Viirtavia A4F Lady Jessie

Thread: Viirtavia A4F Lady Jessie

Viirtavia A4F Lady Jessie

I have the Virtavia A4E/F series and wanted to see if anyone could guide me in how to create an A4F clean (no wing tanks) version.
    There are many different configurations of the A4E/F with the bombs/wings tanks etc and I see that there are a few with nothing hanging
    from the wings therefore, I wanted to see how the LADY JESSIE (Clean) could be set up. When I say clean I mean nothing hanging
    from the wings, no pylons either. In other words, it would be configured to look like the Blue Angels version.

Any hints or help would be greatly appreciated as I have tried to come up with what I want and it gets very confusing for me.

This is the texture only I would like no tanks - slick winged -

Gee, I don't know GE, looks awfully good with the wing tanks! Seriously, yes you can get a clean model but the way Virtavia organised the folders and paints does my head in. Almost a tribute to Carl's ("Ninja Mouse") mastery of the AS F8U . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I don't see any LADY Jessie textures in the mix, otherwise, I would of just removed the tank.dds files and see how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Gee, I don't know GE, looks awfully good with the wing tanks! Seriously, yes you can get a clean model but the way Virtavia organised the folders and paints does my head in. Almost a tribute to Carl's ("Ninja Mouse") mastery of the AS F8U . .

Yup.. the number of models is confusing at best. Butch.. I think you edit the stations in the aircraft.cfg though this would impact all the other paints (for that model version). It should work

ATB
    DaveB

I would add the texture folder to the "Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk 0-1 Clean" aircraft folder.

When you add the [fltsim] entry to the aircraft.cfg, make sure you update the "model=" entry. It should be identical to the other entries, such as "model=E_clean_1" for a clean A-4E. If you want a clean A-4F, then use model="F_clean_2"

Piece of cake.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I found the LADY JESSE texture disguised as texture.F_Navy_2, opened a few dds files and confirmed that it was in fact the LADY JESSIE. So now, to make a configuration entry in the aircraft.cfg file
    I guess this would point to the model.F_clean_2 folder in the aircraft.cfg. I am still tinkering around and it doesn't show (yet) in my preview. Gotta play wack-a-mole to get it to work I guess.

Edit: The Lady Jessie texture is named texture.F_Navy-1.
    Last edited by gray eagle; May 14th, 2016 at 13:11.

Hmm.. the paint in Butch's screenie is the F which is in the Clean folder as Clean2. Looking at Clean1 (the E) in MCX.. it is clean but the F still has pylons Maybe that's the best you can do with the F Butch. I tried editing the stations to zero but it had no effect.

ATB
    DaveB

Don't have texture.F_Navy_2, but do have texture.F_Navy_1 which has the Lady Jessie paint. Double check your texture entry.
    -- WH

It is texture.F_Navy_1, my misquote. I had tried to make a folder named texture.F_Navy_2 and copy Navy_1 contents to the texture Navy_2 minus the tank files. No luck.
    I also tried to fix the aircraft.cfg file for the "cleanies" and make another entry in there to point to my home make texture folder.

Sorry to be confusing.

Butch..

Zeroing the station for the centre tank will get rid of the tank but it doesn't look like there's any way to get rid of the pylons on the F. Clean on the F is nothing on the pylons unlike the E where there are no pylons.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    It is texture.F_Navy_1, my misquote. I had tried to make a folder named texture.F_Navy_2 and copy Navy_1 contents to the texture Navy_2 minus the tank files. No luck.
    I also tried to fix the aircraft.cfg file for the "cleanies" and make another entry in there to point to my home make texture folder.

Sorry to be confusing.
    No problem. It's a confusing subject.

When you add your [fltsim] entry into the aircraft.cfg file, make sure the title and variation entries are unique. They should not duplicate any other entries for any other Skyhawk models.

Which folder are you working in, the 'clean' version or the 'Blue Angels' version?
    -- WH

I figured it out

I give you Lady Jessie sans fuel tanks.

Where there is a will....there is a way. It finally dawned on me to use the blue angels' model to see the results and ta-da....presto.....

I "Borrowed" the model from the Blues and added it to the clean folder and just edited the cfg file to point to the blues model.

Jeez. I painted the dang thing and I'm confused just trying to read these threads. I don't think we made a completely clean A-4F.

From the looks of things, you didn't, so I used a little ingenuity on my part and created Lady Jessy with nothing hanging from the wings except for the pylons and I see that those are mapped to the
    image.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Jeez. I painted the dang thing and I'm confused just trying to read these threads. I don't think we made a completely clean A-4F.

The Adversaries aircraft is clean. So is the Blue Angels' aircraft. Both are E models There are no clean "F"s

This is one aircraft I really need to plop photo material onto .. Still a 'K,M ' variant with ... yeah we all Know .. be great to see Virtavia return to this one even simply for the external model , square tipped fin , Draken really love the 'K's .. maybe a 'T-Bird' .. that would be a seller

Just to sort this out, in real life, I have seen the Blues fly in A4's. Now, having said that, and for some reason, Virtavia chose to do an A4F version of the Blues so, I chose that one as it
    had the hump, which by the way and as you most likely know is a A4-F. In the end, I got what I wanted, a clean A-4F (humped version) with no external stores.
    Virtavia has folders labeled with "F" in some of their textures and in this case the BA's was one of the MDL's I used to achieve my desired result.

<dl><dt>A-4F</dt><dd>Refinement of A-4E with extra avionics housed in a hump on the fuselage spine (this feature later retrofitted to A-4Es and some A-4Cs) and more powerful J52-P-8A engine with 9,300 lbf (41 kN) of thrust, later upgraded in service to J52-P-408 with 11,200 lbf (50 kN), 147 built. Some served with Blue Angels acrobatic team from 1973 to 1986</dd></dl>

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    The Adversaries aircraft is clean. So is the Blue Angels' aircraft. Both are E models There are no clean "F"s
    Last edited by gray eagle; May 16th, 2016 at 05:11.

Hey Grey Eagle, maybe the 'Blue Angles should have brought the ex RNZAF A4K's From what I have read and seen 'Draken Aviation' love em to bits ..... and when in RNZAF service they were regularly beating RAAF F-18s in dogfights ...

Members who have read this thread: 0