AI Traffic for Mark`s scenery Korean War Chodo 1952
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AI Traffic for Mark`s scenery Korean War Chodo 1952

AI Traffic for Mark`s scenery Korean War Chodo 1952

Just started to do a little AI-traffic to the wonderfull scenery of Korean War Chodo 1952 that Mark did. I love that scenery.

First i will place a US carrier force in the west of Chodo patroling a course about 100 miles around. For that i did a little painting for the USS Essex (CV-9) and three other carrier (USS Boxer (CV-21), USS Valley Forge (CV-45) and USS Philippine Sea (CV-47)). Now they look like they did in Korea War. USS Boxer, the USS Valley Forge and the USS Philippine Sea will be needed for the next step.

First 3 picture from that Carrier Group for Chodo

CV-9 USS Essex (Repaint)

Also a destroyer is patroling around the little ampibian landing on Chodo, that Mike put in his scenery.
    These things are nearly ready an will come very soon (think within this week). I just will correct some little painting things on the Essex.

Step two will be a big AI traffic in air over Korea. So you can hunt some Migs

Step three will be another carrier force in the east of Korea.

And the last thing (just startet it.... but it will take time)... a complete AI Traffic for the Operation Chromite .. the landing at Inchon. Big task because there will be about 200 AI-Ships (starting with the USS Philippine Sea, the USS Iowa, 4 crusier, 7 destroyer an an lot of landing ships, landingboots and troopships). Check Black Friday Ads 2020 and Rural King Ad.With a big help from Mark i learnd some new things (never did that before) in my Emirau scenery. So the "Landing of Inchon" will have corrected coastlines (a big help to deploy all the ships on Google Earth. Positions in FSX are very bad.)

Ok.... that`s for now.

Greetings
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Just started to do a little AI-traffic to the wonderfull scenery of Korean War Chodo 1952 that Mark did. I love that scenery.

First i will place a US carrier force in the west of Chodo patroling a course about 100 miles around. For that i did a little painting for the USS Essex (CV-9) and three other carrier (USS Boxer (CV-21), USS Valley Forge (CV-45) and USS Philippine Sea (CV-47)). Now they look like they did in Korea War. USS Boxer, the USS Valley Forge and the USS Philippine Sea will be needed for the next step.

First 3 picture from that Carrier Group for Chodo

CV-9 USS Essex (Repaint)

Also a destroyer is patroling around the little ampibian landing on Chodo, that Mike put in his scenery.
    These things are nearly ready an will come very soon (think within this week). I just will correct some little painting things on the Essex.

Step two will be a big AI traffic in air over Korea. So you can hunt some Migs

Step three will be another carrier force in the east of Korea.

And the last thing (just startet it.... but it will take time)... a complete AI Traffic for the Operation Chromite .. the landing at Inchon. Big task because there will be about 200 AI-Ships (starting with the USS Philippine Sea, the USS Iowa, 4 crusier, 7 destroyer an an lot of landing ships, landingboots and troopships). With a big help from Mark i learnd some new things (never did that before) in my Emirau scenery. So the "Landing of Inchon" will have corrected coastlines (a big help to deploy all the ships on Google Earth. Positions in FSX are very bad.)

Ok.... that`s for now.

Greetings
    Klaus
    Looks great

Members +
    Blog Entries
    http://simviation.com/1/download-fil...p&fileId=47740

Cool! Pull down that link for the tonkin gulf yacht club package, it's got a number of ships appropriate to that era- LSD's, LST's, LSM,s APK's, Curritucks, Gearings. I've also a pile of amphib stuff- landing craft of various sorts, LCI's from Penwins packages, a bunch of VN stuff good for AI- low poly, but some Brooklyn and Wichita class cruisers- need painting- that are more appropriate than the Pensacola's. Colin's commonwealth ships here in the library, too. I guess I should get the thumb out and finish up that rocket cruiser and Des Moines class...

Thanks a lot. Will have a look into that file.

for now.... first patrol near Chodo....

And the Essex .... after some hours of painting-work. Now she doesn`t look as new as before. Think that outfit matches the real.

Greetings
    Klaus

Superb work!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

This is wonderful!
    This work and your Emirau makes me see what can be done in the future.
    Imagine jumping Zeros flying CAP over Rabaul, or patrols down the Solomon slot. flying formation on Corsairs out of Barakoma...
    And of course Panthers and Sabres chasing Migs over the Yalu!

This is wonderful!
    This work and your Emirau makes me see what can be done in the future.
    Imagine jumping Zeros flying CAP over Rabaul, or patrols down the Solomon slot. flying formation on Corsairs out of Barakoma...
    And of course Panthers and Sabres chasing Migs over the Yalu!
    Yes very exciting. I have some increasingly enjoyable AI environments - fun to tweak and pick and mix aircraft/base/flight assignments (heavy use of TTools and ADEX) in the Solomons, Emirau (nice addition!) and looking forward now to adding to to my more limited achievements with Korea. I have some of Colin's modded by Lazarus (thx!) cv's on carrier tracks already there.

Getting the WWII - Korea era straight deck Essex deck color is tricky. The decks were wood painted a particular "blue." The green/blue in my screenshot below looks pleasing but is a bit more than you see in the rare color photos from the period, which of course over time lose their color hue and quality. Also experimented with a more brown/woodish color you see on old Monogram model boxes and aviation art. Also pleasing, but not sure that's right eityherWhat you have done with the deck and textures is an improvement and look forward to upgrading my Essex class fleet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails essex brn deck.jpg   Valley Forge.jpg  
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Getting the WWII - Korea era straight deck Essex deck color is tricky. The decks were wood painted a particular "blue." The green/blue in my screenshot below looks pleasing but is a bit more than you see in the rare color photos from the period, which of course over time lose their color hue and quality. Also experimented with a more brown/woodish color you see on old Monogram model boxes and aviation art. Also pleasing, but not sure that's right eityherWhat you have done with the deck and textures is an improvement and look forward to upgrading my Essex class fleet!
    I just orientated on the following photos. They are not as good a photos today(think on the age of that fotos) but ok. They show a realistic sight i think. My experience as a "painter" isn`t good enough to do as realistic as the photos ... but i will try to come a little bit near by changing some things in the next days.

Greetings
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Yes very exciting. I have some increasingly enjoyable AI environments - fun to tweak and pick and mix aircraft/base/flight assignments (heavy use of TTools and ADEX) in the Solomons, Emirau (nice addition!) and looking forward now to adding to to my more limited achievements with Korea. I have some of Colin's modded by Lazarus (thx!) cv's on carrier tracks already there.

Expat have you uploaded any of your Solomon AI work anywhere?Than sounds very promising!
    Stan

Big step forword.... all 4 carriers are painted ready and tested. Get ready the ai traffic files for them to travel.

But the best (from my point of view... i found a good looking Mig-15 to use for AI traffic (did not know any before). First flightplan for test is done and it works.

Mig-15 on airport

Shown is the first north korean Mig... (not my paint). Now i will do some other paints for it and then they come to the sky.
    Yust made a concept how i can get them to the Mig Aley. Problem was that they had to fley there not only on one route. I want it to look like patroling the air space. Found a possible way to do that.

Bad news : now it will take some days more (just days) till i will get the first package out. (some things to do .... 3 new simple airbases must be build)
    In this package there will be all the carriers with traffic for Chodo and the east coast of Korea. Mig-15 traffic in the Mig Aley and US Traffic in the air (got the models for that... only have to do the flight plans. )

Think release will be till the last weekend of may

Greetings
    Klaus

Members +
    Blog Entries
    I'm just rounding up amphibs and shipping- A while back I ran all of Penwin's ambhibs through the converter. That's got all the LCT's, LCM,s LCI's, LST's. I modelled LST's with bow doors and ramps open for beaching, LSM's and Casa-grand LSD's. CG's shipyard provided attack transports and minesweepers.
    Currituck seaplane tenders, we got, and Stuart, the boat gods bless and keep his hard-drive safe- has just posted HMS Unicorn- that's the big seadrome at Sasebo taken care of, and we have native Mariners now.
    I'm going to have to have another look at Stuart Green's Sunderland- elderly, a bit broad in the nose, but...Jen's Hythe might be a good stand in.
    Mig-15's- we need a native freeware Mig-15. What's a decent freeware Mig-15?

Anyway, I'll get all that stuff on the drive today.

Great stuff, guys!!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    You guys have been busy I see.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Members +
    Blog Entries
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym...ew?usp=sharing

1950 ships- some old, some new, lotta 'phibs. Minesweepers, transports, seaplane and submarine tenders...anyway. Have fun, looking forward to the end product.
    Use 'em of not, as you like.
    There may be some duplication with stuff you already have on hand, and the cruisers will need repainting from wartime colours to post-war paintwork.
    I'm just taking Unicorn in hand for wires and whatnot.

Thanks Lazarus, all good stuff for scenery enthusiasts. The seas around ChoDo Island will be teaming with activity.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks Lazarus, i think there are some of these ship i didn`t know till know.

Some little progress i would like to show.

First i did 4 airbases to get the ai-traffic to fly in the MIG Aley. Please do not look for best possible airbases. Just did them to get the right starting points for the MIG. Best one till know is Antung. Just leying at the north-west starting point of MIG Aley on chinese side of the Yalu River. It was the biggest base for Mig in Korean War.

And a little Dogfight with the Mig.... just one of 10 repaints till know.

ok...thats for today

Greetings
    Klaus

Ok .... one picture left.... dogfight with two Mig....

Members +
    Blog Entries
    HMS Unicorn (I 79) was an aircraft carrier tender, or aircraft maintenance carrier. Unicorn was heavily tasked during the Korean War, transporting troops, stores and equipment to Korea, further functioning in her design role at sea with the strike carriers, taking aboard damaged or ailing aircraft, leaving the strike ships un-encumbered with tango-uniformed machines. Unicorn also became one of, if not the only carrier to have gone into action in a traditional naval role- shore bombardment, when she went after North Korean FOO's with her 4.5" guns.
    Stuarts nice CFS2 model, wires and one cat. That should allow a pretty fair representation of period ships and activity area's.
    Now, to the MiG15...
    Attachment 38198
    Attachment 38199

Really looking forward to this Klaus. I really need to use the Milviz Tacpack F-86 guns against those Migs and the bombs and rockets against that airbase.

US Airforce is in the air..... just flying in formations.

2 x F-86 (looking for Mig`s)

4 x B-29 (heading for a little visit in Antung...)

Not to long till i will be ready

Greetings
    Klaus

Wonderful stuff Klaus.

It`s done. Just uploding.

Have fun with this.

Greetings
    Klaus

Blog Entries
    As a huge Korea era fan - you have no idea how exciting this is to hear.

Keenly looking forward.

DL

Just had a thrilling flight in the Mig alley. Got a kill:

Members who have read this thread: 0