FSX.SE & Traffic X

Thread: FSX.SE & Traffic X

FSX.SE & Traffic X

Hi I decided to ditch my old FSX box set (discs damaged) & go for FSX.SE. Loaded this OK, added some aircraft OK, Loaded ORBX England & Trees HD - OK. Got my JF Traffic X disc, this allowed me to specify where to install the program. Selected Steam,etc - installed OK. Checked scenery/world/scenery - TrafficX.bgl there. Checked sim objects - folder Traffic X there with all the aircraft. Ran FSX, chose traffic density of 85% - went to Manchester Airport - no aircraft anywhere. Checked elsewhere - same. The Traffic X files are in exactly the same place in SE as they were on my old FSX. I could be wrong but I also think Henrik Nielsens AI ships are also not showing - couldn't see any at Liverpool. Any help gladly accepted. Regards, ChrisJD

Have you installed any fs9 traffic files? If no, then check your FSX.cfg file to see if there is a simobject entry for TrafficX.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Have you installed any fs9 traffic files? If no, then check your FSX.cfg file to see if there is a simobject entry for TrafficX.

Joe
    Thanks Butcherbird17 I checked the FSX.cfg file (the one in apps data/roaming/microsoft) & there is no entry there for trafficX. But I also have the old FSX cfg file I was using & that does not have one either. Am I being a bit thick & looking in the wrong place? This is a new installation of FSX.SE so no fs9 files. Regards, ChrisJD

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJD View Post
    Thanks Butcherbird17 I checked the FSX.cfg file (the one in apps data/roaming/microsoft) & there is no entry there for trafficX. But I also have the old FSX cfg file I was using & that does not have one either. Am I being a bit thick & looking in the wrong place? This is a new installation of FSX.SE so no fs9 files. Regards, ChrisJD
    Ok, I know that when I installed Traffic 360 into FSX.SE I had the same problem with no AI showing. After I added the
    simobjectspath to the FSX.cfg it started working. Being that TrafficX morphed into 360 what I did should work for you.
    Also have you generated the traffic file within the TrafficX program?

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

Hi Joe Thanks for your comments. There appears to be nowhere to set up TrafficX except in FSX itself - graphics settings, traffic percent, etc. From memory I have never had to do any set up - it just ran. I am interested in your addition to .cfg - could you let me have the wording for this entry & I will try it. I think the problem is simple to fix - if I can find what it is! I should mention that my version of TrafficX is fairly old - I think it had only just been released when I bought it. What I don't understand is why the program does not recognise the .bgl for TrafficX. I thought FSX & FSX.SE would be the same as regards .bgls. Oh Well. Thanks for your help. Regards, Chris

Hi Joe - OK - problem solved. I Googled the Traffic X & FSX.SE & found a short u tube video by Just Flight showing exactly what to enter in the .cfg file. I did as he said - took me all of a minute - & there we are - all AI planes showing.
    Thanks for your help but we are good to go. Regards, Chris

Chris,

Good to know you got it fixed. Was it putting the entry in the cfg file that did the trick? Maybe posting a link to the video
    will help someone down the road if the do a search for the same problem.

Joe

Hi Joe Yes - it was as simple as adding 'SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\TrafficX' to Main in the cfg file. The Google query is titled 'FSX Steam - Traffic 360 Instant Fix - U Tube' & is by Just Flight.
    Hope this helps anyone else as you say. Regards, Chris

Members who have read this thread: 0