bangkok, Saigon, etc.), with a typical 12 seat lay-out. Features full moving parts and animations (control surfaces, gears, door) plus a custom panel made from a real picture. Designed by Patrice Grange.

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    Good grief - I'm not rubbishing, I posted in the CFS2 forum for a reason.

To make it fly in CFS 2 it needs a new airfile, which I'm working on. Whilst I have the player aircraft flying well, the AI aircraft does not cruise so well. It is a WIP, & may need the help of better airfile engineers than I.

Glad you liked the repaints, thanks for the positive feedback

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Looking forward to it UT! Despite all the rubbish!

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Thanks MR. Don't worry, no weird payloads to search for with this bird

Ha ha ha!

Poor ol' John! Sorry, I did laugh, after showing some very nice re-paints and making an innocent observation, he then gets slated...ho hum never mind, well taken though.

Emfrat....hmmm.......

Anyhoo, an interesting and 'snooty' beast, in fact coz of this I'm off to get it...and no one can stop me!!

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    Looking forward to it UT! Despite all the rubbish!

MR
    I agree with you, Chris!!!
    Thank you Uncle

Beautiful as always.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

PG Dewoitine D338 UT.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Other

Description: PG Dewoitine D338 for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is a conversion of the FS2004 Dewoitine D338 by Patrice Grange.

The pack includes new air & dp files, plus WIN 7 safe panels. There are glossy & matt finish models, & although not equipped with a dynamic VC, the models have been hex-edited to provide a basic VC view. It is uploaded as a complete aircraft for ease of installation to CFS2. The sounds are aliased to the stock P38F_Lightning.

The textures included are:

F-AQBA Ville de Saigon - as it appeared when shot down by Japanese fighters over the Gulf of Tonkin, 7th July 1940.

F-AQBF Ville de Strasbourg - French Indo China circa early 1941.

F-ARIB Ville de Bangkok - in Vichy markings circa early 1942.

FL-ARI Verdun - Liberated in Beruit during the summer of 1941, F-ARIE was renamed "Verdun" & used by the Lignes Aeriennes Militaire.

F-AQBD - in overall dull grey green as used immediately following the end of WW2 in Europe.

The air file proved especially challenging, and I struggled to get a single file that would serve as both Player and AI. I am limited to using AirEd, AAM & aircraft.cfg file tweaks, so if someone with access to better data & tools can improve on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Take-off for the Player aircraft is especially difficult, as this aircraft has a tendency to lift it's tail to the point that you get a prop strike, & yet struggles to lift off the runway unless you apply full up elevator trim. That slender long nose with an engine at the end really doesn't help!

The 2D panel I've provided is functional but very basic, & not at all useful for flying use as the field of view is quite restrictive. It needs to be improved to better match the VC field of view (whilst retaining instrumentation). Luckily I do most of my flying using HUD view. The non-stock gauges used are provided for completeness.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Patrice Grange for the original Dewoitine D338.

Kelticheart for his exhaust effects & prop bitmaps, the effects are called for in the dp file, & the 2 blade prop bitmaps were modified to match the painted ID marks used by Air France pre-war.

Peperez for the Fiat G12 conversion, it's dp file was the starting point for the Dewoitine's dp file.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

MAY 2016

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit PG Dewoitine D338 UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Reply...

John,

I don't think I'll be able to help you on the airfile, but nice job on getting the release together and uploaded!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Got 'em!

Thanks UT.

I'll get them loaded up later tonight and go flying!

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    Hello UT?

Real nice job, good to fly a real beautyful French aircraft.

François

Francois, I'm glad you like it - sorry I pinched the best repaints

Members who have read this thread: 0