OV-10D, CV-10 native - pointy Bronco...

Thread: OV-10D, CV-10 native - pointy Bronco...

Members +
    Blog Entries

OV-10D, CV-10 native - pointy Bronco...

...and the box one comes in.

Might as well throw these two over the fence. I think the VC glass needs adjusting yet, otherwise alles ist gut.
    Forgot a screencap of the CV-10, but everybody knows that one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym...ew?usp=sharing

Attachment 38072

OV-10D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks for using my repaints for this project. I think I'll dig out my paint files and re do them for FSX.
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

Members +
    Blog Entries
    No, John, thank you. The Broncos have been around on my computers for so long I'd lost track of who's skins came from where and just zipped 'em straight out of my install. Piglets Broncos are the best, wanted that OV-10D and CV-10 native since FSX came out.

Cheers Lazarus, Piglet's Bronco (and Mohawk) are among my favourites.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Ditto....

Same here Tom. . .I just wish I could get the Mohawk to slow down, lol. In the air it's awesome, on the ground it takes forever to slow down after landing and if sitting still it will creep along til it's moving over 60kts.

Reverse pitch Ed, she'll stop in a couple hundred yards from touchdown if you use it and the Lycomings growl most impressively as it bites.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Reverse pitch Ed, she'll stop in a couple hundred yards from touchdown if you use it and the Lycomings growl most impressively as it bites.
    For some reason, that has been intermittent in the past. . .sometimes it works, other times it doesn't (using the F2 Key). I tried it on a quick take off and landing at Whidbey Is NAS and it was again intermittent. If I hold the F2 key down constantly it's off, on, off, on, off, on. . .if I hold it at least 5 secs (as some had suggested to me previously) it comes out of reverse pitch as soon as I release the key. Anyway, here's a pic of my "Cavenaugh Flight Museum" OV-1 Mohawk.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    The flight dynamics on all the Bronco's could use work- as they stand now, they are most un-STOL STOL aircraft. The Bronco should be able to operate off a LPD/LPH- harharhar-SPLASH! The response into reverse is also glacially slow- start hitting F2 a mile from the threshold and you may get into beta by the time you get to the numbers 10,000 ft down the other end. Great lookers, not so great FDE's- the AN-32 is another one under-performing a bit.
    No matter! All in good time, just happy to have some of the old clangers available on the darkside. Oh-ho! Helio Courier...I forgot about that one...

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    The flight dynamics on all the Bronco's could use work- as they stand now, they are most un-STOL STOL aircraft. The Bronco should be able to operate off a LPD/LPH- harharhar-SPLASH! The response into reverse is also glacially slow- start hitting F2 a mile from the threshold and you may get into beta by the time you get to the numbers 10,000 ft down the other end. Great lookers, not so great FDE's- the AN-32 is another one under-performing a bit.
    No matter! All in good time, just happy to have some of the old clangers available on the darkside. Oh-ho! Helio Courier...I forgot about that one...
    I have to agree, both the Bronco and the Mohawk are excellent aircraft visually, but the FDE's are really wanting.

Members who have read this thread: 0